“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ruidoso
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Checked in to this older motel now converted to a so called Residence Inn. Staff promptly tried to put me in a room that was for handicapped folks. Shower head would not stay up over 4 to 5 feet above the ground. Never mind the fact I made my reservation over a month earlier, staff tried to sell me on the idea the room was an "upgrade". I asked to be moved and I was......to a regular room that was in disrepair, loud and the room stunk from not being cleaned properly. I checked out the next morning and went elsewhere for the balance of my stay in Houston. When in the Galleria area, there are many choices far superior to this rather poorly maintained and expensive flee bag.

I was very disappointed as I usually love Marriott Properties. This place is not a good one.....very disappointing to say the least.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Roxanna C, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for making us aware of your current experience here at the hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experience at the time of your arrival and with your room during your stay. We value and appreciate your feedback and will use this as a training tool to improve the overall experience we provide our guests.

We know you have a number of hotels to choose from in the Houston area and hope you accept our sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was my second time to the hotel. Everything was excellent again. Good breakfast, parking lot, rooms are excellent, people that work there are all the time checking if everything is ok. Really recommend it!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back.... building 6 or 7... preferably 3rd floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Roxanna C, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear tjamaranhao,

Thank you for telling us about your great experience here at the Residence Inn Galleria. Our passion is to provide excellent guest services and satisfaction and we are touched to hear your experiences have brought you to our hotel time and again. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you for any future visits you have to the Galleria area.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week whilst on a business trip to the USA (office in the galleria), so this hotel was seen to be convenient after having been recommended by a colleague.

From start to finish the staff were more than helpful and could not do enough for you, I was surprised that the pictures of the hotel didn't really do it justice! It's a lovely building and reception area and rooms are much nicer when seen for real!

My room was spacious comfortable and very clean, also cleaned to a high standard every day.

Breakfast was nice with plenty selection from eggs, to fruit and waffles, also the facility to take items away was useful for business guests.

I'd highly recommend staying here and would definitely return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear saramathers22,

We are truly thankful to hear such kind words from you. Our entire team puts in 110% to create the best experience possible from start to finish for our valued guests. Our back of the house and front of the house team consistently go above and beyond to exceed expectations and will be delighted to hear the compliments you have sent to them. We hope to have the opportunity to host you anytime you are in Houston and serve as your 'Home away from Home!"
Norcross, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked a group rate at this hotel so that I could attend my college graduation. From start to finish I had a GREAT experience. Noor the sales manager was great at following up with me and made sure that everything was in place and went smoothly with the event. The hotel is seriously in walking distance of the Galleria which is great you don't even need a car. The rooms are nice size itch the menu ties of the full size fridge and microwave. Breakfast was good and there was a variety of items to choose from and the waffles are shaped like TEXAS! I will definitely stay at this hotel again and I have recommended it to several others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Roxanna C, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Thequeencole,

Congratulations on completing your collegiate studies! We are honored to have hosted you for such a special occasion.

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay. We strive to provide the best guest services and accommodations for all of our guests and are delighted to hear you and your loved ones had such a great experience. We appreciate you recommending us to your family and friends; I assure you, they will be well taken care of. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future. If you are ever passing through Houston, please be sure to stop by for a Texas sized waffle!
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here after one night downtown and what a wise change. Plenty of great restaurants to choose from. If your into Shopping at high end stores or even places like Marshall's, Ross, or TJ Maxx this is the area to stay. Secure parking was nice too. The one negative was all the rooms have to be accessed from outside. The other is that although the rooms appear clean the furniture is worn, carpet has stains and bed needs to be replaced. However, The breakfast was as good as any and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room near the Clubhouse.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Crashman1000,

Thank you for the kind review. We pride ourselves on our great location, just walking distance from a multitude of shopping, dining, and entertainment activites, and we are truly delighted to hear you greatly enjoyed the ease of access to the surrounding area.
We appreciate your feedback regarding our guest suites. Upon our continuous and diligent efforts, we have officially scheduled renovations for the 2013 year! Our entire team hopes to have the pleasure of hosting you again in our newly furnished suites for all your visits to the Houston area.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and chose to stay here, within close proximity to the rehearsal dinner and the wedding itself. We were a little confused on how to enter the hotel, as it is gated. No problem. We figured it out pretty quickly. After checking in, we walked to our room which was on the ground floor but had a bedroom with attached living area. This was great for us as we were traveling with a baby. They brought us a crib which allowed a few extra minutes of sleep as we weren't kicked all night by our bundle of joy. This was a nice touch. Our room was adjacent to the pool area, so we also spent some time there, which was also quite nice. All in all, this definitely appears to be a converted apartment complex. However, it has a special character to it and, being within walking distance of the Galleria, was very convenient and perfect for us. If this hotel is updated in the near-term, it will begin getting more 5 star reviews. However, until then, I can understand why others might be turned off slightly by its appearance and age. Still, I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Roxanna C, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear OhioNole,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you while you were in town for such a special occasion. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the great services, amenities and location that the Residence Inn Galleria has to offer! We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and truly appreciate the positive feedback you have for our team. We would love to have you stay with us the next time you find yourself in the Houston Galleria area!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Staying for work? Skip this hotel. Walking to your room in bad weather isnt cool (doors are open to the outdoors). The desk chair couldn't be raised to a good height to use the desk for my laptop. Traffic near the mall is a nightmare. This hotel only offers delivery orders, no room service or nearby restaurant suggestions. The couch and chair had so many stains that I covered with a towel prior to use. The little kitchen table featured a hair.

On the bright side, I like the shampoo and loved the full size coffee pot. Thanks for the water bottle and Special K bar on day of departure. Breakfast was good (I had hot oatmeal). I'm sure they are doing their best with the property they've been dealt. But I'm not going back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Roxanna C, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Cindy,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Residence Inn Galleria. As an exterior property, we pride ourselves on the privacy we offer our valued guests by offering personal entrances to each suite; however, this does not excuse the quality you found in the services we extend to our business travelers. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and am truly remorseful for the conditions of the couch, desk, and cleanliness of your suite. I will be sure to review this with our entire operational staff.
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the small touches our hotel has to offer and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you during your future travel to the Houston Galleria Area.

Been to Residence Inn Houston by The Galleria? Share your experiences!