“A great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Greenway Plaza East, Houston, TX 77046 (Formerly Renaissance Houston Hotel Greenway Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Renovated in July 2014!
Ranked #108 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Savannah GA, United States
“A great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here 2-3 times each years the past several years It is good value for the money spent and convenient to other places in Houston we want to go. Excellent welcoming bar with decent food in the restaurant. Place is under renovation at the present time Think it will be very nice upon completion.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
John,

Thank you for the great review. Things are only getting better here as renovations proceed.
I hope you can come back soon to see the progress.

Rooms Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The staff of the hotel was incredibly kind and accommodating, especially Joslyn from the restaurant. The hotel was being remodeled but it was still very lovely and a comfortable stay. The friendly staff was the icing on the cake. Thank you! :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dominique - thank you for your comments. We are lucky to have Joslyn on our team and I will be sure to share your comments with her.

Hope to see you back soon.

Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The staff was welcoming and very helpful! I was staying with friends for leisure and my friend got sick over the trip. We asked staff if they would be able to make her chicken noodle soup, and they were very accommodating. They brought it right up and were very professional. They have a Starbucks in the hotel which was great, however they didn't have soy milk :( The restaurant in the hotel was very good, I had french fries with truffle oil, it was amazing! The breakfast was also delicious, they have everything you can think of in a breakfast buffet, however it was a little pricey ($19). Overall, my experience was excellent. The property was inviting, staff was nice, and rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I an delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your feedback will be shared with the team.

We hope to see you back soon.

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I stayed one night and had a really good experience. The hotel is doing some remodeling so the lobby is a little tight. But my room on the 18th floor seemed to have been updated. Nice look. I called down for room service and the individual who answered had some trouble understanding my request due to my very stuffy nose. I apologized and explained I had a cold. I barely put the phone down when she was at my door with a tray with hot water, sliced lime and lemon, honey and I was given a choice of teas! One of the nicest things ever! She said she was sorry I was not feeling well and did not want any guest to feel alone. I almost got teary eyed! so thoughtful. They also have a free shuttle that will take you to the buildings in the area. Very helpful as my meeting was nearby in theory but it was not clear how I could cross the street to get there. There is not a lot to walk to in the area but it was perfectly located for my purposes.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. Our staff, especially in room service, will be glad to hear we made a positive impression on you.
We hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Checkin process was a breeze and very friendly. The room itself was spacious, the decor was up-to-date, and the bed was VERY comfortable - upside surprise there.

Fitness Center was also an upside surprise. Nice treadmill area, plus free weights, mats area and some machines. Free water cooler was great b/c it was a little warm in there, and nice perk to have some apples. I didn't check out the pool.

Room service was a hit and a miss. Dinner one night arrived quickly, order was accurate and food was tasty. Then I pre-ordered breakfast the night before, and the operator sounded like this was very normal, but then in the morning I called at the end of the pre-arranged time window and they were just at that moment realizing I had placed the order! It wound up arriving 20 minutes later which was a speedy turnaround, but still very frustrating.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Normally my first night in a hotel is sleepless but not in this hotel. I slept great every night while staying here. With the exception of a loud phone talking neighbor, the room was fairly quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are happy to hear our beds provided the rest you needed.

See you back soon.

Sanford, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had to take a cold shower one morning. The noise from the highway kept my up each night. My last night I arrived in my room at 7:00PM and my room had not been clean from the previous night. There is no hotel shuttle to the Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarkHouston, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
William,

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a 'perfect 10' experience. It appears we have fallen short and for that I am sorry. I assure you our team will use your feedback to improve our operation.
Thank you for sharing.

MarkY-Guest Service Champion

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Houston - Greenway Plaza? Share your experiences!