“Newly Remodeled” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #239 of 451 hotels in Houston
Los Angeles, California
“Newly Remodeled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I checked out here today. I was very surprised how comfortable the beds were and the rom had a great LG 37 inch TV. I stayed 3 nights and only had one issue on the last night. I spoke to the GM Marcus about it in the morning and he was genuinely sorry and assured me the issue would be resolved. The only reason I didn't take it up with the guy at the front desk (I believe his name was Travis) was he was busy helping an elderly woman with her bags and then helping another woman in a wheelchair). I travel to Houston often and would prefer this hotel and recommend it to anyone I know. The proximity to the airport as well as having a 24 hour food nearby is a plus. I also suggest if you are staying here or in the area you try Gumbo Jeaux's located across the street the service is excellent and the food is well priced and fresh. As far as location and comfort go you can't beat this hotel for the price and the staff is very helpful and friendly

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a recent "quick" trip to Houston! Everything was great! The staff was friendly and the hotel was recently updated! The room was spectacular and the pool was inviting and nice! The lounge was a nice little place to relax, grad a drink and unwind! Over all I will most definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Won this hotel on hotwire and only paid $109 for two nights on the weekend. It comes with hot breakfast that was good just make sure u go to eat earlier than later. Free shuttle service to and from IAH. Drive was late coming to pick us back up tho and drives like a maniac. All in all I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was traveling corporate rate for just one night but the staff made me feel that I was one of the most important customers they'd ever had. Check in was quick and easy, Travis took time to personally show me how to use the equipment in the business center. When I had difficulties with the air conditioner due to "operator error" again the assistant manager was there to fix the problems and show me where I had made my error. Continental breakfast was very good and plentiful; the staff kept everything supplied and meticulously clean all the while making pleasant conversation and a friendly smile for every guest. The room was clean, neat, and had all the amenities required.

check out the next morning was also quick and easy and the hotel experience was boosted even more as Travis went out of his way to arrange a taxicab to the west side of town and back to the airport at a very reasonable price.

This Ramada Inn and its staff deserve the highest rating and recommendations!

Room Tip: Even with the close proximity to the airport my third floor room was quite. Perhaps a second floor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were surprised only that this hotel has apparently been incorporated into the Ramada group. The shuttle driver and other regular guests (airline crew) told us it has undergone a facelift; the evidence of which we could not see. The rooms did not smell fresh, paint and woodwork was battered and dated. The bed was much too soft (for us) and worst of all the noise of the air-conditioning unit (on/off all night without being able to change that setting) meant that we had an uncomfortable night's sleep. Just like the other cheaper hotels around airports, use of the 'free shuttle' means taking your chances that there are not so many people arriving at the same time that the small mini-bus has to put you in to a long queue for collection; being told by the receptionist, ''oh, you are in the next pickup - he's almost with you'' which after an hour and 20 minutes of waiting and 4 calls to the hotel, was patently untrue. We ended up paying a taxi who took us to the wrong Ramada (our fault for not having the EXACT address) and cost $25 USD. We have now learnt; pay more or expect this kind of thing again and again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Twentynine Palms, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

After nearly 24 hours in airports and immobile aircraft it was quite a refreshing moment to walk into this hotel. The airline had offered my group rooms at the HI but the Ramada driver (Brian?) noticed our vouchers and picked us up at the airport. He said the Ramada was closer and would accept the vouchers. We did not argue. The rooms were clean and nicely adorned. My shower was malfunctioning but I got it to work. There is a restuarant onsite and we enjoyed burgers in the upstairs bar area. The shuttle was ready and waiting at 5:30AM for our return to the wonderful world of airlines. Glad we found this oasis on our trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have waited for picking up more than 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Calling for picking up more than 5 times and getting answers always were that driver would come in any minute. We finally paid a shuttle sending us to the hotel. No one appologized for that at Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South (15350 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032).

We will never touch it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Houston Intercontinental Airport South? Share your experiences!