“Amazing food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 281-257-9500
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peli Peli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, International, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Louetta
Description: Peli Peli, Houston's only South African restaurant, features steak, chicken & seafood cuisine with a "twist" by Chef Paul Friedman - 2013 Wine & Food Week Chef Of Chefs Award Winner & The September 2013 Cadillac Culinary Master. OpenTable Top 100 American Restaurants in the US Award Winner Best Atmosphere & Service - Houston Press Readers' Choice Winner (2009, 2012) 2010 Click2Houston winner - Best Romantic Restaurant
Spring, Texas
“Amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We rarely go out, but if we do, it's to Peli Peli!!! Tried it for the first time a year ago, and have been a regular ever since. We encourage to meet friends here, so we can share the dining experience with all our friends. We even celebrated my birthday here this year. Fabulous entourage and I have to say, the food is the best I have ever had!!

• Visited October 2013

Denver
“Pricey for sure, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My fiance and I went here with my family this past weekend. Originally we wanted to hit the Mexican place across the way, but it was packed, and Peli Peli was half empty. The ambience was luxurious, and very welcoming. The menu was really fun to read, as we're foodies and love trying new things. The prices though...UGH..lol...$40 for one entree is pushing it, but we were stuck there, so still ordered.

My family ordered the sea bass and loved it. I ordered some prawn crab cake appetizers that were good, but weren't stand out. My gf and I shared the South African beef filets with different sauces plate. It was pretty perfect. We loved the different Peli Peli flavored sauces, and the steak was cooked to PERFECTION. I would never order any steak Medium Rare, but that's what they recommended, and it tasted amazing.

I wouldn't go back all the time because of the price, but I'd definitely hit this on a special occasion, and explore other items on the menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“One of my favorite spots”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Chief Paul really knows how to bring great flavor to food. I've tried just about everything on the menu. It is all great!! My favorite thing is the sticky toffee pudding. Don't let the name fool you it is neither sticky or pudding but heavenly.

San Francisco, California
“Lunch even better than dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Tried it for lunch, and it was perfect. Smaller size portions, shorter menu, fast service, great waiters, and live piano music with that! Excellent spot, never disappointing, whatever you guys are doing is working, so keep up the good work!

Visited November 2013
Pearland, Texas
“Amazingly Delighted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I paid a visit to Peli Peli yesterday for the first time. I picked up a customer of mine for a business meeting and he made the suggestion. I've never dined in a South African restaurant before but I was amazingly delighted by my meal, the service and the surroundings. The staff were very nice and helpful, the restroom was very clean and pleasant and the restaurant looks amazing inside. We started off with Biltong, South African Beef Jerky. It was very good, not like "American" beef jerky. It was more tender and had a great flavor. I ordered the Shrimp Scampi with Couscous and French Green Beans. All three were very tasty especially the nice sized shrimp. I highly suggest this restaurant and will eat here again.