“Linda is why I come back to this hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #117 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lindale, Texas
“Linda is why I come back to this hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been coming to Houston for work for the past 10 years and I stay at this hotel for one main reason.......Linda the bartender at Good Eats is that reason.

I realize I have several options to stay at other sites, however, Linda always makes me feel like I have someone that I can call a friend. The service that she offers behid the bar is excellent and her attitude is exceptional. I have several individuals that work for me and I always make a reference to some of them at times that they should have the attitude about her work and dealing with customers that Linda has. No matter how busy she always has a smile and a "hello" for who ever comes in the room and she knows all of her customers names and what they drink. The sign of someone who is good at what she does!!!

I would call Linda the "poster child" for service, attitude (as I have never seen her not with a smile) and customer focus. You have a true diamond with this employee!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Kevin E:
Thank you for this glowing review about Linda. We are very fortunate to have her on our team and for having loyal customers like you.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Charlie Madden: General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have eaten in the restaurant many times and find the food very good. The employees are all very nice however Linda the bar tender makes my dinning visits a great experience. She always greets me by name makes me feel welcomed. Linda provides great service with a smile.
I will definitely dine at Good Eats again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mark B:
Thank you for recognizing the efforts of the restaurant staff, especially Linda. We are very fortunate to have her on our team.
We look forward to serving you again soon.
New Iberia, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The restaurant and bar are a great place to wind down after a long day at work. Whether it is Rick or Linda working as manager/or the bar they are a great asset to this hotel. They are always welcoming from the time that you get there to the time you leave. The hotel is also a nice place to relax whether in the room or by the pool. The food in the restaurant is always fresh and good. I would recommend this place to anyone. Linda at the bar is great and knows how to make you feel at home.

Michael D.
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Good Eats and for recognizing the two Linda's and Rick. We appreciate your business and hope to serve you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

One of the best hotel staffs I have ever encountered. Tried to check in early with Shelby, she quickly alerted cleaning staff to my room, in less then an hour Shelby and Angela checked us in to our room. We were here without a car so went to the pool which had some noodles, swim toys and balls. This just added to the fun. Outside area also had beach volleyball court and sand toys for families. Tennis courts too. Had a great time at pool, went in to our spacious room to relax and we couldn't get TV on. Called down and Gary quickly came up and fixed the problem. Nice room, comfortable bed (better then Marriott) and great staff. Only sad point of our stay was the horrible food at Good Eats. Go eat anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Skymom4:
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing Shelby, Angela and Gary. We are happy that the hotel's staff and facilities were able to meet your family's needs. We regret that Good Eats did not meet up to your expectations. The restaurant is usually a bright spot in our guest's stay. We regret that we did not have the opportunity to correct the problem while your were here.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

two members of staff at Good Eats Restaurant have really made me feel at home and made this 11 week business trip a pleasure, Linda in the evening and Geoffrey at Breakfast. Geoffrey is always smiling and laughing ( even managing a smile when USA departed the World Cup!) and he always has a happy word to say to me as I leave for work after breakfast. I am always very tired in the evening and Linda goes out of her way to make me welcome whether she is supervising in the restaurant or working at the bar or the tables. Right from the start she remembered my name and made me feel welcome and special in this restaurant. After 11 weeks you get to know the menu quite well but it is the people like Linda and Geoffrey who I will remember more. I soon leave the Holiday Inn Intercontinental Airport Houston, and return to work in the oil fields of Saudi Arabia,. .

Room Tip: choose on facing the back , but really I have had weeks of un spoilt sleep .
John I:
Thank you for your five star rating and for recognizing the efforts of Linda and Geoffrey in Good Eats! We appreciate that it is difficult to be away from home and to stay in a hotel for 11 weeks at a time. Linda, Geoffrey and the rest of our staff go out of their way to make this you home away from home. Best wishes in your travels to Saudi Arabia.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel is in a great location and the staff was excellent. The goes above and beyond to make you feel at home.The Sevice from our waitress Linda F. was second to none!!! I would recommend it to everyone. It was a good experience

• Stayed July 2014
Charlie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
OKoutlaw:
Thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel and for your recommendation of our service staff and Linda. We look forward to serving you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My business stay here for the last 7 weeks has been very pleasant to say the least. The staff have been extremely accomodating and everyone I have encountered has been very personable and friendly. Linda Farrell in Good Eats (the restaurant/bar connected to the hotel) has always greated me with a smile and has the ability to make you feel welcome and at home, which is very comforting when you are away from home. Thank you Linda for making my stay here all the more enjoyable.

The accommodations and amenities available here were more than I expected and has really made the this trip relaxing after the long days of seminars and work.

Jeremy Guzman

Mr. Guzman:
Thank you for your five star rating and for recognizing Linda. We are very fortunate to have her on our team.
It's never easy being away from home for many weeks at a time and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Charlie Madden: General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!