“Can't Go Wrong For The Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/IAH Airport

You added Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/IAH Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/IAH Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Ronan Park Place, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly "AmeriSuites")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Movie Package
Ranked #225 of 457 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Can't Go Wrong For The Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

For the price one can’t go wrong. I arrived around 9am which was too early to get checked into my room. They offered me a twin bedded room instead of the king I had booked unless I wanted to wait until the normal check in time. I gladly accepted this offer as I wanted to get cleaned up as I was meeting with a friend at 10am.

The food at the café is available 24 hours. The flatbreads make for a good meal as there is little else in the area. The service was professional all the time. However arriving at the hotel the taxi driver could not get a response from the intercom and the gardener had to let us in. There was an entry on the other side of the block which we were unaware of. The Wi-Fi also dropped out in the evening and was very sluggish in the morning. I know it was a very good price for the room but if something is advertised it should at least be working properly. The business centre made a good substitute though. You could also hear what I assume to be the water pipes from the next room as they were showering. The fridge also liked to make quite a bit of noise. I would still say that this is a good hotel for anyone on a budget.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is very basic.

When we got there, there was a group checking in. The assistant manager was doing the transaction, clearly overwhelmed by what was going on.

We were disappointed that the hotel was 30 minutes from IAH.

We booked a triple room with 2 huge bed and a sofa bed.

The shower was the best part of the room. The beds were comfortable but the sofa bed was not.

We also found a few towels on the floor when we opened up the sofa bed.

Breakfast was included, but it was very limited, ended way too early and there was nowhere to sit, only a couple of tables.

The bar/coffee shop was run by the same people who ran the check in desk, so it was difficult to get anything.

We ordered some room service and it took 1 1/2 hour to get some really disgusting chili that was inedible.

Not my first choice if I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hyatt while in Houston for an event. I used points so my review is in consideration for the fact that I didn't pay for my overnight stay.

What I liked, employees were very friendly and were welcoming at check-in. Their breakfast service which is a buffet included, were great with lots of variety and some healthy choices. The room was a decent size with a sitting area, desk and small fridge.

What I didn't like. There was plenty of noise most of the night, this was the week-end of the NBA All Star game so not sure if this made a difference but some of the guests on my floor didn't realize they weren't at home anymore or thought the rest of the guests wanted to share their party and insightful commentary until the wee hours of the morning with the rest of the guests and no sign of hotel mgmt to try and put this to 'rest'. Also, every time the folks around us used their toilet or sink we got to hear the water in our room. The only other thing I found unusual was that the hotel has a fence around it and you need to buzz the front desk to get your car in ... which did not inspire my sense of safety.

Anyway, we made it thru the night with a few hours of sleep, got our free breakfast and headed out.

I think you can stay there if it is on points or inexpensive and it is only for a night or so.

PS, the Saltgrass Steakhouse about 10 min up the Interstate is a good choice for dinner.

TB

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and a higher floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 1 night prior to a cruise out of Galveston. We were given a corner suite that was roomy and comfortable. Free Wi Fi is a nice benefit! My wife had to pick up supplies for our cruise and the shuttle driver, Barry drove her to the store and was going to wait for her but he got a call to pick someone up at the airport. He called the hotel and Mike the Manager picked her up! UNBELIEVABLE level of service! Barry was very personable and we really enjoyed chatting with him on the ride. Both Barry and Mike went WAY beyond the call of duty and they made our visit truly memorable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Checked in for 4 days along with a group. First night, after a international flight, so tired, just want to take a shower and go to bed. There was dirty towels on the ground of the shower, to tired to complain, so crash out on bed. Next morning, took a good look around, basically they gave me a room that had not been cleaned. Soap and shampoo used, trash still in trash cbackwoods crumb all over table. Informed manager, she said sorry..... Right. Asked for a wake up call for my 7am flight, glad that I set my own alarm because there was no call. Free wireless that is slow or no signal unless it's early morning or late at night .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cedar Hill, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a convention and by the time I signed up for the convention, all the local hotels were full. Since this was an airport hotel - I felt that it wasn't that big a deal - I could drive downtown for the convention and when the convention was over, I'd at least be close to the airport.
The hotel is not that close to the airport. So, if that is your real point in a reservation - I would suggest choosing something else that's closer.
On the other hand, the hotel is a good Hyatt Place with all of the things you'd expect.
Wi-Fi was good, breakfast selections were good, the room is like all other Hyatt Places and the staff at the desk are friendly and responsive.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice maker, elevator and doors at the end of the hall if possible.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cave Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Returning from Puerto Vallarta and connected in Houston on 2/15/13. The nighmare begins! Customs was absolutely HORRIBLE! Over a thousand people in line and only six Customs gates open. Needless to say, after dealing with that mess for over 2 hours, we missed our flight home which also happened to be the last flight. The airline would NOT help us so my husband called all over town to find us a room for the night. This was very challenging because the NBA All Stars event was going on and hotels everywhere were booked. My husband travels frequently and he likes to stay at Hyatt Place properties so he called here. They said they were full until he said he was a gold pass member. They had a room for us and could send the shuttle to the airport to pick us up. Sigh of relief! The shuttle driver was SOOOO nice and she told us to make sure to sign up for the shuttle back to the airport when we check in. It's about a 20 minute ride. We were greeted with a smile and check in was easy. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable. We were exhausted from the horrible leg of our trip and we were very hungry. There is a cajun/seafood restaurant next door to this property but we were too tired and wanted a quick bite. So very happy that we were able to sit at the bar downstairs, have a couple beers, an appetizer and sandwich. I got the personal pizza which was pretty awful but the chips and dip and my husband's sandwich were good. The bill for 2 beers each, the food and tip was about $60. After we ate, we went to bed and slept like babies. Our room was directly across from the elevator but that didn't bother our sleep. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. I was very impressed with the hospitality and kindness of each and every employee we encountered here. Thank you all for making out horrible day a little bit better! Definitely recommend this hotel if you're in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: May want to join their rewards program.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Houston/Greenspoint/IAH Airport? Share your experiences!