“Good property, marginal location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #66 of 456 Hotels in Houston
US
“Good property, marginal location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Close to Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport. 15 Minute van ride. Van is shared by the nearby Hilton. Stops running at midnight. Right next to the highway and the rooms have a small amount of noise fom the highway. Older style airconditioning was slightly noisy, but kept the room cool. Rooms have been renovated and are in good condition. Bathrooms are small, but functional. Front desk staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast buffet was very good with a wide selection of food. Fitness centre and pool was clean and very well equipped. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a very unique stay. Check in was smooth, I had our key cards in about 2 minutes. The hotel wasn't over whelming, but it was very functional. Our rooms didn't sparkle, but they were clean. Requests for extra towels were taken care of expeditiously.They need to get someone to keep the front entrance clean. Here is where it gets unique or odd. We were in town for the AAU National Jr Olympics and we booked this hotel for a 4 night stay. I used my points for 1 night, my wife's points for 2 nights, and we paid the negotiated AAU price for our final night. . After getting back to the hotel after the first night, we tried our key card to access the elevator, and low and behold the cards didn't work. We went to the desk to let them know that cards would not work. We were told that we had checked out and the cards had been deactivated. The young lady saw that we were booked for 4 nights and re activated our cards. After the third night, we get back to the hotel and tried our key cards on the elevator and again were denied access. We head back over to the front desk and the young man at the desk informs us that our cards were deactivated because our 4 night stay was broken down into 3 reservations, 1 for my points, 1 for my wife's points, and 1 for the night that we were paying for. They were deactivating our cards, because we were required to check back in each day. We were told that is how their system works and there were no apologies. And finally on the morning that we DID check out, our rate was double what it should have been. After speaking with the night auditor, I was informed that the rate was correct, because according to his computer,I booked an checked into the hotel on yesterday. I needed to have booked my room 3 days ago. I explained that I booked our room 3 months ago and that I have been a guest in the hotel for the last 4 nights, and again he tells me that his computer says.....I was told that someone would call me in the next twelve hours to straightened this out. That call never came, but when the charge came through, it was the correct rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband got us this room on Priceline for $40. It was a fantastic deal. The hotel was clean, bed was comfortable, and we were close to the airport for our 5:20 am flight.

We did go for a quick dip in the hot tub. The pool area was clean and it was a relaxing end to our day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you have a flight to catch or for a longer stay. The beds were extremely comfortable!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I had a very short layover in Houston - check-in after midnight for an early morning flight out of IAH. So, I didn't get to try out any of the amenities of this hotel. But I can say that it's a solid airport hotel. Beds were comfortable. Air conditioner was a bit loud, but not terrible. Bathroom was small, but adequate.

Getting on the shuttle in the morning was, in my mind, the biggest issue with this hotel. There wasn't enough room and 1 person waiting was not able to get on. I would hope that the hotel has a back-up plan if this happens, but I would plan to be waiting outside some time before the shuttle arrives just in case.

Overall, a standard airport hotel. I would stay here again, but would just be cautious about the shuttle situation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here two nights for a business trip. Staff were friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Had breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. Food and service were good. No complaints. My only reason for staying at this location is to be close to business meetings. This is not the best area of Houston. It is quite close to the airport and I believe the hotel has shuttle services.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is a pretty standard Marriott hotel. The lobby has been remodeled and upgraded. The rooms are comfortable with a great bed. They have the updated TV and work area. The concierge lounge food was below par for a Marriott. It is only a few miles from the airport so it was easier than staying downtown for an early morning flight. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jane H, Manager at Houston Marriott North, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Cubfaninco,

Thank you for your review! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our recently revitalized hotel. One of my favorite parts of the update is that we now offer true HD television service in all of our guestrooms. I sincerely appreciate the feedback about the food in the concierge lounge. Your comments are the best tool that we have to succeed. I trust that we will meet or exceed your expectations on your next stay!
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is close to airport, features a wonderful DEN restaurant for b,l,d and a full bar. The rooms are beautifully decorated with heavenly upgrades not found in my other hotels in my Houston stay. The staff is what will make me stay here exclusively. The DEN staff are fabulous! Warm, gracious and attentive. Housekeeping kept my room freshly and tidy without excessive noise bright and early.

Room Tip: I was on 5th floor and couldn't hear neighbors or those above !!