“A Home for Now” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Ranked #244 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas, United States
“A Home for Now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am currently living at the Extended Stay for awhile until I can find an apartment or room for rent of my own. The front desk staff and especially Tracy the manager has treated me kindly and more like family. I relocated here in Houston for an employment opportunity and this location is walking distance from my job. I honestly wish I could just stay here monthly but Im sure I will have to leave at some point! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great stay at low prices. I had an issue with the air conditioning leaking but at least it kept me cool, but the problem was resolved expeditiously. I have a degree in Hospitality Business and this hotel is the epitome of the years of education.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am thrilled you have chosen to make us your home for now and that Tracy makes you feel like family. I do apologize for the issue you had with your air conditioner and are glad that it was taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and if there is anything else we can do to make your stay even better please don't hesitate to let us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

if you have a busniess trip and you don't need a room service and good price hotel with a nice location and close to the galleria that hotel what you need, free parking are available for you, the staff was helpfull i had an issue with the visa.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Mohamed - Thank You for taking the time to publish a review of your stay at hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your visa, but am glad we could accommodate you as needed. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

It would, of course, be our pleasure to help in any way in the future with your travel needs. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Relocation is hard enough without all the"bumps" you hit along the road. I had been at extended stay almost a week when I got sick and could hardly hold my head up.The staff and management helped me and made sure I was comfortable and solved a minor issue for me with no fuss only smiles! They truly went above and beyond! (Thanks Tracy and Maria,you're the greatest) I couldn't have stayed anywhere that felt more like Home!
So if you're coming to
Houston Tx.
Extended Stay America is where you wanna make your home away from home.
Sincerely,Nicole

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Nicole - Thank you for your kind works about your stay at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Tracy and Maria. Each one of us strives to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it sounds like we hit a homerun in your case.

We hope you are feeling better!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I've been staying here for a month so far, and plan to stay until my home is complete. The location is great. Staff is awesome very responsive to my needs. Especially the manager Tracy and front desk girl Maria.The room is small compared to what I'm use to, but I love it. I recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff, especially Tracy and Maria. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Overall, my entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found my stay at this hotel to be excellent. The staff is very helpful and professional, particularly a clerk my the name of Courtney. She really does make u feel welcome. The manager Tracy also makes u feel right at home and is very attentive to the quest needs, always greet you with a big smile and hello. I also found it to be very clean and services to be on point. I definitely recommend it, and it will always be my first choice when visiting Houston.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed for 20 nights for business in downtown Houston. The location is convenient with several downtown buses passing regularly. Galleria and the stores nearby are a mecca for shopping, which I did much of too. The front desk is friendly and always answers the phone, even at late hours and holidays. Kudos for that!

There is a (slow) elevator available if your room is not on the ground floor. There are no meal amenities at the hotel but there are restaurants and a CVS pharmacy nearby. The laundry cost $2.00 to wash and the same to dry (look out; there is one washer for $1.00 which seemed out of place but who's complaining?) My room and also the rooms of my two colleagues looked and smelled clean but there was a 2 inch crusty stain on one side of my queen sized bed linen, which I avoided by sleeping on the other side. They claim to change bed linen every 7 days but after my first housekeeping visit - lo and behold! My stain remains! Is it possible they could have two bed linens with stains in exactly the same spot or is someone not doing their job?
The worst experience was the toilet which clogged not once, not twice, but three times! After having the first malfeasance dealt with, maintenance was unable to effect a solution a second time leaving me to suffer with the stench for the rest of Sunday and Memorial day because 'maintenance doesn't work on that holiday'. At every stage I had to pester and prod the front desk to have the decency to offer me another room to perform my most basic of functions. I got much in the way of sorries but little follow-up - for example I was promised the card for a nearby empty room as soon as it was cleaned to avoid an embarassing pilgramage to the end of the hall. After waiting forever, I had to call the front desk who had obviously forgotten about me.

This customer was made to understand what was more important to the staff when front desk had the gall to enquire on a minor payment detail while still neglecting to follow-up on my requests. When the toilet was finally cleared, I was left to clean up 'the mess' which seemed unfair since it was caused by their malfunctioning equipment.

My other two colleagues had no complaints whatsoever about this hotel, so my conclusion is that you should be fine as long as everything works in your room but don't count on timely assistance in case of an emergency.

Room Tip: I was told that the higher numbered rooms on each floor (16 - 30) were further away from the highway...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Austin, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

great value, great staff.. HOWEVER, car got broken into at night in front of the hotel in the parking lot and cost me $2.5k. Management refunded me $250 of $500 bill. To little. Ruined my trip to Houston. Never again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally apologize for your poor experience. We are so sorry that this happened to you while staying at our property. It’s my understanding that my staff encouraged you to contact your insurance company; I hope that they were able to assist you. I do want to assure you that this was an isolated incident, and we offer our most sincere apologies. I hope that you will return to Houston again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer? Share your experiences!