“Vacation was wonderful at this hip hotel in the middle of all the action.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE

You added Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE to your Saves list
Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Sorella Court, North Building, Houston, TX 77024   |
Ranked #24 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Houston
“Vacation was wonderful at this hip hotel in the middle of all the action.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

What a wonderful discovery this hotel was. We decided to take a short vacation but stay in Houston. The hotel was very hip, room decor was excellent. We were greeted warmly and all the services were excellent. Cool pool that opens outside the coolest bar (music at night) and overlooks a green space with many restaurants, water features and fire pits! We would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Washington County, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Superb customer service, excellent food, well appointed room, great view of CIty Centre, did I say superb customer service? Worth repeating. I will happily stay here monthly on business travel, and hope to enjoy this fantastic property for pleasure travel also.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Humble, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight at Hotel Sorella, reserving the Big Easy Package for our anniversary. It was simply amazing: the decor, service, atmosphere, ambiance, proximity to other spots of interest. The jazz brunch was very charming: both food and entertainment. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a departure from the ordinary. We absolutely loved it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Very clean and well-kept property. Good, quick light breakfast provided. Loved the large fluffy bath towels! Hotel is located in a great area with many nice restaurants and lots of shopping nearby. Free covered parking attached to hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stayed here for our wedding night. There was always someone at the desk, even when we checked in like at 2 in the morning! We got a free upgrade on room and floor location, and a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries.

The elevators and entrance gate from the garage both required room key cards to access and use them, which kept out the unwanted random City Center shoppers and clubbers. There was no problem with noise on either nights we stayed there, though we were high up so that may have had helped.

The room was very clean and had a nice modern feel to it, unlike any other hotel we've stayed at before. It made it seem like we were really far away and in a totally new place. Thick, dark curtains covered the large windows, which overlooked the beautiful courtyard. However, there were sections of light that escaped the sides of the curtain, which happened to fall directly across our faces while we slept - making us rise when the sun did. The rest of the room was super dark - just not where our faces were while in bed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

First, let me qualify my review by saying that I've stayed at the Sorella's sister properties in San Jose, CA and San Antonio, TX and my extreme pleasure with those experiences prompted me to book this property for the first time.

My poor rating of this facility begins with my arrival. Late at night and unfamiliar with the setting, I discover there's no signage on the hotel. Only after I drive to what looks like a valet stand do I see a sign indicating I'm at the hotel. Therefore, I stopped, expecting one of the four valets standing around to notice my car and welcome me to the hotel. But that didn't happen. I had to roll down my window, confirm that I was at the right location and ask that my car be parked. One of the valets responded by asking whether I wanted to pay the nightly fee for parking, which I thought was odd at such a highly-rated hotel.

Upon check-in, I asked the desk agent if they were aware that the property had no signage, at which they responded, "Yes." I went on to convey that the lack of signage made it difficult for out-of-town guests to find the property, which they then responded by saying, "We've heard that before." Their replies didn't sound like a staff who cared about the well-being of their newly arrived guests or the quality of service they would receive once on the property. Unfortunately, this was foretelling respective to the rest of my stay.

The next afternoon, arrived to my room and turned the air conditioner on, only to find that it was producing a strong, electrical burning smell, as well as not cooling the room. I immediately called the front desk, notifying them of the problem and requesting that maintenance come and check it out. 45 minutes later, with the unit still emitting noxious fumes, I elected to confront the agent at the front desk. He was unaware as to the status of my request and surprised that nobody had arrived to check the problem. I threatened to leave the hotel and seek accommodations elsewhere if they didn't immediately relocate me to another room, which they did.

On my final day at the property, I noticed that my washcloths and shampoo had not been restocked during the previous day's cleaning. Thus, a total lack of attention to detail by the cleaning staff.

Finally, A previous contributor had conveyed that the hotel had exalted form over function, and I couldn't agree more. There are absolutely no places to hang a towel or washcloth for showering. The closest place is located across the bathroom, well out of reach when you're in the shower. Therefore, you have to put your towel and washcloth (if you're lucky enough to have one) on the sink and attempt to reach around if you need it. This is just simply a poor design that even low-cost hotels understand and deal with. What's so difficult about putting a hook within reach of someone who's showering and needs to dry off? I just don't understand why this hotel would invest so much in appearance and dismiss the comfort of its guests.

To sum it up, albeit the Hotel Sorella is in a hip, happening location i Houston, I'll take my business back to a hotel that values customers, their comfort and overall experience - The St. Regis.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

Heard about a great band playing at Hotel Sorella and was pleasantly surprised with this fresh new concept! Plus Eric Lindell & band was awesome in the Monalisa Lounge.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE? Share your experiences!