“Quiet with comfortable beds” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 451 hotels in Houston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quiet with comfortable beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights based on the other positive reviews, and I wasn't disappointed. I was given a room on the 6th (highest) floor far away from the elevators, and I couldn't hear any noise in the halls or any noise coming from the other rooms. I did hear a minor amount of airplane noise, but this was completely drowned out when I turned on the air conditioning.

The best part of the hotel was the comfortable bed. I prefer mattresses on the softer/plush side, and this bed was perfect for me. I have been traveling a lot recently, and the bed here was more comfortable than any other bed I have slept in while traveling in recent months (and I am including a bed at a hotel in a different city that cost 5x what this hotel cost).

I found the location of the hotel to be excellent - it was close to the airport as well as to the beltway, which made traveling in the Houston area very convenient.

My only complaint about my stay was that housekeeping knocked on my door on the morning of my checkout despite seeing the do not disturb sign in my keyslot. I was trying to sleep late before I had to leave for the airport, and the knocking woke me up. I am not sure why management doesn't instruct housekeeping to avoid knocking on doors with those signs.

However, overall, I had a great stay, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers in the Houston area (whether needing to be close to the airport or not). I would absolutely stay here again myself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
sarah7038,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable beds and found our location convenient for your travel needs. I value your feedback on improving our guest experience and apologize for the disturbance you encountered the morning of your departure. We greatly appreciate your high recommendations of our hotel to future travels, and we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel for a three night stay based on the high reviews and was somewhat disappointed. Upon arrival, a room request that I provided upon making my reservations weeks earlier, had not even been considered prior to my arrival and was unavailable at check in. I realize it is just a request and sometimes they cannot be honored which I completely understand, but at least read the request prior to the guests arrival and make some effort to honor it for any guest and especially for your elite members.

Not a big deal, so on to the room. The room upon entry was clean and updated but definitely had a stale, kind of musty order. Not horrible. I thought perhaps the room had sat a few days without a/c so I went with it, but it was noticeable every time I returned to the room and it never went away. Those are both minor issues that I wouldn't have even taken the time to review, but to me the level of noise inside the room made for an interruptive stay.

Being next to the airport you expect some airplane noise which you can hear a bit, but it is actually nowhere near the level of noise from inside the hotel. The walls seems very thin as you could hear conversations/televisions in adjacent rooms and hallways and perhaps it was just my room, but every time someone flushed a toilet or used water somewhere it sounded like a waterpark slide inside the walls, it was a little unbeliveable for a major chain property and definitely annoying. I travel quite a bit and expect the normal level of interruptions, but in my opinion the excessive noise was unacceptable to me.

The hotel was clean, updated and and the room did not appear old and worn. It just kind of smelled that way. If you need an overnight next to the airport then this hotel would be fine for that purpose. If you are a business traveler I would suggest making efforts to find a better property. That's what I plan to do.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AZMACK,
Thank you for writing a review. We sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short in meeting your expectations. It’s unfortunate to hear that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel looks new and modern, but the room setup is odd. The bathroom is split into two rooms with a closet in between. One part of the bathroom has a toilet and small sink with no flat surface for toiletries, and the other part of the bathroom (on the other side of the closet) has just a bathtub/shower and sink. This setup just doesn't work. The bathroom fixtures were of poor quality. The toilet was very loud when filling up, and there was a chip on the tub. They should have spent more money on the quality of the fixtures instead of the interior decorating. Both of the bathrooms have sliding doors into the bedroom area, so you don't have total privacy, and if one person gets up during the night the lights and noise could wake the other person. Also, there were a lot of dials and knobs on the shower that I couldn't figure out, and the air conditioning was very loud.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Pauline53449,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the areas that we fell short in meeting your expectations. We value you as our guest and hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Baiting Hollow, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

SpringHill Suites Marriott at Houston Intercontinental Airport is my favorite hotel of all Marriott properties. It's sleek modern and especially clean. The staff is professional and they treat you like family. I especially appreciate Mr. Terry on the night shift for outstanding customer service and providing police security to the property. I have never felt so safe going outside during the night.

I certainly want to thank Paula and Terry for caring for me when I was sick during my last stay. Paula extended herself by offering me her rescue breathing inhaler when I had an asthma attack during my April stay. I can't express how much I appreciate this life saving gesture. I am certainly contacting Marriott about this exceptional staff at this hotel.

Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2013
Antoinette B,
Thank you for your review and complimentary feedback about our great hotel and friendly staff. We have a special team of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be sure to recognize Mr. Terry, Paula and Terry with a special commendation for their excellence in service. Please continue to make us your favorite hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I selected this hotel because of the location near the airport. I was afraid i would hear planes - but the noise was not bad. The room was very clean and every staff member I had contact with was very friendly. My only complaint was the lack of restaurants near by - but that may or may not be an issue for others.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
apple422,
Thank you for writing a review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed a quiet stay with us at SpringHill Suites and found the clean accommodations and friendly staff to meet your expectations. Your feedback is important to us. We value you as our guest and hope you have an opportunity to visit us again. Thank you again for writing.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

had an early morning flight so chose to stay here. about a mile from airport and about half the price of the Marriott on the airport. from the driver of the free shuttle bus to the check in and check out process, best overall service I have had in a hotel in a long time. Room was exceptionally clean and bright. breakfast area was also clean and the food was fresh. comfortable bed, unique and invigorating shower with two jets at the valve area that aim at your lower back. I almost wish I could have stayed another night. I don't know how good the marriot on the airport is, but for the price, I would highly recommend the springhill suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
JerseyJoePa,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at SpringHill Suites Houston Airport. It’s great to hear we exceeded your expectations with our cleanliness, comfortable accommodations and excellent service. We appreciate your high recommendations of our hotel to future travelers, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently spent a night at the SpringHill Suites at the Houston airport for a layover and had a great experience. From the prompt response by the airport shuttle (at 12:30 in the morning no less) to the super friendly attendant at check-in, this hotel surpassed expectations.

At check-in the front desk clerk was very friendly and understanding we were in a bit of a hurry given a late arrival and the need for some sleep. The room was very good size, very clean and very new. The separate bathroom and shower was a nice touch when getting ready in the morning. The included breakfast was adequate for our purposes and typical of a SpringHill or Hyatt Place - for free, zero complaints here.

Again, the departure shuttle was on-time and driver very courteous. I'd highly reccomend booking this hotel if staying near the Houston airport. Folks are great, very clean and the breakfast is nice.

Would definately stay again on future travels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
humphrey31,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at SpringHill Suites Intercontinental. I’m pleased to hear you had a great experience with our friendly staff and found our clean accommodations to your liking. We appreciate your review and high recommendations to future travelers. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Devin Frank, General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!