“Do It Yourself America” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249

You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16939 Tomball Parkway, Houston, TX 77064 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #237 of 457 Hotels in Houston
San Diego, California
“Do It Yourself America”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed 6 nights and in that entire time a maid did not enter the room. Although it had a full kitchen, there was not a glass or plate in it, so I sent my husband downstairs and he came back lugging 3 huge plastic boxes of stuff so that we could fill our cupboards and get a coffeemaker. But guess what? The coffeemaker didn't come with coffee so I had to go downstairs for another "Mother May I" event. No hairdryer comes in the 3 bins so that required another trip downstairs the next morning. We had to take out our own trash, go downstairs with our wet towels and swap them out, and we found ourselves rationing our soap and TP to avoid another trip downstairs. The walls were so thin we actually heard a phone vibrating in another room and you got to experience all your immediate neighbors plumbing needs quite intimately. I would definitely recommend that you pass on this experience and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you had to go downstairs numerous times. To prevent this from happening again, I will work with my team to ensure that they communicate all of the available options.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at hwb@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town. ​

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cross Roads, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

First off, not clean or updated. Large burn marks on kitchen floor. 2 plastic hangers in closet. Not one kitchen utensil. Had to go to desk to obtain anything including toilet tissue. We stayed 5 nights, no maid service unless you stay a week???? Not a cheap hotel rack rate in high $80s. Per night.
Towels like sandpaper, and you have to turn in your dirty towels at front desk to get clean ones.
I complained to girl at front desk generally, and was told everyone complains.
I DONT KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULD STAY AT THIS PLACE, OR ANY EXTENDED STAY AMERICA, WHEN THERE ARE MANY MUCH BETTER CHOICES AT SIMILAR PRICES. I travel all over the world, by far the WORST AMENITIES IVE EVER EXPERIENCED

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else😝
Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We sincerely apologize that our amenities did not meet your expectation. As well, I am sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay. I will be reviewing your comments with our team to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

I live in the area (Houston) but my husband, 2 dogs, and I had to find a place to stay while we were having some remodeling and construction completed on our home. I travel frequently as part of my job and I can honestly say that staying here felt like a home away from home. The accommodations were nice and the environment was pleasant enough, but what really made the difference was the staff. The people working for this location went above and beyond to make sure not only my husband and I were comfortable, but that my dogs (my babies) were comfortable too. I have to say that specifically the front desk personnel, Xionara and Diana, went out of their way to ensure my happiness, safety, and just make the overall transition from home to hotel a very enjoyable one. I would most definitely recommend this extended stay america- willowbrook - HWY 249 - Houston, to any of my friends and family. In fact, most of my family lives out of town and will be coming to Houston for the holidays. They already plan to stay here. So thanks so much to everyone involved in making my family's stay a great one!

Room Tip: The only tip I have for travelers would be that if you have pets that you need to walk, try to get a...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt our hotel was like a home away from home. It is so great to read that you received such excellent service from our staff and that they went above and beyond to ensure that you and your husband were comfortable. It is so great to know that you will recommend our hotel to friends and family. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Winnsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

The Staff At this motel are as good as they get always smiles from management too housekeeping.They have security at night so no probs in parking lot.They are far enough off 249 so you don't hear traffic at night and close enough too easy acess.Everything in room worked too prefection. All and All they made me feel like part of their family and that helps when you are away from home for weeks at a time thanks everyone at extended stay Willowbrook. James Spicer

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Staff was very helpful. Room seemed very tired like (10 years old) and i found cock roach in my tub. Maid staff was very friendly, helpful, this place needs an upgrade. I won't be staying here again. thank you

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
New Hudson, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel last minute for two nights during our stay in Houston. I paid way less than the advertised price through Priceline, and truly got the short end of the stick with this "deal." We were driving in from Detroit and ran into issues with our car, so I called ahead to make sure they would keep our reservation. The lady on the phone was less than willing to help and promised to call me back to confirm our status. I waited 7 hours (I had called at 8 am, expecting to check in around 10 pm) but never heard from her. In fact, she never contacted me. My boyfriend then called and the girl on the phone assured him it would be fine. When we showed up, the room seemed fine at first. Nothing extravagant, a little outdated, but right for the $45/night I paid. I hopped in the shower and noticed mold all along the caulk. It was so late that it wasn't worth calling anyone, so I grabbed a towel and was disgusted to see hair and stains on the towels. I'm not sure if they even bothered to clean between guests, but they certainly didn't bother stopping by my room between the two nights. We woke up the second day covered in itchy bites and got the heck out. It would have been fine if someone bothered cleaning, but this was just gross. The walls had a few light stains and the breakfast was a joke (coffee and instant oatmeal). Not worth the bug bites and sketchy location for the price.

Also, one review mentioned the nightclub across the road. Just a heads up, it's not exactly a night club... You have to drive through several adult attractions to reach the hotel. In fact, the hotel is right behind an adult novelty store with very revealing displays. Both nights there was a cop sitting in the parking lot, but I'll let you draw conclusions on that one.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I been staying in extended stay for business since February of 2014 on and off, had a pleasant experience until couple of month ago we checked in early at 3am hoping if our room ready we get in, I have a one year old, so the midnight shift recognize us & was happy to see us again, we got happier that she allowed us to check in earlier, she told us they will be no charge and give us a paper to sign that has $0 charge. Next morning the Manager Diana called my husband upset that we checked inn early & want to charge us $94 for the 6hour we stayed in, she was rude from what my husband mentioned than he talked to Esmeralda & she was even worst as she said: we do not offer free nights & Priceline guest are not our top priority, we got very very sad about the poor treatment & the attitude, & she told us if we don't pay we leave immediately, that was shocking for us, than we called Nancy the regional manager and she never give a dum about the fact we are a return customer & made exception specially when is the stuff miscommunication, so customer shouldn't be going trough this, we are promised early check inn with no charge, than they backed up there word. Nancy offered that we either pay half of the price or go. I was very sad about the unfairness of the suff, also they was a customer just checked inn & smells biotank in here room & they decided to leave so Diana was also giving them hard time & they were upset, the whole time my husband was calm talking to them until I saw no fair results & I jumped in and told Diana since she was the one causing us the issues & her bosses backing her up with no logic of business or whatsoever, just not professional at all treating customer like 3 class citizens, so I let here know that America is for advanced people, we moving this country forward but
by having people like yourself
We are moving it backward.
So we got kicked out & stayed in other extended stay.
2month passed until yesterday, after 6h drive, our work is next to the same hotel again willowbrook 249, so I told my husband lets just book here is closer to work, was a bad idea because I walked inn and Esmeralda approached me & said I remember you, you can't stay here, I replied its business & I have no problem with extended stay just Diana & you guys have personal issues but this business, would it help if I apologize it's just business for us & I don't mind being the better person, She said she worked for us for 6 years & really doesn't like you guys. let me call my boss, I replied no thanks

Anyway so sad when management abuse there power & mess treat customer to back up there employee that were wrong. I hope one day Diana, Esmeralda & Nancy get to walk in our shoes & see how it feels, I really believe in karma, my daughter my husband & I suffered huge stress from this experience, & we are great guest everywhere we go, we care about leaving a good foot print but this time this people do my family wrong & they got away with it.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249? Share your experiences!