Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln- to your Saves list
Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1303 La Concha, Houston, TX 77054 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #10 of 28 Specialty lodging in Houston
“I'd keep looking...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I arrived in Houston with two chihuahuas in tow. A friend called ahead and suggested the reasonably priced Ex Stay..appr $87/nite. She had also suggested candlewood suite near her house, but the price difference sinched it for me (158/nt vs 87) "Thank you for calling extended stay..blah blah''-first words out of my mouth, "you're pet friendly correct?", "yes we are". I told her I had to chihuahuas, staying appr 1 wk, maybe longer, gave cc to hold room and was enroute. Very nice young lady at desk was same I spoke to on phone, checked me in, with taxes rate kicked up to about $105/nt, sign here. I prepaid for a week, mind you. Flash fwd to Tuesday. I was annoyed that my room key didn't work, even more annoyed that the 2nd didn't work either and went to the front desk. Annoyance elevated when desk person told me they shut my keys off bc they wanted to talk to me...excuse me?? Ever hear of a professional method, like flash the button on my room phone, call the cell phone number used when registered here-immediately unimpressed with the trash approach. She procedes to tell me that they 'believe i have a dog, possibly two dogs in my room...''...I nod, ''yes?" thinking she's going to say they were barking too much or something...no, she tells me i did not pay the pet deposit fee. I had no idea what she was talking about, and told her I paid whatever was charged to me. She continued with the pet fee is $50/nite for two dogs, and I was locked out for not paying it. Now I'm ticked. Again I say "I paid whatever your desk person charged me, I did not get an itemized bill, I prepaid 7 nights, it was appr $750." I'm then informed that she would have charged me had she known about the dogs...WOAH-WAIT-WHAT? Did you just imply that I snuck the dogs in?? WELL had she been aware of the factuality that you had dogs she would have then made you aware of the policy and charged you- "OK STOP. Beyond ticked. So your desk clerk screws up, you lock guests out of their room and then insult them...great customer service. She says to hold on while she called her district manager. Mind you-I PREPAID for a week-so unless their pet fee exceedes $400 for the 4 nights we had been there (rem bal) they're still ahead and I explained this to her and her district manager...so she then asks the DM, ''so is it ok then that i let her back in her room?" I leaned-just a little-across the counter and made sure DM could hear me say, ''you damn straight better, right now-or we're all going to be talking with Houston PD for quite a while'' ok den-she turned the keys back on and i told her i'd be calling corporate. Corporate apparently does not exist with this company...voicemail that goes unresponded to is apparently the max. So, the next day I called the desk, getting into our apt was possibly going to take until monday, instead of fri--did they have availability til then, and w/out changing rooms? Yes they did ((NO BIG SURPRISE)). Did they need me to stop by the desk and sign anything? No, they have cc on file. How about on the pet policy jazz, did they need me to stop by for that garbage? No, they will just charge me an additional $50/nite-$300 max/stay. Fine. Imagine my delight in getting back to the room a few hrs later and finding my keys shut off-again. To the desk-oh that darned pet policy thing again...explained I spoke w/desk person, extended stay to monday, clarified pet policy, ASKED if i needed to stop by desk, was told no. Well apparently that desk person doesn't know jack, and i indeed needed to, and sign pet policy. I told them do not lock me out of my room again, really, i've been beyond cordial, and promise i will not be next time. I was traveling with a 12-yr old daughter and elderly grandmother in addition to the 2 chihuahuas-pleasantry has run dry. Now comes thursday and i see i missed a call while fielding many others on my cellphone, and catch the voicemail. wow, it's ms williams, the inept manager of the ex-stay wondering what we going to do about the pet deposit situation. Am I kidding? NOOOOPE. I called her back-you KNOW she wasn't in her office, probably rarely is. I pulled into the parking lot--it is JAM PACKED! Barely 12 cars there all week, suddenly jammed, and two guys in crossing guard vests by the main entrance stop me as i pull in! I roll the window down,''what the heck is going on?" They wonder: "am i a guest here?" "YES I AM-are alllllll these people suddenly guests here?!" "No they're not, but there are a few spots availble down on the end..'' Apparently there was a game at reliant and they're SELLING PARKING SPACES right out from under their guests. I'm pretty sure the hotel gets no part of it. I cannot wait to get out of this place.((the holiday inn across the st was selling spaces too!)) I can see that people going to the game might take advantage of the hotel parking lots..but it didn't seem to be a problem with the strip mall across the street. My key worked-they were quite lucky of that-i put the kid,grandma and dogs in the room and went to the front desk to discuss ms williams. the same sweet person who checked me in was there and got filled in with the lockouts, insults and bs, including 3 days after the fact, ms williams who, like the rest of the staff, has a communication problem'' Jaquice was stunned, and pointed out that she was new, she apparently made an error ((holy crap, someone not passing the buck!)) and showed me that she had noted-that night-on the account that there were TWO CHIHUAHUAS in the room. So she forgot to mention the pet fee-which i explained to her for that, i would have stayed at candlewood for $158-but not wanting to repack, move, unpack..we stayed, reluctantly, but to be harrassed every freaking day was out of line. she appologized, hoped this situation didn't reflect bad on the hotel-i told her SHE was the only thing that reflected WELL on the hotel and they were lucky to have her, error made or not. everyone else is low-class, inept, and totally unprofessional. so you're not staying with a pet? SO WHAT, i'd still steer clear! the place is nice, room was clean (fridge leaked water at random times every day) ..could also be random, but kind of freaky-odd people were staying there-and it's not bc they're the cheapest place in town-heck crowne plaza down the street was only $100/night (not pet friendly) anyway, unless you have to be right next to reliant stadium, keep going-and if you do need that local-go holiday inn or crowne--i would avoid this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else! la quinta a few blocks away-far better deal
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was happy to read that Jaquice was able to accommodate you; however, I was so disappointed to read the rest of your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Please know that our company has hundreds of hotels across the U.S., each one of them has their own pet policy. Our hotel has chosen to allow pets for a minimal fee, making us more friendly to those traveling with their furry friends. I am very sorry if we did not relay the payments and waiver to you appropriately in regards to this. As a team we are reviewing the standards for professionalism and courtesy as well as our overall policies and procedures.

