“very convenient hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook

You added Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   18818 Tomball Parkway, State Highway 249, Houston, TX 77070   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #214 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Loma Linda, California
“very convenient hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

We had all what we needed. The rooms were nice, clean, the breakfast was great. We liked the location, 5 minutes away from the Willowbrook Mall, grocery stores, Hair Salon, pharmacy, my teen loved the Best Buy store which was so close by. Wallmart was also very close, and so was Target. THere were several restaurants near by too. we couldn't have been better situated. We will come back often.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I'm here for 1 week and it is now my second day. My luggage has been lost by the airline. There is a clerk by the name of Gary that does a great job at welcoming you. He has gone the extra mile to provide me with extra toiletries until my bags arrive. The room is nice and clean. The only negative is that the turn into the Hotel comes up quick and if you miss it, you will have to circle around always due to the one way.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Riverside Cty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We have stayed here a year ago but they have undergone some renovations since then. There was ample parking and the staff was welcoming and efficient. USA Today was available in the lobby and the room was nicely decorated. It included a large hotel fridge and a microwave, as well as the standard room coffeemaker. The complimentary hot breakfast included meat, potatoes, hot and cold cereal, danish, toast and bagels, yogurt, juice, fresh fruit...and...cooked to order eggs! The best part was the carafe of coffee delived to our table! That breakfast is available 7 days a week and on the Monday morning we were there, a couple arriving 10 minutes after service was treated to a hot breakfast delivered to their table from the kitchen! The staff makes this property!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

We rented three rooms, our family had come down to Houston for a wedding. We stayed two nights with no complaints. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The first night we got there, one of the rooms we had smelled like smoke, and they were more than happy to give us another room. The breakfast was good, eventhough the pancakes and waffles were hard. The staff in this hotel is great, the bathroom was big and clean, and the blankets were cozy. I don't think there were alot of people staying when we were there (judging from the sparse cars in the parking lot), but we still got great service.
The only complaint I have is for the entrance to the hotel. We got there at night and entered in on the wrong side. They don't have Wi-Fi.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

I believe this Holiday Inn has been recently converted from another hotel. The furniture appears to be fairly new in the rooms and the overall property is clean. Staff was friendly but didn't really "shine", not that I really expected them to a Holiday Inn. Rooms are basic and as I mentioned above appear to have new furniture. Bathroom was clean although the toilet ran all night and the show was barely warm at 7:00am. Breakfast was dismal and ended at 9am instead of the usual 10am. By the time I arrived each morning at 8:30am everything was picked over. The maid service also starts early. I was working, not yet dressed for the day around 8:15 when I heard a faint knock on my door. By the time I jumped up, grabbed a shirt, and tried to make it to the door, the maid was already opening it up with her master key. We were both embarrassed, she apologized and moved on. I didn't have time to enjoy the bar, but from a distance it looked well stocked with the basic brands and mixers. The hotel managed to shove a pool table into the bar area so it made the already small area even tighter. Overall the hotel works for business travelers or just a quick overnight stay but that's about it.. Don't expect much more. Its important to know that there is NOT a full service restaurant on site (at least that i saw).. No Lunch or Dinner served although a couple of places deliver.

• Liked — Overall Clean, decent staff
  • Disliked — Breakfast, Shower temp,
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
arlington, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while attending a weekend meeting in Tomball (15 minutes north on Hwy 249). Easy to find the hotel in the dark although I turned onto the entrance blvd the wrong way. I prepaid for the hotel directly on their website and got a reasonable rate ($60) for the area and quality. I was very tired both evenings and thoroughly enjoyed the four fluffy pillows on my bed...one for each arm and leg!! Bedding was great. Refrigerator, mcrowave and chair were also provided. The room was very attractively decorated above average. The bathroom was clean and large, and the bathroom door was positioned so that light did not bother others sleeping in later. The computer/internet was easy to set up and use. Nice desk provided. I had mistakenly glanced at the hotel pictures and thought the hotel offered complimentary typical toast breakfast, but only breakfast available was pricey and I choose to find numerous fast food restaurants on my 15 minute commute north on Hwy 249.

The one issue I had was the nonfunctioning ice machine on the second floor, but there was a note directing one to the north end (whichever way that was) of the building on first or third floor. This was quite a hike for someone as tired as I was who just wanted to cool his coke. I would have also liked to have found a vending machine with a snack (apple, nuts), but drinks were only found.

Two good restaurants I would recommend nearby in Tomball included Pecos Grill with lots of homemade food variety and the Rib Tickler (typical barb b q with potato salad, coleslaw, etc). Both located on Hwy 249 north in Tomball past Medical Complex Dr on right if heading north.

Stayed September 2007
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

This hotel has been recently remodeled and it looks brand new. Very clean and comfortable. Regular King room pretty good size, plenty of room to work and large bathroom. Also included a mini frig and microwave.

I heard the bartender say this was a business hotel and empties out on the weekends. The bar and restaurant are very limited but overall a better option than leaving the property after working all day. There is a strip mall next door with a Chinese and a Mexican restaurant. The Mexican restaurant was slightly above average, good, fresh food.

Hotel has a workout room did not visit, has free high speed wired access that worked great. Several ample sized meeting rooms on the first floor.

• Liked — Clean, modern and good enviroment to work.
  • Disliked — Limited menu and bar.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook? Share your experiences!