“Return visit, just as good” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #37 of 451 hotels in Houston
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Return visit, just as good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

After 4 months, I returned to Houston on another business trip, and the Hilton Garden Inn is just as good. Quick easy check in, quicker checkout. All staff were friendly and full of smiles. Hotel is clean, room was clean. Breakfast is good, with a good selection of items, including cooked to order eggs. Many folks had heaped plates of food which is a good indicator. This is a typical reliable garden inn. The only item of note is that it is starting to show its age a bit, and the hot water control was basically on-off.

Room Tip: Get a room with an internal A/C.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Ed K,
It is so good to have you back for a return visit. We graciously acknowledge your satisfaction with your experience as a guest and trust you will return to us soon. We will displaying a brand new interior design scheme in the very near future, as our public areas takes on some new features and textures, including a new outdoor casual social space, a new restaurant and new dining options. Come back real soon and best regards,

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel was clean, modern, friendly (reception staff excellent) and ticked most boxes, room size average, bathroom basic but had everything i needed (although bath very slippy and a colleauge of mine who also stayed slipped and fell badly in the shower). I felt that it was a bit too much self service, during the day could not get anything to eat (apart from the horrible microwave food available from the tiny shop (there was a microwave in my room - weird!). No mini bar in my room, so waking up thirsty with nothing to drink not nice (too many margaritas meant early morning trip to the hotel shop in my jammies). Bar was also closed during the day so I could not purchase a bottle of wine to take when visiting friends..... pool area ok.... really just a sectioned off part of the car park, so as long as your not shy in your bikini its fine ;-)

I was there on business and it was very handy for a lot of the large oil and gas companies. I stayed in the Omni on a previous visit and would stay there again over the Hilton Garden Inn next time...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Fi_abz,
We enjoyoed having you as our guest this past summer and want to thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your experience. While we do offer wine, beer and fresh salads and wraps from our pantry for our guests who choose these options, we have several fine restaurants just steps away or a brief shuttle distance from the hotel. Our hope is that your visit to Houston was productive and enjoyable and that you return soon.

Best Regards,
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I always stay at this Hilton Garden Inn when I travel to Houston due to close proximity to my company headquarter and still relatively easy to get to downtown Houston and the Galleria. Nothing fancy about the room but it's functional and always as expected. The bed is comfortable with adjustable dial to suit your preference. They also have better than average breakfast menu but I believe without my company rate (breakfast included), the breakfast would be around $10. (I consider it to be better than IHOP or Denny's)
I do a lot of work on internet. Fast and free internet connection here for me is a big plus. My last speedtest in July 2012 showed 9.40 Mbps up and 6.46 Mbps.

Room Tip: Park in the back, you will be in front of the elevator once you walk into the back entrance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear 0010100,
Thank you for expressing your sentiments about your experience a a guest at the HIlton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor. Your review was detailed and brought relevance to other travellers who might be considering a trip to West Houston. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the bandwidth of the Internet platform, the breakfast offering and the comfort of our Garden Sleep System adjustable bed. We trust you will return as our valuable guest in the the near future.

Best regards,
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights last week, it is much as before.

Check in - good, quick and friendly

Room - nice enough and clean enough, bed very good as always, toiletries again replaced hap-hazardly and noisy window AC

Wifi - worked much better on mid floor, maybe improved overall

Breakfast - greasy cooked sausage and bacon, had an omelette which was old and rubbery and some white bread toast which was dry, missed the next couple of mornings even though free with my room rate as really didn't fancy it

Dinner - ate there one night as couldn't be bothered going elsewhere, cobb salad was excellent, burger was not very good, probably a frozen one with plastic cheese - would eat a salad here again.

Check-out - receptionist didn't make eye contact or acknowledge me so dropped the key and left even though she was just writing something. Again as I passed reception, I sometimes felt like I was breaking into a conversation - this sort of behaviour needs work.

Overall - I like this place and book it whenever I am in Houston but its not as great as many seem to make out - book with caution understanding this is an ok hotel so just don't expect it to be amazing or you may be disappointed. Guess my rating is 3.5 but think it falls short of very good for reasons given.

Management - please try to comment in plain and clear English, I have read many of the responses and often have no idea what you're trying to say - still not sure if your last response to me was some kind of put-down or if you really intended doing something different based on my feedback, thanks for a nice stay again this time.

Rob

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear OmanRob,
Thanks for your recent comments regarding your stay. So glad you returned to give us another opportunity to serve you. Your remarks are shared with all team members and are the basis of coaching and counselling. We value your candid feedback.

I would be delighted to visit with you personally on your next visit to Houston. Feel free to reach out to me on your next stay.

Kind regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you're on a long-term business trip in Houston, make sure you're at this Hilton, because they'll make sure that you're comfortable and well care for. I was there for six weeks from mid-March through early May and the entire staff did their best to provide the comforts of home for me. The general manager Ken, chef Damon, bartender Jason, the front desk guys and gals - all of them were great and went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. I was most impressed the day that I had to go to the urgent care clinic, left my phone there, and a front desk gal hopped into the Hilton van and retrieved it for me; I was so grateful. Any time that there was an issue - and there are always minor issues at any hotel, especially during a stay that lone - they fixed it pronto - and that's really what counts. It's not about perfection, it's about dedication and commitment to guest comfort and wellbeing, and the Hilton Garden Inn on Katy Freeway is the place to stay for that in Houston.

Room Tip: Mine was overlooking the pool but still quiet.....
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Editgirl,
You really encouraged us with you kind remarks about your experience. Hopefully you will return soon and allow us to earn your continued loyalty. Your remarks go along way in confirming to our associates why we focus on superior guest service.
We trust you will return real soon.

Respectfully,
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a night between flights and being Hilton Honors members, decided to give this place a try. The location is nothing special, but the building is well maintained, very quiet, and the staff is friendly. We especially appreciated a very good AC in our room, fresh cookies, a fridge and microwave in our room, outdoor pool, and a very clean room. There are plenty of restaurants and stores in the area and the location is right off the I-10 Freeway. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great choice near Katy Freeway!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bliss62,
Thanks for the note of your positive guest experience. We loved having you as our guest and wilcome your return.

Best Regards,
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel on 8/26. The first room I got the ac fan wouldn't stop running unless you turned the system off. They switched my room but the second room did the very same thing. They were very nice but a constant running ac isn't great for someone with sinus problems. The rooms also felt damp. Check out the Hilton Garden Inn Katy Mills. Newer and nicer.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Freezeone1, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Steven F.,
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning air conditioning and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.
Our promise is to make you completely satisfied with your guest experience.
Kenneth F. Friesen CHA

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!