Generally very pleased with my stay. Stayed over a weekend to visit people who live nearby. Would definitely stay there again.
- New and modern hotel with nice, sustainable (green) features (building is LEED certified)
- Area is within walking distance to restaurants and grocery (but no sidewalks)
- Staff is very friendly
- Great workout space
- Good breakfast (but should go later on the weekends); coffee available at all times in the lobby
- WiFi worked great (and is limited to guests, so presumably this is why it is faster than most hotel wifi)
- Rooms are good size and well laid out, bed comfy, nice desk, great bath (and have full kitchen if you need that)
- Cost was competitive with other places in the area
Cons that they could fix (reason I did not give it 5)
- They pump a citrus smell into the lobby that is absolutely overwhelming; almost made some in our group nauseous. Many hotels use a slight fragrance, but this was over the top.
- The staff allowed a group to party very loudly in the lobby and in the outside gathering area until after 3 am, right next to the front desk. Staff needs to require people using the common areas to respect others and keep the noise down; some people need to sleep.
- A portion of the room has nice wood looking vinyl planks that are becoming common in hotels, but housekeeping at this place is cleaning them with something that makes them VERY slick (and shiny), to the point that it is very easy to slip on the way to the restroom if you are in your socks, and sort of dangerous. These types of floors are not supposed to be slick & shiny.
- The empty full size refrigerator in each room running all the time seems wasteful and counter to the sustainability theme. It would be good to have a way to turn them off when not needed, which I suspect is 95% of the time.
- The area could use some sidewalks, but probably nothing this hotel can do to fix that
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.