As well, when there is a game at the stadium, much like other hotels in the area, we allow cars to park in our lots. The person in charge of parking cars knows there is a limited number of spots which can be utilized, leaving enough open area for hotel guests to use. It is rare that these spots are in the back of the lot; however, I apologize if that was the case for you.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I was pleasenty surprised when I booked online. It was clean and affordable, my wife was here for treatment and all the staff were as friendly as they come. The manager went above and beyond to make sure my wife and I were comfortable. I haven't had that Kind of treatment from an extended stay before. Just like to say thank you to all the staff and a speacial thanks to Amanda for all your kindness. Till our next trip see ya soon.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - La Concha Ln.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I come to the med center every month & stay here almost every time. It is such a GREAT hotel at an affordable price. They have a swimming pool, fitness center, spacious rooms that are very clean & comfy, a full kitchen in every room & a dvd player. The manager, Amanda, is especially accommodating and friendly. She truly goes above & beyond to make sure I am happy. Thank you Amanda for everything! The rest of the staff is nice as well. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel at a good price! It is also in a prime location close to everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - La Concha Ln.. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I got a queen bed {they also offer 2 doubles I believe} , the room was a little small - but overall it was good, they could update the t.v.'s but they do have cable. The alarm on the clock/radio didn't work, so if you need to be up by a certain time make sure you bring your own alarm. The bathroom is nice size and the full kitchen will come in handy if you need to save money and cook for yourself instead of eating out. There are several resturants in the area {on 610 loop}. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen is very good but a little pricey. There were several patients seeking treatment in the Medical center and they all seemed satisfied with the accommodations. They only clean the room once a week {I heard, I was only there 4 days} so if you need towels or to change your sheets you'll need to go to the front desk.The Metorail runs in front of the hotel and it is just a short walk to be able to get on and ride to the MedCenter. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review of Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med. Ctr. - Reliant Pk. - La Concha Ln.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

