“Brian made our night!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
1510 Texas St, Houston, TX 77002-3626 (Downtown)
713-228-1111
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 6,990 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: La Branch
Detroit, Michigan
“Brian made our night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Vic and Anthony's is top notch. We were in Houston for medical reasons, at MD Anderson. We wanted a nice dinner, and someone recommended Vic and Anthony's. We had had a VERY rough day, and to make matters worse, got caught in a downpour on the way into the restaurant, with no umbrella. We were soaked, tired, crabby, and looked a mess!!! Brian, our waiter, picked up on this immediately, got me some napkins to dry off, and took SUPERB care of us the entire night. His recommendations were right on, his service was fantastic. He did his best to get us to laugh a bit, and was very personable. The restaurant is gorgeous on the inside, looks brand new and spotless. Great atmosphere.

Lobster bisque and french onion soup very good. Filet was cooked spot on and delicious. Veal Milanese was HUGE, very good, but could have used a bit of sauce. I am sure if I had asked, I would have received some in an instant, I was just tired! Key Lime pie also wonderful. Had plenty of left overs to take home, good size portions.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sugar Land, TX
“Excellent Food & Birthday Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went here for my birthday and enjoyed the evening very much. I tried the sea bass and it was wonderful. My son had the Prime Strip and he said it was very good, it was a very large strip (14 ounces but looked even bigger). We sat in the side room by the kitchen bar and it was very quiet as compared to the main room. So if you want quiet, give that a try. I also enjoy sitting in the main room as it has more energy, so depending on what you are looking for, you have choices here. I booked my reservation on Open Table on the same day as my visit and had no problems with reservations. Service was really good. V&As is also very consistent.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“SO crowded it became uncomfortable...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very nice place, quite a good service, nice food and amazing wine list; unfortunately it was SO crowded it became uncomfortable and stressing... not sure if crowded is V&A's business as usual but still they should improve their reservation management, I had to wait for about 40 minutes even with a valid reservation.... if it had been not so crowded it would had been such a great experience.... yet I might give it a second chance....

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Surprisingly good pasta for a steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I enjoyed a delicious shrimp and pasta dish. Everyone I dined with really enjoyed their dish. We were thrilled with the wonderful wine list.

Visited November 2012
Pearland, Texas
“What a Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This atmosphere is just fabulous, the steak was to die for and the wine was just perfect, this is must visit for a special occassion

Visited September 2012