“Keeps going down hill” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #263 of 451 hotels in Houston
Calgary, Canada
“Keeps going down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I've been staying at the Baymont about a week a month for the last 7 years for business and unfortunately I've had to reconsider that. The cleanliness and amenities are just getting too poor and a lot of times non-existent. The internet is pretty much hit and miss with miss being the more prevalent which I need to conduct business. I can put up with the nefarious looking people and their pit bulls which seem to frequent the hotel quite a bit now, but what I can't put up with are the bugs. Especially the last couple years it's just getting worse, to the point that when I've left I've got roaches crawling out of my overnight bag. I've had a bed bug to which Raquel suggested that I brought it in myself. I'm not trying to be mean because I like Raquel and Tamiko, just saying what I've personally experienced.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tina P, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites Houston I-45 North, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Mr. John, you're talking about the previous management but the new management took over couple of weeks ago and several improvements have been done on the property since then and we're still working on upgrading the hotel.

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Fairly nice and clean room with king size bed, Close to Airport and where I needed to be. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was bit noisy due to freeway traffic. Not too bad for a limited stay and the price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: The area behind the pool area and in the back of the building seems to be less noisy as it is farthe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Cheapest hotel I could find, and when I say cheap I mean not only monetarily. There was a rat swimming in the pool one day, a dead lizard in the washing machine the next. Over the next four days the internet was not working. The response from the front desk was "What do you want me to do about it."

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Guanajuato
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Staff friendly, but is a very old and damagge building. Too noisy, sink in the room was broken, very limited items in breakfast, pets in rooms, dirty towels. I move after the first night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here via a coupon from United. Waited 1.5 hours for a shuttle. They stop at A and B terminal and fill up and never get to the C terminal. When we got there the rooms were excellent and the staff friendly and accommodating even though we were a bit fried. Gave us what we needed and listened to our complaints about getting there. Great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Longwood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We where first given a "No Smoking" room that reeked of nicotine and cigarette smoke. We moved to another room on the opposite side of the complex and this room had no cigarette smoke smell unless you where sitting at the table next to the wall and someone in the room on the other side of the wall was smoking. This second room reeked of mold. The toilet tank would not fill up to the required level, therefore required 2 flushes or more. The beds in both rooms where comfortable. I also had Wi-Fi issues that required a call from the host to fix. It appears that the router that served my room was off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Houston I-45 North? Share your experiences!