“Nice and not-so-nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse

Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse
1510 Texas St, Houston, TX 77002-3626 (Downtown)
713-228-1111
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vic & Anthony's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 6,949 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: La Branch
Baton Rouge
“Nice and not-so-nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Overall, I'm not impressed. My first complaint: we were told "jacket and tie preferred, but at least a jacket." after trudging around downtown with a hot jacket, we arrived to find the bar full of people in shorts and t-shirts. Shorts apparently allowed in the dining room, but casual dress shirts were the norm. We were some of the very few in jackets. If you're going to have a dress code, please enforce it.

Drinks at the bar were weak.. Could even taste it.

We were seated 20 minutes after our reservation time. I understand that reservation times aren't hard and fast, but for the money, this was too long a wait.

The restaurant was incredibly noisy: we were almost shouting to be heard.

Crab Cakes were great, lobster bisque nic, but the steaks were over-seasoned. Great cuts of meat, but I just didn't like what they did to them.

Service was good, but not incredibly attentive.

Overall, not really bad, but for a $200.00 meal for two, they just should have been much better in many areas.

I'd go back, if it was a slow night & I could expect more from them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“One of the top steakhouses in the U.S.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Went there again last night to celebrate our daughters 25 birthday and we were again impressed by the service and the quality of the food. I had the bone in ribeye cooked med rare plus and it was perfect. Best steak I ever ate. I highly recommend the steak tartare appetizer and a bottle of there pink sparking wine (champaign). For dessert the bread pudding is simply awesome. Of course all this quality does not come cheap. But it is worth it. Two bottles of champaign, 1 appetizer, 2 desserts, 4 main courses and 4 sides, for four people was just shy of 5 bills.

Enid, Oklahoma
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

One of the best steak i have had in years! The atmosphere was great, food was great, staff were great.

We had a business dinner and we were able to have conversation.

Orange, CA
“Best steak and service ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Vic and Anothony's, near the Houston Astro's stadium last week. We've been to some good steakhouses through the years, but nothing compares to this place! It was beautiful, had great service and fantastic food. I've never experienced such a flavorful steak in my life! Expensive but worth it.

Houston
“Meh...i've had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I can't believe i have been a Houstonian for this long and not tried V&A..well i wasn’t missing much.
Made a reservation for Saturday night, Valet is only $6, seated right away, I didn’t like my table, high traffic by the kitchen extremely loud..my waiter was intuitive enough to realize i was uncomfortable and he asked if he could switch the table which i gladly accepted.
Wait staff was incredible, main waiter and team very attentive and friendly
Starters ordered lobster bisque and Caesar salad...was alright, nothing to write home about...
Extensive wine list, very limited whites by the glass but was good enough.
I asked for fresh lemonade...i was given fountain minute maid lemonade, trust me i know my lemonade...blech
Entrees ordered 16oz ribeye...cooked perfectly temp wise, but it wasn’t to die for steak.
Ordered the pan roasted chicken...this was horrible, i can definitely cook better at home..over cooked and covered up with some weird sauce.
In contrast, the mashed potatoes and asparagus that came with it were very good.
Ordered the macaroni and cheese....blech...
Dessert time, ordered the abnormally large crème brulee...now this was yum worthy, it was delish!!!

A Piano player was playing by the bar he was very good, so we stopped and ordered a couple of drinks which were surprisingly very affordable and listened. Very cozy in there, take your date in there and order a few drinks and dessert after you eat somewhere else...sorry wish i could say better, maybe my expectations/taste is too high...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere