“An Oasis in the Galleria Area” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #39 of 457 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Beaumont, Texas
“An Oasis in the Galleria Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The St. Regis is one of our personal favorites in Houston. The location is ideally suited for access to the Galleria and the Highland Village shopping areas yet set back on a quiet street.
The staff is welcoming and helpful in every way. The rooms are well appointed and include the amenities you would expect from this caliber hotel. The bed was comfortable and conducive to a good night's sleep. Room service was prompt and the food was good. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north or west sides are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
As a repeat guest of the Hotel, it is a pleasure to read your wonderful impressions of the
appointments and our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at the St. Regis on my wedding night May 4. WOW! The St. Regis was completely worth it. The congeries were extremely helpful leading up to my stay. I wanted everything to go as perfectly and smoothly as possible for my honeymoon night, and the congeries and the rest of the staff were just amazing. I used them to book my limo and a car to take me to the airport at 3:00am. Such a wonderful experience. My bride cried when she saw how amazing the Astor St. Regis suite was. Having a doorbell, that's awesome! Having the staff answer the phone "Yes sir Mr. Henderson/ma'am Mrs. Henderson how can I help you" that takes the cake. They are 5 star for their level of service. Food was delicious, room - well it was a Suite - so of course wonderful. The bed and pillows were so soft, I wish I could just take their pillow and sheets for my own. The staff - Tim, Daniel, Michael, Amy were great. Tristian and Micah were excellent.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, the suites are worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We were so pleased to read that we were your choice for the very special occasion as your honeymoon and thank you for sharing your impressions on the accommodations, service as well as great food.

It was our staff's pleasure to assist in making your arrangements and thank you for recognizing particular associates.

Please come back to see us again soon, perhaps for your first anniversary!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is the hotel where I spent my first evening as a bride, but back then it was owned by a different well known luxury hotel chain. So imagine my delight when I returned (many,many years later) and found it still as dreamy as before. Luxury linens, high thread count sheets, spa, fine dining, and outdoor pool still as lovely as before. I highly recommend these accommodations when visiting the city of Houston. Located near the Galleria and other fine shopping and dining. Yet it feels worlds away when laying by the pool or getting pampered at the spa!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Wow! Thank you for choosing to come back to spend your anniversary at the St. Regis Houston, the same location that you spent your honeymoon.

We are so pleased to read that you found everything to be just as special as it was those few years ago. Yes, the hotel is well located and yet quiet close to the exclusive River Oaks neighborhood.

Please come back again for your next anniversary.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here at the St. Regis for 2 nights, which one was our wedding night. I live here in Houston, so was looking for a nice hotel in the area of our wedding festivities (Galleria). Was not in the hotel all that much, but wanted to provide my feedback from what I did experience. Overal I will say that it was a very nice stay and hard to find any major faults.

Pros:
1. Did not purchase the room directly through the hotel, but they unexpectedly and kindly provided complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and couple glass bottles of natural spring water.
2. We very accomodating and provided early check-in and late check-out.
3. Rooms were nicely appointed and the bed very comfortable. Slept like a baby!
4. Front desk and valet service was friendly and attentive. Called early the week of our stay to confirm reservation and the girl I talked to on the phone was extremely friendly and informative,
5. Free coffee and tea downstairs each morning.

Con's:
1. Though the location is close in proximity to the galleria, dont let that fool you. Every time I had to get to the Galleria area (approx 1.5 miles), it took 15 min or so due to the construction in front of the hotel and the heavy traffic that comes with the area.
2. The wallpaper in the bathroom seemed dated, and to be honest appeared dirty, like the walls had not been cleaned or wiped down in quite some time.

As a final note, I have heard the afternoon tea is a great experience and the sconces are just awesome. I had tried to book a table for the day before our wedding, but unfortunately no reservations were available. Lucky for me, I live here in Houston, so can try again. My advise is to call atleast a week or two in advance to make a reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Houston for such a special occasion as your honeymoon and for sharing your experience with us.

Yes, our associates are wonderful and pride themselves on providing indelible memories for our guests, such as the amenities you received.

Please come back to see us again soon, perhaps for your first anniversary.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Overall, this isn't a bad property, but my opinion is that the service does not align to my expectations for a property of this type. The amenities in the room are on par with the Sheraton Suites on the other side of the highway, albeit marginally better due to a particularly well stocked minibar and a Bose wave radio in the room. It was notable to me that to get coffee in the morning, it is necessary to order room service or visit the lobby.

I regularly stay at other Starwood properties, but there was a particularly good online deal for the St. Regis that I came across while planning a trip to Houston, so I decided to give it a try.

As I pointed out above, I wasn't impressed by the service. Nobody offered to carry my bags, though this wasn't a huge issue for me because I tend to travel light. I was unfamiliar with the butler amenity, but when I called them the evening prior, they told me that they do bring coffee in the morning (no coffee maker in the room). When I did try to get coffee in the morning from the butler service, the person on the line cut me off and asked to transfer me to room service, but failed to do so properly, leaving me with a dead line. When I called room service directly (which styles itself as "private dining"), they told me that it could take upwards of about 30 minutes to get coffee. I caved and ordered, but it certainly interrupted the flow of my morning.

There are many little details that I appreciated about the property, including 12 year Macallan in the minibar, postcards in the desk, well-weighted pens, a tv with an HDMI port, perfectly roasted coffee when it did arrive, chocolates on the pillow, and many other such things. But the service? Not so much.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
StRegisHouston, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing some observations following your stay at the St. Regis Houston recently and for recognizing the extra touches in our guest rooms.

Yes, part of the butler services is complimentary coffee or tea in the morning with your wake-up call and yes, we do provide complimentary coffee in the lobby every morning; we do not have
coffee makers in the guest rooms.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed spent two enjoyable nights at the St. Regis. Great location and a very nice, quiet property. The rooms are comfortable and large for a city hotel. The common areas are well kept, the pool is beautiful and the staff is courteous and prompt. Everything you would expect from a St. Regis. However, there was a minor issue or two (late room cleaning, bad table service at the hotel bar). That being said, while not as luxurious as some high end hotels, the St. Regis is extremely nice and can't be beat for the price which is far below what one would expect to pay for a high end city hotel.

Room Tip: Huge rooms. Comfortable bed. Really can't go wrong.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
The St. Regis Houston is located close the Galleria and easy access to the major thoroughfares.

Thank you for recognizing the wonderful large guest rooms and our associates who pride
themselves on taking great care of the property.

Please come back again soon to see us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My only regret is that we only booked one night here on the way back from a cruise! The property is gorgeous and the amenities are A+ The king bed room was large enough that it had a full size chaise lounge at the end of the bed, a huge desk loaded with everything you would need to work AND a conference/reading area with 2 chairs and a table! There was no balcony which was a tad disappointing, but otherwise you could not ask for a cleaner, more well appointed room! The soaking tub in the bright marble trimmed bathroom was perfect! We ate in the restaurant bar and the food was very good. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, trying to do whatever they could for you! Since it was a Sat. night they have live music which was great. During the day we wanted to see the Galleria Mall. The hotel has a town car and driver available that will take you to the sights and back! That was great! I understand this is a pricey choice, but if you want a 5 star hotel that really is 5 star...stay at the St. Regis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Was so glad to read thar you chose the St. Regis Houston for your brief stay following a cruise.
Thank you so much for the compliments on the guest room appointments, our associates, the food, etc. Please think of us the next time you plan a trip to Houston.

Been to The St. Regis Houston? Share your experiences!