“Pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 451 hotels in Houston
Sulphur, Louisiana
“Pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Wow, what a surprise! I was not expecting such a nice hotel on a University campus. Thanks to HHonors, we were upgraded to a Jr. Suite for a minimal fee, which was very comfortable and spacious. The bed was amazingly comfortable, which is always a plus.

The only complaints are that we requested breakfast by hanging the tag on the door, and it was never retrieved, and several of the staff speak very broken English and had a hard time understanding our requests.

Overall, however, very good hotel.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors to qualify for upgrades at a fraction of the cost.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I will admit that I stumbled upon this hotel and sure glad that I did! Hilton created a partnership with the College of Hospitality at the University of Houston and as a result the hotel is both a teaching ground as well as a platform of perfection. The rooms are some of the best appointed that I have come in contact with. The rooms are immaculate. The staff is incredibly attentive and the area is wonderfully quiet. Located just a few exits from downtown the hotel is amazingly easy to access on and off hwy 45. There is not a question that I will be staying at this hotel every visit to Houston I have!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed twice in this hotel while on a business trip in Houston. I wasn't expecting much from a university hotel and was worried about noise... I was surprised. Located on the campus, it is a very nice hotel, with specious modern room, and young, friendly staff.
Room was very nice, light, with good bed and no noise. Internet worked flawless. I ordered room service and really enjoyed it. Breakfast in the morning was promptly served and good.
Questions, requests, everything was answered and addressed right away.
I have yet another trip to Hourston next month. I know which hotel to book now.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Campus hotels are a little unpredictable, but this one is a star. The rooms look to have been recently redone, and are attractive and comfortable. I had dinner in the restaurant and service and food were flawless. Some renovation was ongoing in the area containing offices/meeting rooms, and our meeting room was nothing special, so maybe they are working to update that part of the hotel next. If you have business at or near the University of Houston, this is a very good place to stay. The hotel wireless didn't work well for me, but the University's wireless network was a perfect substitute. Both are free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Malakoff, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was booked at this property by accident, and I am now a repeat customer. The staff are mostly students in training for hospitality management, but each of them had a gracious smile on his/her face. Rooms are spacious and housekeeping even folded my dirty clothes and placed a folded laundry bag on top for easy access. Parking is very cheap and the hotel is extremely secure. Thank you all for such a pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice hotel in the area to stay for my Grandmother's funeral. We didn't want to have to drive into downtown, so we found this hotel by googling hotels closest to where we would need to be for the services. The location was perfect, it is in the middle of the U of H campus, but had easy parking in the parking garage. Our check-in was very quick and we were given a clean, modern, and lovely room. After checking in, we were tired and hungry, so we found the restaurant downstairs which was still open. Our food was very good, so good that we decided to go back the next morning for the breakfast buffet. The buffet was exceptional as well, with a large variety of options. My husband needed help with tying his tie and the wonderful staff at the front desk were happy to help. :-) All in all, would recommend this hotel for not only those associated with the UH campus, but for any travelers who want a nice place to stay for a reasonable amount of money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was our second time at this property.One of our favorite hotels.Very clean,staff is very friendly.Most important thing,I would say in 60% property is run by students.They attend Conrad Hilton School of Hotel and Restaurant Management which is located at the campus.Melisa at the front desk was very helpful, gave us all info we needed.Room was great,lots of room,bathroom is very nicely done,very clean.Parking you have to pay $15 per 24Hrs.Only thing that is inconvenient ,is pool and exercise room.But for this inconvenience you have a chance to walk and use their Wellness Center.You have to see it to believe it .It is huge.I don't think that there is a lot of hotels that can offer that kind of facility.
Eric's Restaurant is also run mostly by students.Service is great,fast,food taste very good.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton University of Houston? Share your experiences!