You added Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln- to your Saves list
Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1303 La Concha, Houston, TX 77054 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Houston
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Good Basic Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were looking for a cheap hotel that was livable and this hotel definitely fit the bill. Our room was clean, the beds comfortable, the kitchen nice and clean. The people working there were also very nice and accommodating. The only thing that made me put it at 3 instead of 4 stars was smell in the hall ways. I guess they mix up the smoking and non-smoking rooms. As a result, we passed several smoking rooms on our way to our non-smoking room...and ughhh a bit scary/nasty stale smoke smell. SURPRISINGLY though, our room had no trace of these nasty smells and our stay once in the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. I’m so pleased that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff during your stay. Still, I apologize for the cigarette smell you encountered in the hallway. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Angelo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Family had made a reservation with their main booking phone number as hotel could not be contacted directly. Upon arrival was told that I had no reservation and the hotel was completely booked. Called reservation # back and they said this was a lie as I had a reservation and the hotel had over 30 empty rooms. It took over an hour to finally get everything worked out and checked into a room different than the one requested. Was again told they were booked up and this was the only room available. Front desk staff was extremely knowledgeable! Hotel was very dirty. Carpets are old and in need of major cleaning/replacement. Room had a broken bed frame, bathroom had not been cleaned as there were hairs all over the sink and in the tub, and ac unit barely cooled the room. Luckily we were able to open the window to help cool the room.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and stay across the street at a much nicer hotel with better amenities that is...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were not given the room type you reserved and found your room to be unclean. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am retraining the staff on our reservation process and housekeeping procedures. Still, I am glad that you found our staff to be knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The condition of the room I stayed in was atrocious. The room I walked into had carpets that had not been cleaned in what seemed like months. Where the carpet should have been green, it looked dark brown and greasy almost. There were large piles of dust gathered at various (OBVIOUS) parts of the room. There were hairs of some sort in my bathroom. There was no reason why a couch that was in such poor condition should have been placed in that room -- it had LARGE white stains that looked as if it was moldy. Finally the bed was stained at parts, which was the most appalling part. Had I not mistakenly paid in full upon my check-in, I would have promptly checked out. While ES America maintains a "do not clean unless a guest's stay is 8+ days", which is unrealistic even for an ES, it seemed as though the room had not been maintained in various weeks. The cherry on top of the crap-sandwich that was this stay was being woken up at 6AM on my last day by the banging of people (guests? housekeeping staff? ghosts? haha) on either my walls or the floor above me.

The ONLY redeeming quality was Carleton at the front desk who was more than accommodating/ hospitable/ friendly/ hilarious. 4 STARS TO CARLETON!!!!

My recommendation is that you stay at the Holiday Inn that is directly across the street or at the Courtyard Marriott that is two blocks away.

Room Tip: Rooms at the Holiday Inn across the street or at the Courtyard Marriott a few blocks away are MUCH b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Patty - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad that our staff provided you with great service; however, I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and the noise that disturbed you early in the morning. Please know, as this hotel's manager, I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and provide your room with a deep clean. As well, I am reviewing our noise procedures with the team so that these types of situations are handled better moving forward.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Carleton and the other members of the staff were great. I really can't complain. I always visit this hotel whenever I'm in town to for medical appointments and though it isn't your proverbial five-star hotel, it suits just fine for all intents and purposes.
Regardless of whomever is behind the desk, my check-in is always smooth. The shuttle is always on-time (even when waiting for latecomers), I always get a great night's rest and the location is great. I can't complain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a stellar review. It's great to hear that your check in was easy and the staff made you feel welcome. We hope you are doing better and continue to stay with us when in town for medical appointments!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Great service. Was greeted and welcomed by Carleton, good employee! Location is literally right by Reliant, very convenient. I'm not sure why this review has to be at least 200 characters. Seriously why isn't this working and letting me submit, surely I have passed the character requirement by now.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. It's great to hear that you were provided with great service by Carleton. I am also pleased to hear that you found our location convenient for your stay.

Houston, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is such a a filthy dump my husband is looking for another hotel for tomorrow night. The floors, walls, and furniture are disgustingly dirt with many layers of dirt and grime. They've clearly not been cleaned for many, many years. The blankets don't fit the bed, which has multiple broken springs. The kitchen and bathroom floors are made of a tacky wood laminate, which is ironically sticky (i.e. tacky). The lighting in the corridors is something I'd expect from a movie about the final march to death row. Parking doesn't feel safe and there's no access gate. Decent internet access is an extra charge, as is maid service. For a comparable price I could stay at a much nicer hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room was not clean. To prevent this from happening again, my team is refocusing on our housekeeping techniques, working to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at hmc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I love this hotel. The staff is friendly. They will go above and beyond to accommodate the guests. The rooms are clean, and the beds are nice. I enjoy having a small kitchen with a full size stove, and refrigerator to prepare a meal, overall a very comfortable setting. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Shandora - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our grab-and-go breakfast and the cleanliness of the room; however, we apologize that you had issues with other guests of our hotel smoking outside your room. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are doing random property walks to enforce our smoking areas around the hotel.
Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I invite you to contact me, at tuk@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-

Address: 1303 La Concha, Houston, TX 77054 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Houston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln- 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park Hotel Houston
Extended Stay Houston
Houston Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.