“Good location for travellers!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #71 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good location for travellers!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here after a long flight from the UK. Room itself was large, had a flat screen tv etc. The hotel also put on a shuttle from the airport which is painless to use, simply call the hotel on arrival, wait 30 minutes and catch the bus to the hotel. Ideal if looking for a hotel to crash at before or after a flight. The only negative I would say is the hotel itself does feel slightly dated and after dropping the remote control off the bed I found a bottle of 'spicy brown mustard' under the bed, which makes me question how observant the cleaning staff are!

• Stayed January 2012
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Hello Guest,
I am the manager of the hotel and thank you very much for your comments and feedback. I'm glad that you found many parts of the stay good. Please, however, let apologize for our housekeeper missing the bottle under the bed. This is just not acceptable. I will discuss with the entire team and remind them again that a complete cleaning always requires getting down and looking and cleaning under beds. Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Respectfully,
Dennis Miller
281-449-2311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

We arrived in Houston at 9:00 on Christmas Eve. We booked this hotel on Hotwire for a little over $40. The room was pretty big, and the beds were very comfy. Since it was Christmas Eve, it was pretty empty. They don't charge for parking, but they do not have a complimentary breakfast. Their restaurant serves a good breakfast at a reasonable price, though. Staff is friendly. As for those who are worried about the age of the place, I saw none of the age that some other reviewers complained about. This is a pretty good place to stay if you're going to be there for one night because it's about 10 minutes to the airport (they have a shuttle) and it's right next to the Sam Houston highway.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Dear Guests; It was a pleasure to read your nice review. We try very hard to keep the rooms in great condtion. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We always appreciate feedback and encourage our guests to share any special requests or suggestions. Hope you have a great holiday!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Stayed 1 night, got great deal off priceline. Very friendly staff and easy airport access

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback and great rating! I am very glad that the value and location fit so well with your travel plans. I hope we will have the opportunity to be of service to you again on a future visit. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance!
Sincerely, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

rooms: the hotel is really old and in need of a long overdue renovation. carpets are grey and worn, furniture old, stained bath tub, bed springs creak at some spots, original tv i had was a CRT, which they upgraded to a flat panel halfway through my stay, but because of it the pre-programmed channels on the remote got screwed up in the process. there is a big crack in the ceiling and plaster was falling on the floor at some spots. poor water pressure in the toilet and had problem flushing properly. toilet bowl was choked on a couple of the days that i was there although I didn't throw anything that i'm not supposed to in.

service: i was staying at marriott towneplace suites in fort worth before traveling to houston and honestly, i found that the service can hardly compare to that i received at marriott. in fact, i found a few of the staff incompetent and rude. they actually gave me the wrong breakfast coupons and because of that, i had to pay for my breakfast for one whole week when it's supposed to be free.

location: it's good if need to travel to the airport early in the morning or have business in north houston. otherwise, the location is really bad. other than the in-house restaurant, the nearest place for food is a good long walk away. the hotel is right next to the beltway 8 and those who're assigned a room to the front can expect a lot of traffic noise. i heard sirens nearly everyday that i was there. the good thing is, after a while i got used to the aircraft noise and blocked it out.

value: it is inexpensive, but seriously, i'd rather pay a little more and stay some where else in future, like double tree or marriott towneplace suites which are in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Hello divermel, I appreciate your feedback. It does appear that the breakfast, negotiated by your company in order to receive a lower contract rate, was the primary source of frustration with us. The other items you refer, were each quickly addressable. The flat screen TV upgrade for example has been well received by our Guests, (a few more to finish) and the remote control adjustment is a needed step with each change-out. I respect that you have favorite places, but given the opportunity I believe we are usually ready and responsive to our Guest’s needs. I hope you will allow us to again serve you and improve your prespective. Respectfully, Dennis Miller, General Manager.
Laredo, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

the hotel is near the airport and it does have a good shuttle service. But my advice is only stay there for one night. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are relatively clean. The hotel itself is old, and even though they have tried to update it you can tell its old. There is over 300 rooms in the hotels so you get this dormlike room feeling. Oh I forgot to mention that I had a 1990's tube tv and mi view was a wall.

Room Tip: stay in floor 4 or 5 , those rooms have a flat screen tv.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Guests: I'm pleased that you liked our location, the shuttle servcie and found the room clean. Regards the TV's we're replacing them with the new Flat screen HD-LCD. We have finished 300 rooms and will shortly complete the rest. PS; ask for a poolside room next time, they're popular and nearly half the hotel face this way. Thank you! Dennis Miller, GM
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Only found one thing to complain about so far (well, maybe 1.5)... overall, this is a great stay!

It's very closer to IAH, but it's really quiet! Parking is fairly easy, although a bit cumbersome to get in and out of the parking lot. (I haven't used the shuttle, so I can't speak to it). There is a restaurant on site that seems to be drawing lots of folks, but there's parking for guests on the other side, so it works out.

The driving situation gets weird because the property is on the southeast corner of a major intersection, and the entrances/exits are on the side of the building, not the front. There is one front entrance, but it's closed most of the time, so you'll end up driving around a lot.

The room: Comfy and modern. Flat screen with tons of channels. Fast, FREE wifi! (Although getting on is slow as hell; I've gotten authenticated for a passport faster that that process.) My standard room has a comfy king bed, two chairs, a glass side table a glass-topped work desk and work chair.

My major complaint is the water pressure: The sink has more pressure than the shower! Also the toilets require two or three flushes... I suspect some low-flow business going on. Otherwise, it's a very cool bathroom with the coconut/lime products.

Overall, I'd stay here again... I just have to bring my own breakfast, as there's no free one here and I'm too lazy to go out for mine in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HOUAP6804, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Dear texasbria, it was very good to here that your recent stay was quiet, & comfy. The flat screen TVs are still arriving. We should have all in place by year-end, and as you saw they are very nice. The restaurant is very popular as you noted, we believe that's a good sign of our good home-style food and value, and friendly staff. You mention breakfast as an option and we do offer that with some packages. Some people prefer without as their travel plans would not allow the time, or is a part of meeting events. Please check with us next time so we can consider adding this for you as it is value-priced.
Hope you can visit again soon! Dennis Miller, General Manager
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I stayed in this hotel after winning a bid on Priceline. The price was very fair, the room was clean, the staff was pleasant, very spacious, and it had a very comfortable bed. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you for taking time to write your very nice comments. It easy to forget how hard travel can be with early airline departures, airport security and all, We try to insure that when you arrive here it that we help make it better. And we are always glad to hear when we get it right: clean, pleasant, & comfortable. Hearing also that you will come back when in the area is always among the nicest compliments. Don't hesitate to let us know if we can assist in your travels.
Thank you, Dennis Miller, General Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!