“nothing special” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“nothing special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Service was good. Facilities was good. In-room breakfast was pretty good. Location of this hotel is out of the way. View outside of the windows is plain. Nothing really wowed me in any means.

It's okay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the St. Regis Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Attentive thoughtful service from every member of staff. It is very pleasant to be greeted and remembered by all the staff throughout a visit.
The hotel is well fitted and attractive, we used a two bedroomed suite and needed to set up for an exhibition in the room and the Housekeeping department could not do enough for us including assistance from an electrician.
All the food I had was enjoyable and I do love my breakfast there, the staff always remember our preferences and make our life easy.
As you can tell I do love this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband's Christmas party was on Saturday and we decided to stay all weekend. We had good service at check-in. I did ask for an upgrade but they said they were completely booked :(. We requested a quiet room and they gave us a room on the 10th floor far away from the elevators. Very nice but small room (deluxe). I really liked having the settee and two more chairs. It seems like there is never enough comfortable seating in a hotel room. Lots of extra touches like orchids. Very nice.

We went down to the bar for drinks and I must say that I was appalled with the service. There were two bartenders and maybe 15 guests in the bar and I had to order a maker's mark on the rocks 3 times. It took 30 minutes to finally get that. The bartender acted like he was in a dazed, sort of wondering around...very strange and I really hoped that our stay was not going to be like this the whole weekend. I started re-thinking the trip and whether or not we should just go home (we are 30 minutes away). A cocktail waitress showed up for her shift and service greatly improved. We ate lobster and mac in the bar, very yummy!

We had breakfast brought to the room on Saturday. Eggs benedict and steak and eggs. The eggs benedict was fantastic. The steak was grisly and tough. Ridiculous for an over 30 dollar steak. I would stay away from that.

The afternoon tea was fantastic. I had a blast! They do serve bubbly in addition to tea so my husband was happy. This is a "don't miss" if you are staying over the weekend.

The bed was simply amazing. I have to find out how to buy those pillows!!

All in all, a very good and relaxing trip. I would look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor, quiet room, especially on the weekend when the band is playing.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your observations from your stay this past weekend and I apologize for the lapses in service you encountered.

I do, however, thank you for your compliments on most of the food items and the service you encountered at the desk upon check-in.

I sincerely hope that you will be back again soon for another weekend getaway.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

. The hotel was renovated 8 years ago. It looked tired and worn to me. The biggest problem was the tiny bath in our suite. It had a shower in the bathtub. They charged for small items like a toothbrush. They were not near any sights and the hotel car does not operate all the time. It was not near any attractions. Save your money! I think the hotel wrote the positive reviews themselves. If all you are interested in is shopping then this place is for you.

Room Tip: I think there are no good views.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I apologize that you did not enjoy this stay. We pride ourselves on being the best address in Houston and receive many rave reviews on the hotel.

Please come back again and give us another chance to show your the true St. Regis standard of service excellence.
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Last minute reservation provided a beautiful room at a great price for a luxury 5 star hotel. Very well located for antique shopping, galleries and the Galleria mall which has a Neimans etc.The front door staff were excellent as were the front desk check in people. parking is expensive but no more than any other place and they valet and treat you very well. Lobby decor is beautiful and very current and generally tasteful. The room was extremely comfortable and the bed heavenly. Everything was very very clean and fresh and well appointed. The Remington Lounge was very nice and they had a nice band playing with good dance music. The only draw back was the not so high-end 60 something divorce crowd trying to score. They all just looked out of place but them again maybe we looked out of place.We ignored them and just had a good time dancing which was nice because when we sere done we just went up to our room.

Room Tip: Ask for weekend rate.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so very much for sharing your recent experience at our Hotel; it is always a pleasure to hear from one of our guests after their departure as to how much they enjoyed the hotel.

I hope that you will be back to see us again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The St. Regis Houston is definitely up the expected standard of the luxury. It is a very nice hotel well located in Houston. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and I felt well taken care of. The valets knew me right away and were very friendly.

Room Tip: I only stayed on south facing side but I would assume it would be a little quieter than the other si...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Your comments regarding our Hotel, the best address in Houston, are very much appreciated.
We look forward to being of assistance to you again soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The St. Regis is one of my favorite stays in Houston. The smaller size of this hotel (~300 rooms) allows the staff to provide an exceptional level of service. I'm always made to feel very welcome at the St. Regis Houston.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Your wonderful comments about our Hotel are very much appreciated, especially from a frequent guest.

Thank you for recognizing us as the best address in Houston and we look forward to being of assistance many times in the coming years.

Been to The St. Regis Houston? Share your experiences!