“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Woodstock
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This room had a king size bed, flat screen TV, recliner, nice desk and chair, and free wi fi.
The foyer had a close at the entrance, frig, and microwave. It was very clean. Anthony at the front desk was very nice and friendly. My room overlooked the courthard which is very inviting. I didnt use the pool but it looked clean. Typical LQ breakfast. Close to Galleria and shopping. A little noisy during the day but okay at night. I will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is in a good location & the courtyard is beautiful, the breakfast is great. The rooms are clean & spacious & the rate was very reasonable. The staff was very couteous. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have to remind myself to be impressed when I stay at a La quinta; I have yet to stay at a bad hotel in this hotel chain. This one is clean, well managed, and the rooms were very nice and I say that without considering the price.

There is a pool and hot tub and sizeable grounds/courtyard with grass for a hotel of this price and location.

This breakfast was a bit weak if you're hungry. There was the usual bananas, bagel, coffee, waffle maker, and boiled eggs. Eating options in the galleria are close enough to either grab a bite for dinner or in the morning a starbucks coffee. However, if you're in the mood for something outside of the places you are used back home then you may need to drive a bit further.

The location was safe, albeit it is close to the highway. I did not have any problems with parking or my car. However be smart and keep valuables with you and hide any items.

Overall, this hotel held up the reputation of La Quinta. It was reasonably priced, the location was close to where I needed to go, and it was clean and the rooms were more than I expected.

Room Tip: Tip: stay in a room overlooking the pool. If traveling with pets, ask the front desk whether there...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights with my fiancé. I have very mixed reviews about this hotel because it was the little things during our stay that led to my low rating.

Pros: very clean, great service, friendly staff, comfortable room, free parking, decent breakfast selection.

Cons: toilets flush very loudly so you can hear all your neighbors when they use the bathroom throughout the night, the doors have no door closers resulting in all doors slamming whenever someone enters/leaves their room (this would wake us up at 2-3am everyday), during our stay there was landscaping to the grounds which resulted in the potent aroma of manure every time we stepped outside, our room (421) seemed crammed with the positioning of the furniture, there was no control to the AC which constantly made the room warm then cold throughout the evening, and our room was cleaned even with the "do not disturb sign" on the door (this led to feeling a slight invasion of privacy since we did not want anyone in our room).

Again, it was the small things that seemed to keep building which has resulted in my review. I will most likely not stay here again. Its a good deal for the price but there are other hotels right next door that offer the same accommodations for the same price.

• Stayed January 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta when my usual hotel was full. I was pleasantly surprised. It is in a convenient location and is generally quiet considering its proximity to the highway. The parking is also free. The overall atmosphere is pleasant. The rooms are clean but smell a little funny. The breakfast is good but the staff is not always on top of keeping the buffet items full. The front desk kept getting my check out time wrong so my key kept getting deactivated. However, they were always quick to remedy the sitation. This is a good place to stay if you are on a budget. Just don't expect everything to be perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Auburndale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We were coming from FL and was going to be in at 5 am I called the front desk at 3am telling the agent I was going to be in at 5am. Got no greeting just rude. So when we got in. The agenthad a bad attitude. After working in the hotel industry for many years at the front desk. I was very disappointed. After checking out I contacted management and they were very understanding about my needs.

As far as the room it was great size. King with sofa sleeper. Awesome for parents with 1 child. Sofa is a twin. Only thing that needs to be reconsidered is moving the tv. In all rooms it is to the side of the bed. Other than that a great stay. Breakfast was great.

Stayed December 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Galleria Area? Share your experiences!