“Houston Hobby Airport -” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #160 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Eatontown, New Jersey
“Houston Hobby Airport -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friendly staff, convienient, really comfortable beds, gym has just enough equipment and the restaurant lounge has a fun atmosphere and wide variety to choose from. . The lobby is a spacious gathering area and great place to meet. Coffee in the rooms is a nice treat.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the highway otherwise will hear traffic passing by.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
roger_radtke, General Manager at Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. I will make sure to share your comments with my team at our daily training meetings.

I agree that the rooms overlooking the highway can be a bit louder than others. This summer we will be retro-fitting the windows on the highway side of the building with an extra pane of glass. We have tried it in one of the rooms and not only did it reduce the noise, but made the room more comfortable by reduicing the sun's direct heating.

Thank you for again for your comments and I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
West Milford, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

This Marriott feels like it is trying really hard to be a Marriott but it comes across as somewhat cheap and tacky. Overall it is pretty good. However the prices are bit steep. The location is good if you are flying into and out of the Hobby Airport, but if you are working in Houston it is pretty inconvenient especially with the traffic going north on 45.

The concierge lounge itself is nice enough, however for those who are used to higher end foods being served at night, this is not the place for you.

The workout facilities are average: they have four treadmills and 3 ellipticals. And some light-ish hand weights. I would appreciate heavier dumbbells and or maybe a Nautilus-style machine.

• Stayed January 2013
roger_radtke, General Manager at Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel following your recent visit. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us make the changes needed to please our guests. I am pleased to tell you that although our fitness equipment is less than 5 years old, we are updating all of it this summer. In addition we will be making updates to our guest rooms as well.
I am glad that you enjoyed our Concierge lounge. I will check on it each evening to make sure that our food offerings are not substandard.
I think both of us agree that Houston traffic can be a challenge. On your next visit here, perhaps someone on my staff or me can try to help you find an alternate route to try to bypass I-45 congestion.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to serving you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while on vacation from the UK. Lovely hotel and access to local amenities was great. Travelled all over Texas, also saw the F1 race in Austin. Access to the interstate etc was fab. Had a room facing the freeway but could not hear any noise. Had a top floor room with a view of downtown Houston and a golden morning sunrise! Love it! Love it!! Love it!!! Beds, pillows and room was very comfortable. I will stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind comments regarding my hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Texas and my hotel. I look forward to serving you again when your travel plans return you to Texas.
doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel was booked by my contacts in the US, and I had no idea or option to change the hotel. Since the stay was for two nights only, it was OK.

The hotel gave me a old rundown look, when I got in after a very long (16 hours) flight. The only thing I could do was to order some food in the room and knock of to sleep. The food which I ordered was excellent, and the bed to rest was comfortable.

If they just did up the lobby and the oher general area a bit more and had more light, the place is a very good one.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed for one night here, the staff was amazing, the restaurant great, clean mostly in good condition. The day we checked out {Sunday at 9 am} I left my phone charger plugged in by the alarm clock, now I realize this is my mistake not theirs. I called as soon as we got home, around 10:30 am, I spoke with a lady at the front desk, she said she would have housekeeping look for it and took my number and said she would call back if it wasn't found. I explained that I drive by there on the way home most days and I would stop in unless they told me otherwise {NOTE always get the name}. I got off the freeway during heavy traffic, waited through a stop light, then when I get there the lady on the counter goes in back for about 5 minutes, she comes out and says sorry it wasn't found. I asked how that could be since housekeeping was coming in as we were going out the door, literally, which to me means that they have a thief on staff who took my charger rather than turn it in. I also explained I could have been 20 minutes closer to home had they just called and said it was not found. She could offer no reason why no-one called. Again I realize it's a 10 dollar phone charger, it's the idea that they didn't bother to follow up with me, and they won't admit that there is a problem when I told them within an hour and a half where the left item was and they didn't follow up. We had really enjoyed this hotel right up until then. Too bad that management couldn't take the time to place a 3 minute phone call, I would have still been upset, just wold not have wasted more time in my already 12 hour day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Having read the reviews I expected a very nice hotel with large rooms and comfortable beds. The room was small and basic. The bed was alright, but the pillows were small rocks. The air conditioner was preset at maximum cold and would not adjust to a warmer setting. I froze!!
To add to the insult was a fee of $12.00 to use the WiFi in the room. I felt tickled and dimed.
The water glasses were etched and looked dirty.
The location is good for the nearby airport, but hard to return to from the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I am very picky about my hotel room but was very pleasantly surprised with the Hobby Marriott. My room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable, bathroom was very clean as well. We ate at the breakfast buffet every morning and thought the food was very good! Plenty of good choices and the servers were very kind. Also ordered room service one day and it was excellent, lots of food for the money. Location is good, plenty of conveniences around.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Houston Marriott South at Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!