NE Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in February while visiting friends who were staying there for treatment at MD Anderson. Our room was clean, adequately furnished, and the bed was comfortable. Every morning there was coffee, muffins, and bagels in the lobby. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The location was very handy and you sure couldn't beat the price. I would recommend it and would stay at Extended Stay Deluxe again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, responded to this review, March 7, 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Houston Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Don't stay here, no one has any common scene that works here, You make a complaint and they snob you for even opening your mouth about the matter, Never having towels, you have to go up to the front desk at least four times a day JUST to get your full set of towels, and they are mad cuz YOU keep coming up, as if its an inconvenience on their there part, (not as if they are the ones to bring the towels to you,) The pool is NEVER useable in the last few weeks we have been here, always GREEN, and cloudy, extremely disgusting. Then the staff! ughh.... its sad when only the maintenance man and the house keepers are the nice ones here, and the people you deal with on a daily basis's are Rude. The lady on the day shift, is horrid, if you even ask for a towel or TP, its an HUGE incontinent on her, and then when youi complain about her adittude and want to speak with a manager, NO ONE ever responds to your compliant. So come to find out, the main manager NO longer works here, and no one even was nice enough to inform me that I was making complains for nothing, so I went up to the desk today to talk to the head lady at the desk, and she was rude , AGAIN. so I called her out on it, and she started getting snobbier. A man that was up front turns his head, and says... " well Manuel has been gone for a month now," (manager of the hotel) and I asked why it was that its been two weeks that I made a complaint and NO one has gotten back to me, and he was just as rude as the lady on the day shift. Kept speaking over me, and would get even more snobbier as my complains where being unleashed at him. as this is all going on, his tone of voice is NOT professional. and I don't understand why he was angry at me, their company never got back to me.... and hes mad at me about it. and I know, yet again Nothing will ever be done, about loud people,doors slamming all night long, no towels, pool out of service 4 days out of the week till the pool man gets there to clean it. and of course the wonderful staff. so, save your money, and go stay some where else, that is more professional and worth your money.

Room Tip: Just dont say here, not worth the headache or the sleepless nights.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Although my reservation was made 3 months in advance on an AmEx card that had not been cancelled or expired in 33 years, they cancelled my reservation during a huge show (OTC) and lied, first saying my room was not guaranteed, then changing it to my "card was expired." (neither situation is possible if making online reservations!) They offered a lower quality replacement room at Homewood, a sister property almost a mile away, but had no means of getting me there (I had dismissed my cab) -- their shuttle driver retired for the evening (8pm) and was not answering the phone.

Days later they conceded that they had overbooked, but did not alert me of the cancellation although they had means and at least 5 hours to do so. (I could have at least taken my cab there!) As I protested my poor treatment and their lack of courtesy, the desk clerk threatened to deny me access to a replacement room. When I finally got the attention of a hotel manager and the hotel group's area manager, both said, "this happens often in our industry," (first time for me in 35 years!) and stated that an apology and replacement bed is all they needed to offer.

I suspect the management uses this strategy to ensure bookings at their less desirable properties during big events. If you plan to stay near the Astrodome, (or anywhere in Houston) be warned about staying at any Extended Stay / Homestead properties owned by this group.

Room Tip: Stay away from Extended stay / Homestead
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-

Address: 1303 La Concha, Houston, TX 77054 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park)
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 28 Specialty lodging in Houston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln- 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln- reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Houston - Med Ctr-Reliant Park Hotel Houston
Extended Stay Houston
Houston Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America-Houston-Med. Ctr-Reliant Park-La Concha Ln-, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.