You added Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249 to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16939 Tomball Parkway, Houston, TX 77064 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #235 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Point, Texas
“It's a Bed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

A/C, TV, and toilet were broken in our first room. Rooms WERE clean. Bed not very comfortable. My kids ended up sleeping on the floor because they had not double, non-smoking rooms (even though that's what we paid for) and they had no roll away beds. They coffee pots for the continental breakfast all suddenly broke on the same morning. Really? Hard to find. Harder to navigate around. Unhelpful staff. Had to ASK for everything that should have just been in the room. If you just need a place to sleep and nothing more, this place would be fine, I guess.

Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I’m glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms. However, I’m disheartened to learn that you dealt with several maintenance issues during stay. I will meet with our entire staff to review our housekeeping procedures including our maintenance policies.

Thank you for the feedback. I do hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brisbane
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Located on a service road adjoining Hwy 249, it's situated 15 minutes from the Premium outlets. Rather noisy laying off the Fwy but certainly convenient to a mall, steakhouse, bar, cinema and the like. Self contained kitchenette with basic accompaniments, clean linen, double bed, dated and worn, but certainly functional. Carry your cell/mobile with you as it seems that one is unable to make a call overseas without booking a call or without operator assistance. Again, functional and serves a purpose for the traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room as the floors above are noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location and your room. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just stayed at Ext. Stay Amr. Willowbrook HWY, my second stay with extended stay Amr. It was good and just as expected. All amenities were there, very hot water in shower, even they had a dish washing liquid and washing sponge. Flat screen TV, good bed, kitchen. Room not crystal clean but what do you expect for the price. Note no salt to cook with, so get your own in McDonalds. The location is fine if you dont need to be near downtown, also close to Willowbrook mall and Walmart is not far too, so easy to buy food. The personnel was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I will have to say that my first experience at Extended Stay America has not been most pleasant. They had boiler problems going on for my four days staying here and I had to call them every time I wanted to shower to get the hot water back on. Seriously??? No hot water for $100 per day?? I can pretty much tolerate things in a motel as most guests do not but something simple like hot water..well it was ridiculous. When I complained to the front desk they told me I could check out and go to another Extended Stay. Now that would have made sense except here in Houston, Texas on this day, it is actually a wintry mix and we have a travel advisory and there is ice in the parking lot and all over the cars. I do not think it was wise of her to suggest I travel the roads. How about just fixing the boiler issue? Not too many guests staying here and it most likely is because of that. My company paid for three out of four nights. The one night I paid with my own money and I am a single woman on a budget and desire a refund. They did not post any warnings on our doors concerning the hot water going out which I thought was poor customer service. I also had a broken peephole so I couldnt look out my door and there is no security or cameras. But I tolerated that because I have not had a security issue.

If I stay at an extended stay, it may be at another Extended Stay but not this one. Not to mention there is a strip club, a bikini bar and a sexually oriented lingerie business close to the motel. Although it is very convenient to the freeway and a shopping mall.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in August 2013. Staffer named jivonnie was one of the friendliest guys and very helpful. Room was clean and spacious. We booked over Priceline and got the room on a Friday night for $40. Close to restaurants and fun stuff to do. Free grab and go breakfast. We got a king room originally but asked for one with two beds and the request was accommodated immediately. Very pleased :)

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our employee, Jovannie, was friendly and so helpful during your stay. Also, it is great to know that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room as well as our hotels location.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My stay at the Extended Stay America was by far the best stay out of all the other hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was magnificently friendly and helpfull. They would greet me every single day and would ask me how my stay was going and if they could do anything to make it better. In the morning I was greeted my a nice lady named Daisy who would help me with directions to where I needed to go, in the evening I was greeting by a gentleman named Jovannie who was incredibly nice and had a prowess of costumer service skills. Jovannie even helped me fix my computer when it was having problems, He is a great employee and I personally believe both Daisy and Jovannie should get promotions! The room was clean, the CLC rate was low, the internet was great! Overall I will stay in the hotel whenever I come to Houston again. The only thing I believe the hotel should upgrade to are nonstick pots and pans because when I tried to make food, almost everything would stick to the bottom, and to get their water filters changed for the faucets. Ohh, also they should get a petting zoo. I like animals. Thank you for your time and patience. Have a great day!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Oscar - Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I was delighted to read your comments about the great customer service our staff provided to you and about how much you enjoyed your clean room. As well, I am glad to hear that the WiFi was great; however, I’m really sorry about the pots and pans and the water filters. We will definitely keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements in these areas.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I will definitely be sharing your review with all members of my team with my thanks for another job well done.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Beware and think carefully before staying here. There are much better hotels to stay in this area. First thing first is the service. The staff were courteous but not welcoming. Then I discovered only after I settled into my room that rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis. At first I was a bit bothered by this but.settled down once I found that I could come to the front and get clean towels when I need them (you have to come and get them by the way). However, when I was ready for bed, I removed the covers to find crumbs and stains on the sheets! And there was nothing I could do at that moment because I checked into the hotel pretty late and the front desk closed soon after. The next morning I went to the front desk to report this issue and was told the linens cannot be changed out for 2 days unless I want to change the linens myself. I agreed because the sheets were disgusting, but them I was told I would have to wait till the evening when the linens were clean... I once again agreed. So I was left to change my sheets at a hotel which is something i've never dealt with before. However, the worst experience was the bugs. Yes bugs! On the sheets, in the kitchen, inside the lamps! My boyfriend and I were so grossed out, we could not sleep our last night in our room. When we reported the issue, the front desk staff brushed off the comment as though it was not a big deal. So as a result, I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. I've stayed at other extended stay locations and did not have a single issue. But this stay has to be the worst experience I've had at a hotel in my entire life. For the rate of this place I expect a much better service (such as changing my sheets regularly).

fyi: the breakfast is not actual breakfast. Just a shelf with granola bars, muffins and coffee.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Willowbrook - HWY 249? Share your experiences!