“Worked for us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8686 Kirby Drive, 2350 South Loop West at Kirby, Houston, TX 77054   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #289 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Weatherford, Texas
“Worked for us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I had a large group that I brought to Houston to do college tours and this hotel was good for us. The only complaint I had was that they couldn't put my female students all on one floor. But they made it all good by providing me an extra room for my sponsor. While it took a little while to get checked in, everything else was great. I would stay there again if in the area.

Stayed July 2014
Jerry M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your experience while staying with us. We do hope on your next visit to Houston you will stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bintan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I missed staying here due to storms in Dallas but got chaged for the night (no problem) on May 12 2014 however, I have been sending emails and made phone calls asking for a copy of my statement for my business expense claim. It is now July 7, almost 2 months later and I still have received a reply to any email and the poeple I have spoke to on the phone have stated "yes we will send" and I am still waiting - USELESS!!!!!!.

I wouldn's stay at a Crown Plaza hotel ever again anywhere in the world.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jerry M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
I'm very sorry for this mistake and thank you for taking time to post your comments..
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ALWAYS check reviews before staying in a hotel...well almost always and this was one of those times. We were going to the Grand Prix of Houston for the race of Saturday and the people that had the suite asked us to come back on Sunday because the weather was going to be a factor is Saturdays race. I knew there was a Crowne Plaza right in front of the NRG complex
We called made a reservation and hoped for the best. I can honestly say this is by far the worse IHG hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying at. The check in staff is just plan rude...no other words for it except ones that would get deleted from the TripAdvisor proof readers.
We "assumed" we were going to be in the tower part of the hotel, in fact that's all I thought they had, but no. We were in one of many "back" buildings. I cant even describe how disgusting and seemingly unsafe these are! I felt like we were at a Palace Inn of worse.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We're very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit.
Huntsville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I expected more from this property. Too many visitors and only 2 bell men with no available carts. Most had to carry their own luggage. Request refrigerator and microwave. Personnel at desk during check in said they would keep me abreast of availability. However during the 4 day stay I was never contacted.
The furnishings are old and you can see the wear throughout the property. I needed change for a $20 to tip the housekeeping staff and the front desk didn't have change and sent me to the bar. The bar personnel wanted to know why I was asking them. I told them that the desk sent me there and they begrudgingly made change for me. Customer service and property expectations were not met.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We're very sorry that our team did not meet your expectations and for the short comings you experienced during your stay.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is an older hotel....nicely renovated so I can deal with that. The biggest problem that I have is the cocky assistant front desk manager david. I have never dealt with someone so condescending and rude. When I asked to speak with the gm, I was told he doesn't have one and that I have to deal with him. Rude, rude, rude.....I'll contact ihg for this!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We're very sorry for the short comings during your stay and that we did not meet your expectations. We're very sorry for the actions of our staff.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I called the front desk. I ask for towels, blankets, sheets, and a microwave. Which these things should have been in the room already but was not. When asked I was told housekeeping would bring these items right away never did. When addressing the issue this morning upon leaving I was given this card to link tripadvisor.com what? exactly what does this mean I don't know! Still the problem is unresolved I paid too much money for a little to no service VERY DISSATISIFIED!
Rude workers!

Room Tip: Do your homework on this hotel before you stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jerry M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Please except our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel staff did not live up to your expectations. Your feed back will help us improve the quality of services we offer.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

As a Platinum Elite member of IHG, I have stayed in enough of their properties to realize this one is by far the worst hotel in their group. I was scheduled to stay in Houston one night last week but because of conferences being held, most hotel rooms were booked. I chose this hotel based on my prior experience with IHG properties but my stay there was anything but what I expected. This is a large property with 600+ rooms and when I checked in, I was sent to the building (#6) at the furthest end of the parking lot, rather than being given a room in the tower, the one decent part of this hotel. My room was in a building that looked to be from a bad 1970's movie. There were 3 holes in my bathroom wall that looked like patched-up bullet holes but had not been painted to match the wall. The bathtub had corrosion and damage to the area around the drain. The room was dark and dingy and was missing the refrigerator and microwave, which I've never had to ask for before. When I did call to ask to have them to be delivered, I expressed my displeasure with the property and room and they offered to move me. I declined as I was planning on leaving the next morning. My plans changed and I had to stay an additional 2 nights here. The next night, everyone at the conference had left and the entire parking lot looked like a ghost town. I went to the front desk to ask about my key and there was no one there. Only a phone on the counter to dial the front desk at the tower. The entire lobby looked abandoned with the restaurant closed and not another soul in the area. I was actually afraid to stay in that room another night. I asked the manager on duty to meet me in my room to see the disrepair and let me know if he thought that was acceptable. He was very apologetic and moved me to a suite in the tower and had a plate of fresh fruit delivered. The room was very nice, clean, well-lit and modern-looking. So, if you have to stay in this hotel, only allow them to give you a room in the tower. Additionally, they have a number of entrances/exits to the property but all stay chained up most of the time, forcing you to enter/exit at the highway on ramp. So no matter where you are going, you have to start off there.

Room Tip: Only accept a room in the tower. The rest of the property is not up to IGH standards.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jerry M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments and we're very sorry that our hotel and staff did not meet your expectations .

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Houston- Medical Center? Share your experiences!