“Very good deal - nice, unexpected” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #72 of 451 hotels in Houston
Haifa
“Very good deal - nice, unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is located within a few minutes drive from the international airport.
Check-in was fast, efficient and corteous.
They offer a nice breakfast (not included in the rate).
The rooms were well maintained and clean.
For a rate of 84$ + Tax, the deal was excellent

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guests: Thank you for the wonderful comments & rating! We're so glad we met and exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for mentioning our courteous staff. I know they'll really appreciate hearing your compliments. We value you business and hope you'll be able to visit with us again.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Got a great price on this place via the internet, and frankly was not expecting much. Wrongo in a good way! Very efficient and congenial staff, and very nice and well-appointed rooms with free wi-fi. Left my suitcase key on the ring I handed the valet at the parking garage in Seattle, and needed to break into my suitcase. I asked the front desk for some help and shortly a really nice maintenance man showed up with the needed tools to gain access to my belongings. We were overall very pleased and would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again. Nice restaurant too. The Good Eats Grill will get its own review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests, Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive feedback! The staff really appreciates knowing when they get it right for our Guests. I have a lot of hard working people on the team and usually they're all very helpful to our Guests. I'm glad they stepped up for you. We wish you contiuned great travels in the future and hope will be your host again when you visit Houston. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager
BeachLizard_MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A few times in the past I got lucky and scored some really sweet deals from Priceline’s “Name Your Own Price” system. After getting burned a few more times I learned not to take my chances anymore. But every now and then, when I just need a place to check-in, sleep, and check-out, I’ll give it a try. I know better, but . . .

I have to say that I got what I paid for. A low-grade, low-rent, flea bag dump. The Holiday Inn at Houston Intercontinental looks to have been a nice place to stay in the past, but that day has come and gone. The staff that assisted me at check-in late the night of my arrival and then the next morning at check-out were very pleasant and efficient. That’s where the good experience ends.

The entire hotel has the feel of being old, sad, and tired. When I entered my room I found a brownish-tinged, crusty, used washcloth sitting on the bathroom counter. Later, I found an opened but still half full bag of prunes in the dresser. I could never get the free Wi-Fi to connect on my phone or tablet. I accepted the terms and conditions then the connection just died every time I tried. I gave up, figuring that it was probably compromised anyway. The bathroom sink backed up after 15 seconds with the water running a low rate. Fortunately it drained eventually, allowing for a shave and brushing my teeth.

Had I not been foolish and purchased a night’s stay through Priceline I would have demanded my money back and found another hotel. As it was, I acted like a child on Christmas Eve . . . I climbed into bed and dreamed of waking the next morning. My present . . . getting dressed and leaving this hotel, never to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest: We appreciate that you found us and thank you for sharing your comments. We' also appreciate the compliment about our front desk being friendly and efficient. However, we also wish to express our apology for the cleaning cloth being left in the room, and not seeing-removing the fruit left in a drawer. These are legitimate cleaning concerns that should not happen. Please be assurred that we take our mistakes seriously and will work hard to learn from them The issue is being addressed with our housekeeping manager. Unfortuantely not telling us right away is not in your best interest. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there has been a mistake or oversight. With staff 24/7, if you'll give us a chance, we can quickly correct or make amends for our short-comings.
The internet is an important guest service and one we are constantly evaluating. Again, letting us know while you're here is often the best for you by allowing us to help you, and for us to identify and make modifications as needed for others.
We hope you will forgive us on this occassion and give us another chance to be of servcie to you.
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Looking for places to live so this hotel put us in a convenient location. The hotel was very accommodating. The workout room was nicely equipped and everything worked. Along with machines there mats, towels and free weights. The rooms were very clean and the bkfast was awesome! The cook made everything to order and was awesome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guests; Thank you very much for the wonderful comments and rating! We really appreciate hearing when our staff is noted for their friendliness and helpfulness. We agree with you that our breakfast chef is terific! Glad he took great care of you. We have a lot of staff that try hard to get it right for our Guests. I'm glad it showed! Hope you'll be able to visit us again soon. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I book this room during the NBA All-Star Weekend 2013. After a long flight from Florida, I was looking forward to checking in to the Holiday Inn. I always choose to stay at this hotel chain for the following reasons: The prices are great; the rooms are clean and nice; and the customer service is awesome. I pick this Holiday Inn because it was close to the airport. The check in process was great and the clerk was friendly. She also gave me two bags full of snacks/water for my entire party. She always gave me tickets to the breakfast bar. (Due to I’m a priority club member) The room was nice and clean and the bathroom was on the small side. The color scheme was not of my liking compare to the ones in Florida. I did notice we had a patio glass table in the room and that seems to be very odd piece of furniture. The bathroom was on the small side and we never had enough clean towels for everyone. (4 women) So we called the front desk and they never brought any up after telling us they will. So we end up going down stairs to get them. We kept waking up to running water early in the morning for the entire time we was there. Turns out you can hear when the room next door would take a shower. I really enjoyed the breakfast bar, because the food was hot and fresh. My stay at this Holiday Inn was ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guests; we're very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciated hearing that the staff was pleasant and the breakfast was great. Regard the room decor, we appreciate different perspectives and the colors & glass room table are choices our designer made when we renovated. Please allow me to apologize that we had some difficualty keeping up with the towels for you. We'll definately work on improving that.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you'll try us again the future.
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Towcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had booked to stay here as I was on a one night business trip with work at Houston Intercontinental airport. The rate was good, the food in Good Eats was excellent though the service was a bit different from what I would have expected. The initial waiter introduced himself and took my order and then sat down with his manager at the next table and proceeded to receive a 1-2-1 interview on his progress as an employee. As I said...different!
The food arrived and was hot, cooked to perfection and really tasty. Well done. However, before I'd finished, the (new) waitress had brought me a menu to look at deserts. After desert, again, really good, the same waitress asked me if I wanted my bill and again before I'd finished. In fact, I was still eating my last mouthful when the plate was whisked away. The restaurant was not busy.
The room was standard hotel stuff, though the whole place is very 70s. I was on the 5th floor about 10 minutes walk from reception. Not good if you're disabled so please note. However, the noise from traffic was awful from about half past three in the morning. No more sleep then.
Free transport to and from the hotel from the airport is a great addition and the drivers are most helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest; thank you for the very nice comments on restaurant food quality and service in the restaurant. While we meet regularly with each of our staff to improve their performance, our restaurant manager should not have conducted this within your hearing. I apologize and please be assured it will not happen again.
With double glazed insulated glass windows, noise is not a common issue from the rooms. However, if you consider us again, please ask for our pool side rooms. About half the hotel faces this way and should meet your requirements.
Thank you for taking the time to convey your thoughts, they are helpful to our improvement.
Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed as a result of airline issue. Used airline voucher for free stay or would have chosen other hotel in the area. There are many options close by. I would consider something else. Attached restaurant is very average but has a bar. You will need a couple of drinks to sleep here.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest: We're sorry that you were stranded by the airline. It's never a comfortable situation. We recognize that your options may have been limited and that our Brand may not have been your preference. Regardless, we value your business and we always appreciate feedback. Please be assurred that we will continue to work hard for all our Guests and improve wherever we can. We wish you good travels. Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!