“I am PICKY and it was CLEAN!!!” 5 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points Package
Ranked #5 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“I am PICKY and it was CLEAN!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am notoriously picky and germ phobic when it comes to hotels. I travel a lot and cringe at the thought of staying in dirty hotels. The Embassy Suites in Katy was great. The lobby was clean and bright and the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Valet parking was ten bucks a day and very fast. We had two rooms during a basketball tourney and they were on the 7th floor. Although our team and several others were in the hotel we never heard any noise at all. The rooms are well constructed with thick walls. And they were also very very clean. The huge shower stall and no bathtub was perfect for me. The stall was made of faux stone and smelled fresh and clean. No mold or grime!

On our second day I saw some questionable but old stains on our sheets and called downstairs so they could be changed and they were, promptly.

The breakfast was great. Complimentary omelets made to order. Lots of breakfast meats but all pork. The cook made us some turkey bacon which tasted horrible but was a nice gesture. Corn beef hash for non pork eaters would have been great.

We also ate lunch there for nine bucks, a buffet. It was decent due to the made to order hot seafood pasta.

The business center was great. The elevators and hall areas were spacious, modern and quite clean.

All in all, this is a wonderful hotel in a great location and the staff is top notch. I was so relieved to have someplace decent and clean to stay!!!

Room Tip: Room 711 has a great front view of Katy and the highway. No noise from vending or the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times while visiting family in Houston. The services provided from the time we check-in until the time we check-out is "Superior". The breakfast (the cook to order omelettes are the best). The cook who is always there on Saturday when we stay is "great". The rooms are quiet. The Manager's reception is relaxing. The staff is responsive to your request/needs. Yolanda, at the desk is "great" we called to let her know that we would be late and she handled our request with ease. The services rendered each time we stayed here guarantees our return stay.
Kudos to the Staff and Management you are doing an "Awesome" job.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this Embassy Suites twice with my family. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2011 and 2 nights in September 2012. Each time we loved it. The staff provides excellent customer service,room decor is very modern with bold colors, breakfast is awesome (the hard part is deciding what to eat!), the evening reception includes appetizer meats, cheese, fruit, and very nice desserts along with the normal chips, dips and free drinks, and there is ample parking. Everything was very clean. The first time we stayed we had a corner suite. The corner suites are very spacious, larger than I've stayed in at other Emabassy Suites. The last time we had a regular suite which is the size of other Embassy Suites regular rooms. You will love staying here. We will be back!!!!

Room Tip: Get a corner suite is you are like me and love to have more space. They have a wall of windows!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for 4th July holiday and I have to say that this hotel might be named "Embassy Suites" but they don't look like one at all. They definitely looked like a more expensive hotel without the price tag. We booked 2 Queens bed room and it is huge, super clean and it has separate dining area with microwave on the side.
I was comfortable letting my then 18 months old twins roaming around the room because it is THAT clean.

Breakfast was great, the manager even came over to our table to see if we enjoy our breakfast or if we need anything else. The front desk staffs are friendly.
Parking is convenient and it is in the garage. My husband loves the indoor swimming pool. He had fun with the boys swimming on our last day in the hotel.

Though it look like it is located on the side of highway, the room is not noisy at all. Very easy to get around Houston from this hotel. We will stay in this hotel again the next time we are in Houston.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel quite often on our trips to see family in Houston. They never fail to deliver good service. Rooms are quiet (on backside of hotel). Breakfasts are wonderful - don't miss the cooked to order omelette. Rates are similar to other hotels in the area. Being located on I-10 in a good area.

Room Tip: stay on the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for third time this year for a week on business and I will continue to stay there in future visits to Houston. The rooms are perfectly comfortable and the general ambience is relaxing and unhurried. All the amenities are very good, i.e. bar, restaurant, gym, pool, business centre, courtesy transport, etc. However, the most striking thing is the consistent friendliness, cheerfulness and helpful attitude of the staff. They do the hotel great credit. For example:
(1) I realised on the first day that I had forgotten my electrical adapter (British to US). They gave me one.
(2) I had trouble printing out in the business centre. One of the people on reception came instantly to the centre and explained what I had to do.
(3) Hard at work on the stepper in the gym, I was pleasantly surprised as one of the cleaners brought me an ice cold bottle of water.
(4) The restaurant and bar staff are particularly cheerful, attentive and courteous, serving free drinks etc, on the patio during the daily "happy hour". Although at times very busy, they demonstrate an ability to engage all the guests positively, making for a great atmosphere.

I felt that all this was absolutely genuine and, as a customer. I felt valued - so I had a really enjoyable stay - what more can one ask for?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel represents a new concept for embassy. This hotel is superb. It is clean, modern, and very up close and personal. The managers reception and breakfast is even beyond the typical embassy fanfare. It does not look like any embassy you have ever seen.....it is over the top and will far exceed your expectations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Houston - Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!