“Tricky to find, but nice and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #89 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Louisiana
“Tricky to find, but nice and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friends had stayed here previously. I have only stayed at one candlewood before, in Port Arthur a few years ago.
The kitchenette is convenient; coffee in the room is a necessity for me.
The location is a bit hidden, but perhaps quieter for it. Friendly helpful staff made our night enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Plano TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay at this location several times per year for both business and personal. It is a block off Hwy 59 and behind the hospital so I don't hear the road noise. It is always nice, friendly, comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I had the pleasure of spending two nights at the Candlewood Suites Extended Stay hotel in Kingwood, Texas this past weekend. Found the staff friendly the rooms and common areas in very good condition and very clean. Pantry well stocked and prices in the pantry were fair, usually I see jacked up prices. Would of like to seen the pool open, but hey it is February so I do not expect it to be open. Good workout room and free Laundry right next to the work out room. Will book again even if if it is just for two nights.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
C. Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My mom was in the local emergency room and I needed a room at the last minute. I noticed this "unknown" hotel. Was not disappointed. The price was reasonable. The staff was pleasant. But the most important thing was the sleep. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. My daughter & I agreed we could have stayed a couple of nights just for the great sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

hard to request room supplies with housekeepers due to language burier . my stay was during Dec 2011. front desk staff was nice. just had issues with power outages which effect the temperature quickly in the small rooms. happen during 1 week stay off and on at all hrs. sometimes off for hrs other times off for only 10mins-1hr. very confusing during the nights other near by businesses had powers and lights on. became very annoying. also they didn't have working HBO channels. OMG although we arrived before groups. we got stuck on 3rd floor with wedding groups and it was SOOOOO rowdy. people have to rest and get up early for work or have early flights. no considerations when assigning rooms.

Room Tip: stay away from wedding groups or any other group if you plan to get a goodnight sleep.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Plano, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at this motel for a couple of night on a weekend. It was very clean. The staff was very nice. As an extended stay concept the services are limited but that is what they advertise and was fine with us. It has complete kitchen facilities and a cantina where you can purchase basic items for snacks and breakfast.

the only negative was the occupants in the unit above is seemed to have children who ran around early and late. The noise of the "footstep" was disturbing when it was quiet. Probably not a typical occurrence. The general facility was very quiet.

we would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I just want to warn you about the General Manager and the staff at the Hotel. Make sure you ask at the desk if there is any charges that are additionally going on your card. They wait untill your checked out and gone before they add ridiculous charges on your card without any notice and/or explanation. When I called for an explanation they did not call me back as promised. If it was their money they would have called right away. I am just wondering how many victims there are out there. All the reviews I have read come back to one important statement "the inexperience of the staff" and of course their performance is directly related to the upper management especially the General Manager. When I did confront the GM about the ridiculous amount of the charge he was condescending with an attitude that automatically turns me away from ever renting a room in this hotel. They take advatage of customers and you know God has a special place for people who do that. The Hotel is very nice but the management casts a dark shadow on your stay there. The GM stated to me that He doesn't care wether I stay at the Hotel when I told him I have other choices through my Company. That is the worst statement and business sense I have heard from a Manager. I would think twice about booking a room at this hotel. You pay for the $10.00 a night savings. It's not worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kingwood, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Dennis V,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. I would like to address your concerns in further details. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Kingwood? Share your experiences!