“Clean, Inexpensive Accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #189 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Georgia
“Clean, Inexpensive Accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2007

This was our first experience with Candlewood Suites. The washer/dryer Cupboard area was a welcome ammenity for us after a four day road trip. I am sorry to hear a previous tripster had a very bad experience, but we had quite the opposite. We washed/dryed clothes without incident and I was quite amazed at the whole "honor system" setup in the Cupboard area. Our room was spacious, clean with full kitchen setup. Restaurant leftovers went into the fridge and we made full use of the coffee pot and microwave appliances. A real bargin for the money!

• Stayed April 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2006

...should have been the police cars and gang fight going on out front when we drove up. However, it was really late and we had guaranteed our late arrival, so we ignored our better judgment and checked in.

My room had a huge, scary stain on the carpet that looked like someone had been murdered there (I'm serious). The hotel desk clerk was nice about giving me another room, but didn't seem to really care that my first room was truly foul. Management that would allow a room to be rented out in that condition--when the hotel was not full and there were other rooms available--simply does not care. Also, when I went down to change rooms there was a metal shutter over the lobby desk which, along with the possible murder stain on my carpet and the police cars out front, made me question my safety.

My friend's room had a funky odor--we thought they might have stashed the body under the bed after the murder in my room. Seriously, it was not good---do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2005

I booked this hotel on Hotwire so I got a great price on the room. I was hesitant at first, because it wasn't in the Galleria. The room was nice and roomy and very clean.

Rooms only come with Queen Bed which was fine for me. Walls maybe a little thin as I could hear people coming down the hallway, but I'm not a light sleeper so didn't really bother me too much. There is no desk service after a certain hour, at least no one was there when I came in after midnight and the shutters were pulled, this was on both nights I was there.

There is only weekly housecleaning.

For a 2-star hotel it was much nicer than expected. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria? Share your experiences!