“Excellent restaurant choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
1510 Texas St, Houston, TX 77002-3626 (Downtown)
713-228-1111
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 6,949 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: La Branch
McGregor, Texas
“Excellent restaurant choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Visited this restaurant on a busy Friday evening in early November. We were delayed about 15 minutes from our reservations, from called them and there was no problem, we were seated immediately. The staff, food, and atmosphere was great. The four of us were seated next to a large party and could not hear well at times, but other than the boisterous ones at the next table, everything was wonderful.

Houston, Texas
“Restaurant is what you would expect, but the bar is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Vic and Anthony's is consistently excellent in food qualiy, service and decor, but my visit to the bar last night was delightful. They also had something very hard to find anyway-live Jazz music and a singer-how Vegas; and they were great.
The highlight was watching the choreography behind the packed bar and lounge. The 2 bartenders Mike and Gonzalo, along with Job, were a brilliant sea of activity and efficiency. They also had generous wine pours and mixed a great manhatten.
Cudos to the bar staff.

“Great dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We celebrated my birthday here. It was our second visit. Excellent meal and service. Huge portions. The side dishes are generous enough to share. The duck fat potatoes were delicious. Our steaks were super tender and juicy. Excellent flavor. The creamed spinach was not as good as Ruth Chris, but not bad. Really extensive wine list, very expensive. We could not get reservation at a time that suited us, so we opted to take our chances as walk ins. We were able to sit in the lounge and order from the full menu. This worked out great because there was a jazz trio playing. We will probably do the same on our next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huffman, Texas
“Dinner for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I decided to try Vic & Anthony's out after a recommendation from the hotel we were staying at. We had reservations for 8:15 and arrived about 45 minutes early. We asked to wait in the lounge and were shown where to go. They had live music, usually not my taste in genre, but was rather pleasant. We each had a couple of drinks (the best Moscato di' asti I've had in a while), and were seated to our table about 20 minutes before our reservation time. My husband said that the drinks were nice and strong (I only had wine) and we were served a dish of warm assorted nuts, even they were amazing!
They sat us at a roomy corner booth which made our romantic dinner a little more intimate rather than a table in the middle of the dining room. Our waiter was prompt, helpful, and very friendly. He was very knowledgable of the menu and answered all of our questions.
I read rave reviews on their jumbo lump crab cakes and decided to order that as an appetizer. I was not dissapointed! It was amazing! My husband ordered the calamari which was also very good. We shared the baked potato and broccoli as our sides which are pretty basic, its hard to mess up on a baked potato! The broccoli was a bit undercooked for my taste, but I prefer mine overcooked. I ordered the filet mignon which was pure, melt in my mouth deliciousness!!!! It was perfectly cooked and flavored! My husband ordered the porter house and was very pleased as well! We skipped dessert since we were absolutely stuffed from dinner.
It was a pretty pricey meal, but absolutely worth every dime! I can't wait to make up a "special occassion" so we can go back!

houston, texas
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This steakhouse is located right across the street from the Ballpark in downtown Houston. It has valet parking, a bar with live music and the required lobster tank by the front door. Since it is primarily a business/expense account crowd it can tend to be loud, ask for a booth if you want a bit of privacy. The service is generally excellent, as is the food. For a steakhouse it also has some excellent fish dishes. Pricey.

• Visited October 2013