“Perfect stay with Incredible Accommodations and Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4104 Greeley Street, Houston, TX 77006   |
Ranked #4 of 41 Houston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Perfect stay with Incredible Accommodations and Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staying at the Robin's Nest was the best experience I've ever had at a bed and breakfast. The innkeeper greeted us promptly & personally upon arrival (time coordinated beforehand) and helped us out with every request we came to her with. The room was phenomenal-- Beverly's Tree House-- huge, bright, beautifully decorated, comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful each of the 4 mornings we had it, and the environment was friendly and relaxed. I will never stay at any other place in Houston!

Room Tip: Suites are wonderful (with full kitchen) and worth the marginal additional price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Located on a quiet street near the museum district and medical district, a few blocks from restaurants on Montrose Blvd., this is a convenient B&B for those who like the funky and informal and want to be near the museums or medical center. We have stayed several times and have never been disappointed. Rooms are a bit cluttered and old (needs paint and touch-ups), but can be seen as quirky rather than rough.

Room Tip: make sure to get as room with bathroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
South Padre Island, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay so much! Our only regret is that we only had one day to stay at Robin's Nest B & B. We enjoyed chatting with Robin at breakfast! This place is a hidden treasure in Houston with such eclectic charm. Check it out. You will not be disappointed. Stacie and Tom

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I gave Robin's Nest B&B a try after it showed up several times as an option on my corporate travel reservations site. Normally I stay at your typical business travel properties but thought I'd try something different. The B&B itself is in a cool older neighborhood, 15 minutes from downtown, and the property itself is quaintly "weathered" - lots of old wood, garden path, trees. The room I got was pretty nice - Robin's Nest, in fact - a full kitchen, large bedroom with a king bed, small side room with a twin bed and bathroom. Definitely room to spread out. The room was attached to one other, and faced out to a small garden. BUT - here's the thing. I arrived at about 3:45 to check in, and there was no one there. The property has a fence with combo locks so you can't get in unless you have the passcode. I called the number on the B&B sign, got no answer, but the recording said I'd be called back. No callback. After about an hour and a half of sitting in my car across the street, I called again and this time got someone, who gave me the passcode that let me into the property, and then when I got to my room, the key was in the door - so I could have gotten right in had someone contacted me ahead of time to let me know the passcode. So, I get in, and needed to get connected to wifi. The note with my key had instructions for wifi, so no problem, right? Wrong, none of the information was correct, and even though there appeared to be 4 separate wifi access points associated to the property, I couldn't connect to any of them. Well, I have my own hotspot so rather than hassle with trying to reach mystery lady on the phone again, I just used that. B&B, one of those B's stands for Breakfast, so I was looking forward to that. I could see the tables set up on the main patio for breakfast. But no, breakfast is only 8-9:30, and I needed to be downtown for a meeting at 8:30, so needed to leave by around 7:45 to be there I'd miss breakfast. But the note said continental/serve yourself was available starting at 7, so I figured I'd grab coffee and whatever was out, then head to my meeting. But at 7:30, no one was around, the main building was all locked up. So at this point I just grab my stuff and leave - I have no time to deal with this. So - maybe this B&B isn't intended for business travelers, maybe it's more for people who are just sort of hanging around, don't need wifi, can take a late breakfast, sure fine. But for business travelers, probably not a good choice. Sorry Robin, I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RobinsNestTx, Owner at Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. I have forwarded it on to bedandbreakfast.com as well as hotels.com., et al. It is a problem sometimes with guests who book through third parties rather than directly with Robin's Nest. The third party reservation services refuse to give us adequate information on the guests for a pleasant and efficient check in. They collect a commission for this booking so one would think they wanted it to be successful. The whole bed and breakfast industry is working toward a solution.

The Inn phone reflects that the one and only call from this guest came in at 4:27p.m. on the date of check in. Maria answered the phone on the first ring and verbally guided the guest to his suite. The key was not in the door. The key was in the envelope along with other instructions, wifi addresses, etc. No one before or since this guest has had a problem using our wifi in this suite. The wi-fi information is not incorrect. Typical full breakfast during the week is from 8 - 9 a.m. and is clearly posted. If one wants an earlier breakfast, they have only to ask -- but they do need to ask. The patio was set up with empty tables, the dining room table is fully dressed. Clearly the dressed table is where we serve breakfast. Had he wanted to sit outside, he had only to ask - but he did need to ask. Continental/self serve is available and in plain view in the dining room: cereal, orange juice, milk, coffee, etc. Many, many of our guests are repeat guests, and a majority are business travelers. They like the choice of being able to work or be social, along with good food, clean and safe surroundings.

Robin's Nest has been in business since 1991. She started out in the 1890 Victorian Farmhouse, and one room, in "The Big Nest". Over the years she has bought the two houses contiguous to the 1890 Victorian: The Little Nest, a 1920s Craftsman; and The Third Nest, a 1938 Southern Saltbox. We now have a total of 10 rooms and/or suites.
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My partner and I had the most delightful stay at Robin's Nest. Choosing to stay at a B&B as a same-sex couple is often a daunting experience. However, Robin was completely hospitable. Her stories and advice around the breakfast table brought all the patrons together. Each morning was a lovely experience. The food was wonderful and the accommodations were homey, yet private and very clean. The location is right off Montrose which means you are close to museums, attractions, and excellent restaurants. The neighborhood is very friendly for walking as well. I would recommend Robin's Nest to any visitor in Houston.

Thanks again, Robin-

Jackie & Megan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stay at B&B for several reassons, Robin's Nest excelled in all of them. We were in town for wedding, needed a respite from that every day.

Very easy check in / out. Bed was comfortable, room filled with art, history. The hobbit bed was a great addtion, it reminded my partner of one in her grandmother's home in Holland.

Perhaps the highlight was lively breakfast, airline pilot and his international flight attendant wife, young ballet teacher from New York. Our converstions were lively, filled with sharing our lives. Will come again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

B&B was nice, comfortable, & clean. We stayed in Beverly's Tree House which includes a kitchen and a washer & dryer.

Robin, the proprietor, is a real gem and the staff was incredibly attentive.

The breakfasts are good and the staff will accomodate dietary concerns.

It's also a prime location.

The clientele tend to be very friendly, so you'll meet people over breakfast. The only downside to that is that I'm the kind of person that just wants to be quiet and just read the paper at breakfast. So I felt like I had to engage at breakfast and I'd be rude by not doing that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RobinsNestTx, Owner at Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I remember you and enjoyed having you. I look forward to your return. As a "girl-to-girl" aside, I think we women may think we need to be social but actually we can be pleasant whilst not saying a word. Or, a solitary "good morning" will do.. I have guests who just don't want to visit in the morning, and I understand that, because sometimes neither do I, so they eat, read the paper, or not (Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Houston Chronicle) and get on with the day. Also, I have a couple of tables in the corner which keeps you away from the main table. Next time, take that one. That way, you can hear all the fascinating conversations without feeling a need to participate. The conversations are fascinating, aren't they? Thanks again, and come back to see me. Best, Robin @ Robin's Nest P.S. A smile still comes to my face when I remember the guy who came down for breakfast, sleepy hair, in his pajamas. Someone said "good morning", and he said "Good morning, but that's all I have to in the morning." Everyone understood completely and went on with the topic at hand. Best, Robin @ Robin's Nest

Been to Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!