“Good location and reasonably priced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4701 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77027 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #259 of 474 Hotels in Houston
Thailand
“Good location and reasonably priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

There's not much to say about this place except that it was reasonably clean, well-located for getting around Houston, and easy-in easy-out off 610. The grab-and-go breakfast was barely that, in fact it was coffee or tea and some packaged muffins and breakfast bars. The room did have a kitchen area, however, so it was quite easy to make coffee and heat food up in the microwave. No complaints, no raves, but it was just right for our needs. Next door is a 24-hour CVS and across the street to the east a couple of block's is a really good steakhouse (Sullivan's). The Galleria shopping complex is less than a 10-minute walk west.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tamworth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were staying 5 nights in Houston so decided on an Extended Stay. Location is good if you want shopping although the hotel is just off the interstate (can't hear traffic though). Nice staff and the hotel is fine but the website said the rooms were recently renovated. Wrong. Our kitchen cupboards were old and chipped while the toilet made a loud clunking noise when we flushed. The beds were comfy and queen sized which was great. All in all we would stay here again but I'd probably look around for something a bit better before I booked it next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, your comfortable bed, and our great staff. Still, I apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I came to this hotel due to unfortunate circumstances and at first I thought it was good service and an understanding yet helpful staff, but that all changed once my stay resulted in long term. I was constantly overcharged and was not allowed to partake in a reasonable rate for a lengthy stay. I was charged for an outrageous amount when the site clearly posted differently.
Management was notified but was drastically unhappy once I found out they just did not want to offer the correct rate even though I'm a suites reward member and even with me staying for a considerable amount of time. I have already sent corporate an email regarding this situation along with the folio and the rates from the times I was in question. I even had to deal with a maintenance issue that has yet to be resolved. To my dismay I would recommend you to pay for your stay ONLINE only and to be careful when dealing with the management at this location. It really is unfair at how I have been being charged above and beyond the rate when the site clearly says it will offer the lowest rate if found. Just beware and watch your credit card charges as they will charge you without giving you any knowledge of price increases.

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you encountered rate issues when extending your stay with us. If you’d like, please contact me directly at hgl@extendedstay.com, so that we can discuss this further. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay next time.
Frisco, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Toilet flush did not work......even after they came and fixed it, it continued to keep running. We had to take the top off and work on the flapper each time.

Strong odor of pets in the room and lots of area that had stains that could not be removed.

Room Tip: Listen to your fellow traveller's comments...make sure you look over theroom carefully at time o...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your toilet during your stay with us. As well, I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at hgl@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here sometime in Feb, 2014 and I was really not satisfied with the service and facility and most importantly the prices are high if you directly check in. It is advisable to do online booking with some coupons available only.
When I checked into the room, the room was dirtoty and the bed and beddings were not laid at all. I had to do the bed and stay. Everything is actually charged.
I did a direct walkin to the hotel but the receptionist said they do not have rooms and later she gave me a room at the price of two. I'm not satisfied at all.

Room Tip: Book online and then go to the hotel and please do walk in directly.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue does not continue in the future. As well, I apologize that you encountered some problems while checking in. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel.

If you have any further comments, please contact me at gotero@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel was conveniently located just a few blocks from the Galleria. Although it's on a busy street, it was nice and relaxing within the hotel. Housekeepers didn't bother me or make a nuisance in the morning. Every employee was extremely kind and welcoming. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel's location, which is close to the Galleria shopping mall. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with great customer service and were mindful of your needs during your stay.

Thank you again for writing such a pleasant review. We hope to see you back soon should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The hotel is clean and recently upgraded. The facilities are nice but the main reason to stay here is the friendly and helpful staff. I stayed here when relocating to the area. The staff was very helpful to me. The location is good. Close to galleria mall. Lots of restaurants to walk to. They are upgrading the facilities but soon that should be complete and the rooms will be upgraded. I have stayed in several rooms and the front desk always accommodated any move I requested. They were always helpful if I had any request or issue.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that our location was convenient for you by being close to the Galleria Mall and walking distance to restaurants. We appreciate the awesome comments about our staff friendliness, cleanliness of hotel, and we are glad you chose to stay with us during your relocation to Houston.

We appreciate you for choosing us for your lodging needs and look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.