You added Residence Inn Houston Medical Center/Reliant Park to your Saves list
Ranked #254 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have a bad back and came into Houston for an appt at Medical Center with spine surgeon, specifically picked out this hotel because of their hot tub, there is one but the water is cold! Note to management - a hot tub is useless unless the water is HOT, not lukewarm. I found this hotel old and overpriced, the air/heating was so noisy I had to turn it off to sleep. Parking was free and close to the room, the bed was comfortable, but otherwise nothing special about the room. There is a kitchen but they don't provide dishwashing detergent, you have to bring your own. There is a breakfast buffet, but it was pretty bad. I don't get the great reviews about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Camden, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay for medical purposes or for any reason. Clean and comfortable. Great location too. Access to many of the city's restaurants and sites. Close to medical facilities and easy to get to. The penthouse units are ideal for families. Our unit was spacious and the kids could spread out.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hawthorne, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 32 nights. I checked out for a week in the middle of my reservation for an emergency and asked if I could check back in the next Sunday. I was told YES, we have you down for 42 nights. I told the manager Barry, that is great. I want to make sure I have a room during the Rodeo week. When I went to check back in they had no reservation and let me stay one night. The morning manager could do nothing and did not call Barry the manager and placed the responsibility on me to call him back. I asked if Barry could call me and they said OK. But I had to ask. Barry returned my call and said that wasn't the conversation we had and he would only take responsibility and that I could not stay in my room because they were booked. I asked them to zip up my luggage because I was at work, and they did, but left it in the lobby unattended with my coat, jacket and sweat pants flung across my luggage. I asked the front desk for a number to call and they gave me the number to the property management company. This hotel never asked if I needed help booking another hotel. It took me several hours to find a hotel. My issue is the manager never took ownership and threw me out with no regard at all. I sent a letter to the Mariott customer service and they forwarded my complaint back to the hotel management and refused to speak with me. I told them I didn't want compensaton and that this is an area where there are very ill people who I am more concerned about.

Now, for convenience and a full kitchen the hotel is fine. Just don't expect to be treated honestly or fairly. Always, always have a confirmation in your hand if you make any changes to your reservation. And remember that when it is busy season the hotel just doesn't care. If you can get a room and keep it, then go for it. This hotel knows that it's a busy area and plays just plain hard ball no matter who you are.

Up until this incident the hotel was nice and I was happy with the kitchen. If you are truly ill and traveling to this medical area and need someone to work with you I recommend The Holiday Inn on Main, The Hampton Inn or the Hilton. The Springhill Suites management is also very cooperative and accommodating. They take very good care of their regulars.

This was so outrageous that I felt it necessary to post this. I tried to work it out with the hotel first, but it just wasn't possible. I have been traveling for 6 years and have complained perhaps twice and both of those times it was in Houston.

Room Tip: The food at night was awfu. The breakfast is good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you want a nice hotel close to the Reliant or Medical Center you can bet your chances are pretty good with this one. The parking lot was well lit, the rooms had full service kitchens with everything you needed to cook and eat, right next door to a Kroger's so picking up a few items were easy. The breakfast buffet was your usual hotel standard but still nice and "free". It had plenty to choose from and offered hot and cold items. The location is perfect and there is a free shuttle to the medical center if you need it. I would recommend this hotel to anybody for a quick visit or a long stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I wasn't a fan of this hotel. We stayed here for the recent Bowl Game at Reliant Stadium and it is a lengthly but doable walk. You can avoid the cost of parking this way. The hotel it self was seperated like small apartment buildings. The "suites" were clean, but old. The kitchen area and bathrooms were clean as well. I guess for the price of $89 per night, I shouldn't complain, but to be honest I was a little underwhelmed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased with the stay. The rooms were nice as well as the service attendants. The only problem i seen was trying to make a turn into the parking lot from main street but we figured out how to get around that problem. Overall the hotel is a very nice place to stay especially for the price and hot breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Washington,DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Hotel is old and dated but there are upsides: big space, full kitchen, and with the bigger apt you get 2 floors and 2 beds, one is a Murphy bed (2 baths also), shuttle to Med Cntr every half hour, really nice lobby/breakfast area. Downsides are poor maintenance (falling off gutter, chipped furniture, smelly A/C), garish fluorescent lighting, very little light in the larger 2 floor apts, musty bathroom smell and old furniture, can be a long walk to the lobby, very expensive for what you get. The main reason I stay here is that I can open the windows (in most big hotels you cannot), and there is a Krogers grocery store right next door, so I can easily get dinner there and its close to the medical center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Houston Medical Center/Reliant Park? Share your experiences!