“Excellent service located accessible to Houston's attractions.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Houston Westchase

You added Residence Inn Houston Westchase to your Saves list
Residence Inn Houston Westchase
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9965 Westheimer @ Elmside, Houston, TX 77042 (Westchase)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #210 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Alberta, Canada
“Excellent service located accessible to Houston's attractions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Typical Residence Inn located about 4 miles west of Galleria shopping, 610, etc. Also only a mile or so from Sam Houston tollway.
Clean, spacious with a good breakfast makes it a fine choice. Staff was friendly, and although I can't remember his name, the Chief Engineer was very friendly and even drove the shuttle once to get me down Westheimer.
Yes, there is a shuttle, even though I don't think the Marriott website states it.
Rate was great, and an easy 3 minute walk to a H-E-B store.
Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bloomingburg, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

I stay at this hotel often when traveling to Houston only because of convenience. It is not one of the better RI's, hotel needs updates. The heating and cooling rarely works properly in the rooms, and the room itself is not the cleanest.

The plus to this hotel is the kitchen and the grocery store (Kroger) right next door.

If price is not so much of a concern, I would recommend the Hilton right up the road or the Marriott around the corner.
If looking for another extended stay hotel there is a Homewood Suites down the road however it is tough to get in there.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

Nasty hotel. Roaches all over the place and the place smelled like filth!! Please do not ever stay there if you need a decent place away from home. Even after complaining to the front desk about Roach problems, they did not do anything.

My husband and I had to move out of this hotel and BTW I am a platinum elite member for Marriott hotels and they did nothing!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

After many hours of research to find a hotel near the Westside Tennis Center, I found this one Resicence Inn. I was going to book the Hilton by Westhimer because it seemed to have better reviews. However, all the rooms were taken during the days we needed to stay. I decided to stayed at this Hotel because we were four adults (my husband and my parents) as well as my dog "Xylla" Yorkie Terrier. We booked a suite (#304) with two bedrooms, each one had its own bathroom (small but it was nice to have our own bathroom). The place was convinient to walk my dog around the property or around the neighborhood next door to the hotel. It had a full kitchet with pots and pans, plates, glasses to fix meals. We only used the kitchen for snacks and beer ;0). The breakfast was included in the price and it served between 6:00 and 9:30am....it was a complete hot breakfast (fruit, bread, wafles, scramble eggs, coffee, tea, yogurt).
We didn't use the swiming pool but it was in good condition and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

One thing is that the Interner is NOT high speed, it is a share bandwith and if you are coming to Houston for business this is not the place for you because you will end up not getting anything done on time. But if you are visiting to see friends, go shopping to the Galleria and/or visit a special event near this area then this is a nice place to stay.

• Liked — Convinient to a grocery store and access to main high way.
  • Disliked — The taxes on the price are not included, end end price is $30 more.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

I stayed at the Residence Inn Westchase July 20-23rd. This hotel is located next to a Courtyard. I decided on this hotel because I wanted a room with a lot of space. For this stay, I had a one bedroom suite which was just like a one bedroom apartment including a kitchen with table and chairs, living room with TV, a desk and free internet access. When we checked in the hotel room, there was a very distinct smell like cheap cologne. I tried to spray some room fragrance, but that did not work. My stomach was sick because of the smell. We later complained about it and was told that the guest staying next to us had a dog. YES, this hotel does allow pets. I believe the room they gave us was one that previously had an animal living there. Nonetheless, The hotel moved us to another room that was so much better. It was still a one bedroom suite, but was a lot fresher and cleaner than the first one. There is a Kroger only steps away, so we were able to go there and buy a candle.

This hotel offers free breakfast and has an evening social with food and drinks. We did not try the food because we fell in love with a french restaurant a block away called Le Madaleine. They sell breakfast, lunch and dinner. IT'S WONDERFUL. We ate there everyday during our stay. Try the raspberry lemonade.

The hotel is located on Westheimer. Most of our trip consisted of us going up and down Westheimer all day. There are SO many places to eat on this street. Everything you can imagine including upscale restaurants and regular fast food places. There are several Walmarts that are conveniently located in the area too. If you love Starbucks, then you will see hundreds of them in the area as well. The Galleria is in the area too. This place is so large that it would take several days to visit all of the stores. There are a lot of other places to shop outside of the Galleria. I plan to take another trip to Houston just to shop. We ended our trip with a visit to Lakewood Church with Joel Osteen. This was the highlight of the trip. The service was excellent.. we would highly recommend it for Sunday Church service.

Overall, my stay at this hotel was Ok. I think I will go for a 4 star hotel in the future. Westheimer Street is a good location for a hotel, simply because of the location with easy access to shopping and eating.

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — Smell and pets allowed
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay on Westheimer
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2006

I recently completed a long stay at the Residence Inn Westchase. I was there for about fifteen weeks, departing around December 1st. I had a very good experience, and would strongly recommend it. The front desk staff is very good, and I found them very helpful. I would note in particular that during my stay they dealt with both being swamped by Hurricane Katrina evacuees and the evacuation of Houston for Hurricane Rita. I saw no drop in service during this time. It's convenient to both the Galleria shopping center and the 8 Loop (the outer beltway around Houston). There's a grocery store next door (literally) and it is within walking distance to a number of restaurants and a Borders. The neighborhood is generally safe, though it's within a mile or two of somewhat rougher territory, so use judgement at night. There is on site security at night. All in all, I was very pleased.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2005

I stay here on a regular basis and it is a good Residence Inn. I really like that it is right next to a good supermarket which is open 24 hours so you can walk over an buy what you need when you need it.

The hotel is just off Westheimer which can be a little noisy but apart from that this is a quiet area.

The only thing that bugged me was the piped music, especially around the pool. All I wanted to do was swim and lie in the sun an relax but the piped music around the pool and playing area was bugging me. Just turn it off. I mentioned it to the staff and their response was "we are not aware of any piped music"

I would stay here again.

Been to Residence Inn Houston Westchase? Share your experiences!