“Another Day in Court” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 470 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“Another Day in Court”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is one of my most favorite hotels to visit when in Houston. The front desk staff are always courteous and pleasant; they seem to go out of their way to accommodate needs and requests and to make sure you are comfortable. Of course the breakfast and afternoon happy hour treats are a plus. If I had a complaint, it's that they have switched over to wireless internet completely and for those who have not moved to that point this can be a setback. Of course, they have the business center available. Rooms spacious and clean with comfortable beds. Also as a coffee drinker, changing over to the one cup brewing pot is a minus but that's minute compared to the overall excellence of the hotel. The DISH network jumped in and out otherwise the channel selections on the TV were good.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is superb value. Every day at 5:30pm we were greeted by an all-you-can-eat supply of Hot Dogs and Cheesy Mac. What more could one want?

Free breakfast, free parking, free long-distance calls, great pool and gym... no need to consider anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southern US State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Once again, the Drury brand has risen to the challenge and MORE than achieved the success it deserves and is recognized for - JD Power and Associates 7 years running! You can associate "luxury" with all sorts of names in the Hotel industry, and quite frankly, none will match the UNFETTERED, consistant results that Drury lives up to.
From the moment you arrive, you have this instant "ahhhh...Home Sweet Home"! That "dated" look so many comment about in my opinion continues that "ahhhh...Home Sweet Home" charm. That unpretentious, warm, welcoming greeting you get from Mary, Christopher, and the rest of Jose's Team enforces that "ahhhh...Home Sweet Home" sense when you arrive.
Check-in is always a breeze, one that says, "hey, hope your travel here was comfortable, and we're glad you're here." That anticipation of when the buttery hot, fresh, popcorn smell will begin to waffe through the lobby, to the "when's dinner - aka - 5:30 Kickback"; tell me, where are you going to get THAT feeling, and all at an incredible value?
I actually appreciate the room, it's layout, and amenities. It tells me that I've paid a reasonable price, for a safe, clean, quiet roof over my head with all the "trimmings" of a FREE hot breakfast, FREE hot afternoon/evening Kickback, FREE good wireless internet, FREE long-distance phone calls, FREE daily popcorn/soda, FREE parking and amenities like an INDOOR/OUTDOOR pool, indoor hot-tub and exercise room... My roonm is meant for a few hours of shut-eye; not where to spend my day. And so, I don't want to pay a huge price just to say it's chi-chi and ooh-la-la!
Proximatey to the Galleria, downtown Houston, 610, 10, 45, 290, River Oaks, and on and on. It's where to BE if you're going to be in Houston!
Jose...you bet we'll be back. You have a tremendous Team, run a beautifully managed hotel, with Staff who show they enjoy working there. We can't wait to be back!

Room Tip: Except when we're staying, see if you can snag one of the rooms directly above the front Lobby...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have stayed in several Drury Inns, so we're familiar with and appreciated the standard extras offered at this chain. Traveling as a family, this is part of why we choose a Drury. We enjoyed the hospitality of the staff, who were very accommodating. We appreciated the proximity to the Galleria and free parking. We liked the clean pool! However, we would not stay at this location again unless we knew the beds had been replaced.

The room itself was very clean. However, unlike in our past visits to other Drury Inns, we found that the beds were squishy and left us feeling creaky in the morning. Also, there is a smaller, traditional sink area, instead of a spacious marble counter area as in newer Drurys. The parking lot gate was up when we arrived, and when I inquired I was told that it was put down later in the night, but I wasn't awake to confirm this and it was open by the time we departed. This policy left me feeling a bit misled and nervous about the gated parking. Fortunately, there were no problems. The fitness room provided a nice workout, although it was a bit warm due to poor AC. Anyway, this stay was acceptable, but we'll hope the beds are updated by the next time we visit Houston Galleria area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for letting us know about your visit to the Drury Inn and Suites, Near the Galleria. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments regarding the beds and have passed it on to our Executive Housekeeper and Property Maintenance Person for a review of the room, bed (frame) and mattress. We are in the planning stages of a rooms renovation, to include the addition of queen beds (replacing doubles) which is tentatively set for the end of the year, going into the new year.

Our parking gates are opened every morning before 7am and then closed in the evening. I will review with our staff and make sure that we are opening and closing the gates according to this schedule.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Jose Miranda
Drury Inn and Suites, Near the Galleria
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I always read what hotels say they offer but am always wondering what I will REALLY get when I am there. When I booked this hotel I heard that it was great and lived up to the mottto of "The extras aren't extra" and they were correct!! Free Hot or cold breakfast buffet, happy hour with 3 free drinks and dinner buffet, WOW! It was always stocked, clean and great for my family!! Th pool was an indoor outdoor one that our kids loved!
The only negative was that the hot tub was always breaking down and all the soda machines were out of stock?? Kind of annoying... Overall CLEAN, FRIENDLY AND FREE FOOD AND DRINKS!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Most of the time when you go to a hotel you can tell whether or not the manager and staff care about pleasing you. This hotel is one where the staff cares. The manager circulated during "happy hour" in the lobby, where 3 free beverages and a good choice of hot foods and chips were served after 5 pm. My room, which was a dog friendly room, was nice, clean, the temperature control worked well, and I slept like a baby. In the morning, both hot and cold foods were offered up for breakfast, all the standard fare. The only reason I gave 4 instead of a 5 rating is that I wouldn't call this hotel EXCEPTIONAL - but it is very very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I set out on a mini vacation and really enjoy every bit of our stay here. The breakfast was amazing saved so much in eating here morning and night. The staff wad accommodating and friendly. The location was also a big plus and we were able to have our family pet along with us. What more can I say but Can't wait to back here!

• Stayed July 2012