“Loved the stay, except for the morning breakfast attendant!” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12909 Northwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77040   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #197 of 451 hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Loved the stay, except for the morning breakfast attendant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We had an awesome stay. Nina checked us in and was very nice and friendly. The breakfast attendant for the first morning we were there was helpful and made sure we had everything we needed. Well, we experienced the exact opposite the second morning that we had breakfast. This attendant was extremely rude. She yelled at several of the guest and basically had no desire to do her job. She shut breakfast down about 10 mins early and when one of the guest gave her a confused look she yelled at her that all the food was gone and slammed the door.

I would have reported this to management but that witnessed it all and they even seemed a little frightened by her. Otherwise another great stay at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2012
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn - Brookhollow, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to talk about your experience while staying with us. I'm very pleased to hear about your positive overall experience.

I'm also sorry to hear about your negative experience at breakfast. Kindness and courtesy are things that we expect from every member of our staff and I'm disappointed to hear that those were not extended to you for the entirety of your stay.

Please accept my most sincere apology for the lapse in service.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel appears to have been updated and the rooms were very nice. Very quiet hotel, hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful.

The hostess who watched over us at breakfast was one of the best anywhere! She was extraordinary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brandon B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn - Brookhollow, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Our breakfast attendant Ms. Dee is an absolute treasure! She consistently goes out of her way to be helpful and friendly to all of our guests. I will gladly pass along your kind words to her.
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The room had no refrigerator or microwave. I was sitting at the desk, doing my work and a roach came crawling by; not the cleanest Hampton I've visited. Front desk clerks(night and day) were very rude; however the housekeeper was very nice and helpful. I will never stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet; however it is a smoking floor so if you do not like...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Hampton Inn - Brookhollow, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
As front office manager of the Hampton Inn – Brookhollow, I am concerned when a guest has a stay that is less than 100% satisfactory. Our goal is to provide the best accommodations and service in the lodging industry today, and I regret that this did not occur during your recent visit.

Although I regret the problem that occurred during your stay, I am very glad you shared your concerns with us. By allowing us the opportunity to address this concern, we can prevent a disappointment. In addition, you have allowed us to demonstrate our company-wide commitment to complete guest satisfaction by honoring our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

We made every attempt to determine the date of your stay, but are having some difficulty. We would be happy to refund you the amount of your stay if you would please contact us so that we may be certain to correctly credit your account.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you on future trips.

Most Sincerely,

Brandon Barrett
Front Office Manager
Hampton Inn- Brookhollow
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Brookhollow and had decent stay. The hotel rooms are fairly spacious and clean, although the hotel seems a bit awkwardly located. There are some good restaurants and shops (Best Buy, Target, etc) across the street... however, that means you actually have to cross under the freeway. Which isn't easy. The hotel is located on a one way street and if you pass it, you have to go all the way back around (about half mile to a mile down one direction and another two miles back the other direction) so that is a bit inconvenient.

On my stay I had two problems. I was walking out to go across the way and asked the Front Desk if they had a microwave and refrigerator available. I believe I spoke to the Manager and she said yes, that they would have one delivered while I was out. I like my Privacy and stated I would just wait until I came back so I could be in the room (I also had the Privacy sign on the door). She told me it wouldn't be a problem and that they would just place the items in front of my door and when I returned, to call and someone would come up to set it up. I thought that was perfect, however when I got back an hour later, the staff had gone ahead and gone into my room to set it up. It might not be the biggest deal, but I really wasn't comfortable with that.

The second issue I had was that I was awoken at approximately 5am to a loud beeping. I couldn't figure out what it was until an hour later I realized someone must have left the alarm in the next room on. I called the front desk and they had to come up and shut it off. I'm a light sleeper and didn't get in until about 2am the previous night, so I wasn't able to get much sleep.

Overall though the staff was nice and courteous and the hotel is clean. There are some issues with the Elevators that they may want to look into (it feels as though you're being dropped or that the elevator has mechanical issues between each floor). I would also suggest that the Hampton Inn invest in alarms that automatically shut off after 10 minutes if a Guest doesn't.

Room Tip: This is located on a highway and right next to a freeway. Request a room towards the back if you wan...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

This Hampton Inn is still in the process of being refurbished - the rooms on the 3rd and 2nd floor have been finished, we stayed on the 3rd floor. Room was very quiet, clean, had a comfortable bed, nice flat screen tv with a fair number of channels - water pressure was not that great.
Lots of restaurants in the area and a nice 14 screen Cinemark theater across the street. Was in town for a seminar and would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Although the hotel is not the best Hampton/ Hilton family hotel I have ever stayed at; the customer service provided by Desiree and Talika is the best I have ever experienced in a hotel; and I have stayed in lots. They went above and beyond the call of duty. From the time my husband and I walked in the door to the time we left, they made trusted connections with us and all who they touched. My husband locked the keys in the trunk of our car and the locksmith and Mercedes dealership couldn't get them out. It caused us to miss the football game and we were stuck with no vehicle. They went out their way to accomodate us (they offered to cook us something for dinner-their breakfast; we declined, they extended our check out time, they checked in on us, they asked what they could do, the next morning, they asked us how things were and if we figured out anything; again, what could they do); things they didnt have to do. I cannot express my gatitude for these ladies. Thank you, thank you and thank you!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I've been a Hilton Diamond Member for years now and I normally stay in Hilton Garden Inns. However, things were booked so I stayed at this Hampton for the first time. I must say that the rooms and amenities were standard Hampton Inn fare, but the staff went above and beyond. I left my air card for my computer and they not only called me and informed me, but they also mailed it out to me. I have to say that out of the dozens of Hamptons I've ever stayed at, I've never encountered a staff as professional and helpful. Especially Michelle.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn - Brookhollow? Share your experiences!