I made reservations at the Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South hotel for a one night stay between flights from Mexico and Minneapolis on October 31, 2013. I chose the Ramada specifically because their website stated that they had free shuttle service between the hotel and airport. I was willing to tolerate the jet noise of take off and landings of planes overhead for one night. When I arrived at IAH Bush Airport, I called the hotel. They informed me that they were sharing a shuttle with Best Western. I was told to look for a white shuttle with the Best Western signage. I waited for about 15 minutes for this vehicle, I told the driver that I needed a ride to the Ramada. He was rude and walked away. I followed him, totally confused. His rudeness turn to nastiness. I called the Ramada and was told that they had told me the wrong shuttle, gave me a new description, and told me it would be there in 15 minutes. This shuttle did arrive and I got to the hotel in about an hour. When I attempted to make arrangements for a morning shuttle, I was told that my flight was "too early" for the shuttle and I would have to take a cab. I did take a cab costing me $20. In general, the hotel was clean and the staff nice. I would not have stayed in a hotel that close to the airport if they had not offered the "free shuttle". I am disappointed in Ramada's "misleading" website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant lobby ambiance welcomes you to a relaxing stay at the Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South hotel in Houston, Texas. Our property is conveniently surrounded by major businesses and memorable attractions. If business brings you to town, lodging with us makes sense, as we are near Halliburton main campus, Baker Hughes. BJ Services, General Electric and Exxon-Mobile. We have a 900 square foot meeting room, 24 hour Business Center and the only hotel to feature 37 inch LCD TVs with over 150 HD Channels. No matter what brings you to our city, lodging at our completely remodeled facility with Full Service Bar and Deli is the smart choice. We keep you connected with free Wi-Fi and invite you to start your day with a free Continental Breakfast Bar. Later, you can visit the Fitness Center or enjoy our large outdoor pool and jacuzzi. At Ramada IAH South, we surpass expectations. Pets accepted, 100 USD deposit, Pets must be under 30 pounds. Rollaway charge - 10 USD per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Limited Airport South
- Ramada Houston
- Ramada Limited Airport South