“The service and staff are incredible.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook

You added Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   18818 Tomball Parkway, State Highway 249, Houston, TX 77070   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #229 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Palestine, Texas
“The service and staff are incredible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed once at this location and did not visit again for another month. I was so impressed when I walked in and they greeted me by name. Ever since then it is the only place I will stay when in Houston, even if it is a 30matter mile drive to where I will be conducting business. I never plan ahead and make reservations, but when I walk in they will out me in the same room if it is open without me even asking. The staff make this my hotel. If you go make sure to visit Mary in the lounge and tell her Marvin says hello! Unfortunately I no longer have business in the Houston area but still compare all my hotel stays to them. Haven't found anyone that can compare. The experience made me feel like a Las Vegas higher roller.

• Stayed August 2012
General Manager h, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Marvin,

Thanks so much for sharing your comments with us. Having grown up visiting my Grandpau, who lived in Palestine, he taught me that taking care of people is just the way it's supposed to be done. With that as my foundation, I've shared that with the staff and they are living examples of what he taught me.

Although you're not visiting Houston now, we'll be ready the next time you drop in! And Mary says "Hi!" back to you!

Chris Ball

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I checked in on Wednesday evening and stayed until the following Tuesday. This hotel is clean, odor free, and the staff is knowledgable and helpful. Large room had refrigerator and microwave.
This was a comfortable place to spend several days. Also conveniently located, lots of shopping, movie theaters and restaurants nearby.
On the Friday night there was a very loud party in one of the banquet rooms, too loud considering that the hotel had a lot of paying guests. The front desk clerk was kind enough to offer to move me to a different room or give complimentary food vouchers. I got 3 free breakfasts --good deal. This was a good hotel experience and I would definitely stay here again. They also have a gated, secure parking area for hotel guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cancun
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have to travel frequently to Houston for work, and have stayed at a the Holiday Inn express a few times. Have also used a couple of other similar chains in the same NW Houston area. We decided to pay a little extra and stay at regular Holiday Inn rather than an express. One the Hotel is feeling a little aged, they label the pillows as though there was some difference in them (not) I have to say the express had a better trained and friendlier staff, every time we were heading out for the day they would acknowledge you, and offer you a bottle of, much appreciated water, considering the heat in Houston. Got back to the hotel last night and realized we hadn't stopped for water, so husband heads down to the lobby to inquire where we could get some. The restaurants closed and we're all out you can go to the machine. Ok where is the machine near the elevator okey dokey checked the 1st floor 2nd floor 3rd floor,nope. OK back to the lobby, oh I think they moved them hang on because this other employee apparently is in a hurry and I must take care of him first, than he did come and help to find the wandering water machine which 1st one was out second one didn't work OK third one right, nope doesn't work either, really. Just to check today asked any change in the water department? Nope.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Northwest Willowbrook, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Carina M,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the hotel services you received that was less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in the beginning of June.

Hotel:
The hotel is large and was all the proper facilities for a business traveller.
The first day I arrived late at the hotel (around 22:30) and the kitchen had just closed. I had not eaten yet and the person at the frontdesk was very helpful with arranging food (he pushed a pizza joint nearby to deliver a pizza, although closing time were almost there. Also he did not take the answer "we will be there at 23:15 or 23:30 the earliest, and he made the pizza come at 23:00). The next day I ate at the restaurant of the hotel. The food was not luxurious, but certainly good and plenty. Also the atmosphere at the bar was great (some persons at the bar come there regularly, while they don't stay in the hotel) and that was probably because Maria is a wonderful host.
Breakfast required coupons, which you sometimes get at check-in (included in the roomrate). The breakfast itself had more variety then I am usually experiencing in American hotels. They had various kinds of bread, yogurts, egg, fruits (pre-cut), sausage, juices, etc.

Room:
Another example of the helpful staff: a room with kingsize bed was booked for me, but it was meant for disabled people and at the side of the Interstate. The person at the frontdesk was very helpful and suggested a room with queensize beds at the other side of the hotel. I have never regreted that room change!
The room was comfortable, clean, comfortable beds, good working A/C, nice and clean bathroom (although I am still wondering why the coffeemaker was in the bathroom), and nice desk chair. The wireless internet was not particularly fast, so I used the wire connection in the room. The wire connection worked fine.

Parking/accessibility:
Parking is free on the hotel paramices, and one can get to the Interstate easily. It is on a one-way street though, which is in the direction away from the center. The U-turn is not that far ahead (around 0.5 mile).

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

EVERYONE there trys to make sure your stay is pleasant. My wife and I stayed due to business, and for breakfast she wanted to have a dish of cottage cheese (something that was not on the menu). The manager of the restaurant quickly came to the table and offered ANYTHING on the menu at his cost, and apologized for not having what she wanted. The next day we ordered from the menu again, but this time she saw something that interested her and she ordered it. When we got the bill, the waitress said that it was already taken care of, compliments of the kitchen. The manager of the restaurant also met us in the hall and offered us any services that we might require. The staff are friendly with the customers, and with each other. We will stay here again. The price brings great value, and the service you receive exemplifies it.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice. The air was constantly on, and when we were gone, the cleaning ladies made...