We stayed here for one night prior to heading to the port of Houston for a cruise. The room was decent and we had a good night's sleep. We had breakfast the next morning at the on-site restaurant, which was pretty good.
The disappointing part for me was the way some items were handled by the front-desk staff. I experienced this before, during, and after my stay. When I called from the airport to catch the shuttle to the hotel, I was asked which terminal I was in. Not being familiar with IAH airport I didn't know which one it was. The lady was fairly short with me and I told her my airline, but that didn't appease her. Since each major airline falls under one terminal, and probably 90% of their business is from IAH, it seems reasonable to me the hotel staff should know this.
Check in went okay, though there was some confusion as we had booked two rooms. I thought the billing had been straightened out, but there was more confusion the next morning checking out, which fortunately got quickly resolved. I had also been expecting a package to be delivered to the hotel and I was told it hadn't arrived when checking out. I then asked when it did arrive to please return it to sender. Well, I found out after getting home the package actually did arrive 30 mins before I checked out. Getting it sent back took two weeks and several phone calls. The staff just seemed disorganized. I can't see that I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience relaxation and renewal at the newly renovated Holiday Inn hotel in Houston, Texas.With a casually sophisticated atmosphere, first-rate facilities and a welcoming staff, Holiday Inn Houston - Intercontinental Airport Hotel offers the very best in Texas accommodations. Leisure and business travelers alike will appreciate our Houston hotel's convenient location off I-45 and Beltway 8 as well as our complimentary shuttle services to the IAH Airport, which make transportation trouble-free during your stay.These modern accommodations provide easy access to many popular attractions, including H&H Ranch, the Astrodome, Sam Houston Race Park and SplashTown Houston. Our hotel is close to great shopping at Deerbrook Mall and the famous Houston Galleria, as well.Lodging at our upscale Houston hotel provides corporate travelers with top business services like a 24-hour business center, free Wi-Fi and flexible meeting space. From a beautiful ballroom to an intimate boardroom, we have the perfect facilities for your next Houston event. Our accommodations are also near major corporations like Halliburton, Continental Airlines, ExxonMobil and Nat'l Oilwell Varco.We go beyond ordinary Houston hotels to offer the best in traditional hotel hospitality and services. Relax in the outdoor pool and enjoy your favorite comfort foods at our ranch-style restaurant. Discover premium comfort and affordable rates at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Houston, Texas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Intercontinental Houston Airport