“Clean rooms and comfortable beds.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #72 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Detroit, Michigan
“Clean rooms and comfortable beds.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This hotel has clean rooms and comfortable beds. The staff is friendly and accomadating. The down side is there isn't much around within walking distance and safety is a concern off the hotel grounds. This is why i wouldn't rate it higher.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

I was apprehensive when I saw my company booked me here. I'm not a big Holiday Inn fan.

I was surprised, great clean, nice remodeled room, bath and body work soaps, nice bed and towels, free wireless.

This hotel is a solid airport hotel. I wish all HI were this nice!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My husband and I spent a night here when we missed our connecting flight. We were very happy with the nice clean and spacious room. Since we didn't have our luggage with us, I was very happy with all the toiletries that were provided. The bath towels were also nice and large. The hairdryer worked great and the room was very quiet.
We had dinner in the restaurant, Good Eats. It was delicious! We sat at the bar and the bartender was very friendly and nice to talk to.
We had an early morning flight so utilized the wake up call service. Their was coffee in the lobby and the shuttle service picked up on the 1/2 hour.
We only had a short stay here but I would stay again if the need ever arose.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stayed here after missing my connection flight. (Everything was paid for courtesy of Continental Airlines.) I wasn't expecting much from an airport hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room and bathroom were very modern. I kind of wanted to take some of the furniture and bathroom fixtures with me! The bed was extremely comfortable, with options for soft or firm pillows. (There's also a pillow menu, if you're still not satisfied.) I took a bath in the evening and a shower in the morning. The water pressure was AMAZING. It felt like a massage.

They will give you free toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors and shaving cream for free. I got a toothbrush 10 minutes after calling the front desk.

I didn't enter the restaurant, but I did order room service. The chicken quesadillas and nachos with cheese were awesome, and room service was fast and friendly.

The airport shuttle picked me up after a 15 minute wait. A gentleman working at the airport informed me that the best thing to do is to call the hotel from a special kiosk they have for that purpose to inform them that you're ready and waiting. It helps to let them know what terminal you're in. In the mornings, a shuttle leaves the hotel every half hour on the half hour.

The hotel room was better than some four and five star rooms I have stayed in.

Overall, everything was clean, comfortable and up to date. It almost made up for missing my flight!

My only complaints would be that the double beds would barely fit two people, so four people in a double room could prove uncomfortable. Also, I would have liked more than 35 channels.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
quanzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2009

Viewing through all the comments on this hotel, I am deeply impressed with its good room, nice food, excellent service and reasonable prices, hopefully I will be there one day for enjoying everything :-)

By the way, we have some very good sanitary ware products made out of different natural stone materials, such as bathroom sinks, toilets, bathtubs etc. Bring any one of them to your good hotel, they will bring the customers a luxury home :-)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!