“A Super Aniversary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
1510 Texas St, Houston, TX 77002-3626 (Downtown)
713-228-1111
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: La Branch
houston
“A Super Aniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our aniversary by going to Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse in Houston, Texas. We have lived in Houston many years and have heard of this restaurant from friends and family for years, but we never went. I know now why people rave about it. The food is divine and the service was excellent. We will be back.

• Visited September 2011

Baton Rouge
“Nice and not-so-nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

Overall, I'm not impressed. My first complaint: we were told "jacket and tie preferred, but at least a jacket." after trudging around downtown with a hot jacket, we arrived to find the bar full of people in shorts and t-shirts. Shorts apparently allowed in the dining room, but casual dress shirts were the norm. We were some of the very few in jackets. If you're going to have a dress code, please enforce it.

Drinks at the bar were weak.. Could even taste it.

We were seated 20 minutes after our reservation time. I understand that reservation times aren't hard and fast, but for the money, this was too long a wait.

The restaurant was incredibly noisy: we were almost shouting to be heard.

Crab Cakes were great, lobster bisque nic, but the steaks were over-seasoned. Great cuts of meat, but I just didn't like what they did to them.

Service was good, but not incredibly attentive.

Overall, not really bad, but for a $200.00 meal for two, they just should have been much better in many areas.

I'd go back, if it was a slow night & I could expect more from them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“One of the top steakhouses in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011 via mobile

Went there again last night to celebrate our daughters 25 birthday and we were again impressed by the service and the quality of the food. I had the bone in ribeye cooked med rare plus and it was perfect. Best steak I ever ate. I highly recommend the steak tartare appetizer and a bottle of there pink sparking wine (champaign). For dessert the bread pudding is simply awesome. Of course all this quality does not come cheap. But it is worth it. Two bottles of champaign, 1 appetizer, 2 desserts, 4 main courses and 4 sides, for four people was just shy of 5 bills.

Enid, Oklahoma
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

One of the best steak i have had in years! The atmosphere was great, food was great, staff were great.

We had a business dinner and we were able to have conversation.

• Visited July 2011
Orange, CA
“Best steak and service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Vic and Anothony's, near the Houston Astro's stadium last week. We've been to some good steakhouses through the years, but nothing compares to this place! It was beautiful, had great service and fantastic food. I've never experienced such a flavorful steak in my life! Expensive but worth it.

• Visited July 2011