I used Sidestep to find the best rate for this hotel and paid $75 per night. Although there is construction in the area, I didn't experience any issues with driving to the hotel or finding parking.
Check-in was quick and efficient. Since this was my first stay at a Drury hotel, the receptionist provided information about the great services offered: free internet, free long distance call for one hour and breakfast. Apparently, I missed the free food and beverages offered earlier in the evening.
Hotel does have a laundry room with one washer and one dryer. Currently, it costs a $1.00 per load. Detergents and softener were available for .75 each. Front desk has change available for the machines.
Room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Like the rest of the room, the microwave and refrigerator were both clean. Great variety of channels available on the television. A small coffee maker is available in the room. The luggage rack was located in the closet.
Since kids stay free, there were several families staying at the hotel. Fortunately, the rooms are soundproof. Although there was a lot of commotion in the hallways, I couldn't hear any of it while in the room.
For breakfast, as mentioned in the previous reviews, eggs, sausages, cereals, fruit and biscuits with gravy are available. There are two belgian waffle makers available. Since there was a crowd of children surrounding both waffle makers, I didn't feel like waiting to make waffles.
Checkout was just as efficient as the check-in process. Check-in was at 3:00 PM. Checkout was at 11:00 AM.
When visiting Houston, I'll definitely stay again. Great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. With easy access to all that the big city of Houston has to offer, the Drury Inn & Suites Houston West is just a short drive from downtown. The hotel team will welcome you with Texas charm, clean rooms and free hot food every morning and evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Houston West/Energy Corridor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Houston West
- Drury Inn & Suites Houston West Hotel Houston
- Drury Inn Houston
- Drury Houston
- Houston Drury Inn