“Best ESA in Houston overall. Stay here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 W Sam Houston Pkwy., Houston, TX 77042   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #242 of 457 Hotels in Houston
“Best ESA in Houston overall. Stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I needed a place for 2 months and researched / visited several ESAs. I am not an employee of ESA, nor have friends or family there. Just to clarify, this is a real review from a guest. I liked this ESA because of its location, safety, and friendly staff. After a few weeks, I don't regret my decision. From the time I checked in, the staff has been top notch. I am just a tired accountant who needs a quiet place to sleep after a long day of crunching numbers and dealing with clients. This ESA has surpassed my expectations. It has been recently renovated and is near many shopping centers. Go two blocks and eat at "Lucky's Chinese," where for $10 you can have an awesome sushi / Chinese buffet. Or get your car washed one block away for $10. Etc, etc. The location is awesome, safe and it only takes me around 20 - 25 minutes to get to downtown using the 10 freeway; tolls road would be even faster but I don't need them. I really like my spacious room, the kitchen, and the air conditioner works quietly and doesn't awake me at night. Only one issue, I am a little picky and my room had been smoked in (though not excessively) so I complained. I received an email from the hotel manager promptly (Brandon). I replied around 11 pm at night; to my surprise, Brandon started responding to my concerns that same evening and arranged to have my carpet shampooed the next morning. It was unbelievable service! Brandon also offered to move me to another room. I am not a VIP but I was certainly made to feel that way. For the great service, friendly staff, renovated rooms, and caring management, this is the best ESA that I've stayed in and I give it five stars. If my experience isn't five star service, I can't imagine what is.

• Stayed March 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Pauleast

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Extended Stay Westchase Westheimer. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. I thank you for staying with us for over a year and half. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will personally congratulate my staff for their great service to you.
As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you continue your stay. Once again, thanks for all of your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I reserved 2 non-smoking rooms for a business partner and me, but on arrival, both of us were told they had only smoking rooms available. My reservation printout had no mention of smoking rooms. They offered to spray some chemical to cover the odor.

• Stayed March 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
DearHeadsincloud
I recently received a copy of your review for my Extended Stay Westchase, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for business and leisure travelers who are staying any number of nights. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, like yours, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. Of course, we will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future

Hector Quesada CHA
District Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I are here for 5 weeks, and this place is excellent. Overall, it is quiet, with good service when needed, and clean. We had one minor issue with a leaky faucet, and it was repaired the next day.

Parking is free, and the location is great as well. I recommend this place if you need a place for a week or longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear 82-ag

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Extended Stay Westheimer property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. I thank you for staying with us for over a year and half. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will personally congratulate the staff on your behalf.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

As a buisness traveler, I stay at many hotels. In this area I in the past stayed at the property down the street from this location. I decided to try this Extended Stay America because I was informed they went through a remodel recently. I have to say I was very impressed. The rooms are a nice size and the hotel over all is very clean. The staff there is very welcoming as well. I believe the very nice gentleman that checked me in was by the name of Jack or Jake. He did a great job at letting me know what the property offered and politely told me to let him know if I needed anything else on my stay. When an issue arose with my room Bryan was very helpful in getting maintenance up there right away to help fix the problem. The maintenance man was very nice and quick at getting the problem solved. The breakfast was just like always very well displayed and nice. In the future with my trips to Houston this property will be my new home away from home. I strongly recommend giving this hotel a try on your next trip.

• Stayed February 2013
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms and Grab N Go breakfast. It is also nice to hear that Jack, Bryan and the Maintenance Man(Bo) were very accommodating and made you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

An excellent manager Brian Schwab. Helpful, friendly and competent staff. Good coffee and fresh fruit and clean rooms and towels. We will suggest this facility to our friends. Response to maintenance requests, were immediate!

Room Tip: Choose a room that do not face the highway
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that Bryan and the staff were very helpful, friendly and competent. I am glad that you enjoyed the Grab N Go breakfast with the fresh fruit and coffee. Also, that all maintenance issues were taking care of immediately. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We actually had reservations at the property down the street but they told us they were overbooked and moved us to this location and it would be an upgrade. We were so impressed!!The room was huge with a seperate kitchen. It was very clean and quiet. Being able to exit on the street out back made it very convenient to get to. Everyone was very nice and we will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saints01Houston, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for staying with us at Extended Stay America-Westchase-Westheimer. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our large rooms and that our staff offered great service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Extended stay hotels can be hit or miss - this Extended Stay America location is not a hit - it is a homerun! The location was recently renovated and the rooms still have a "new car" feeling to them. The room was enormous. The bed was very comfortable - brand new, pillow top, queen - linens were basic, like all Extended Stay locations, but adequate for my needs. My room had a new couch and chair (pleather?) - both were easy to relax in. My kitchen had a range with four burners and an oven (standard pot and pan provided, but no baking/broiling kitchenware), new microwave, medium sized fridge (it is a small full sized fridge), sink, and a half-dishwasher. Bathroom was clean with a new tub/shower. Staff was great at check-in. No one wants to live in a hotel, but if I had to live in a hotel, this would be the location I would want to live at. I can't think of enough good things to say about this location. Bid on Priceline - this hotel is in the 2* category, but I would rate it as a 4* on the Priceline scale. You can't beat the value - I bid $32/night ($22+$10/night bonus cash).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review of our facility here at Extended Stay America-Westchase-Westheimer. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed the recent renovations and the kitchens at the hotel. I also am glad to hear that the staff meet/exceeded your expectations for customer service. I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay a "home run"!!! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Westchase - Westheimer? Share your experiences!