“one night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9120 Airport Boulevard, I-45 & Airport, Houston, TX 77061   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 451 hotels in Houston
Houston
“one night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel was super close to Hobby Airport, free breakfast, free shuttle service to the airport and everyone I came in contact with was courteous. The bed was super comfortable and the room was clean. I was traveling to Houston to drop off my daughter for summer camp, so as a mom, I felt safe and secure. Thank you Comfort Suites!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I were there for my daughter's college graduation. We had reservations for 2 rooms. Both rooms were very clean and very comfortable. The front desk people were wonderful. We needed space to have a gathering after graduation and the meeting room was booked so they allowed us to use the breakfast area instead.

It was convenient access to the highway and restaurants. Could not have asked for a better stay.

Illinois City, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few different hotels around Hobby airport and they are pretty much average. This one is a step above the rest just because of the friendly helpful desk clerk I would guess she has never met a stranger A plus the airport shuttle service is prompt and free. The breakfast is good and the pool and rooms and area is clean. There are a couple of restaurants,clubs & gas stations within walking distance. I would not reccomend walking around after dark, in general anywhere I've stayed around the airport just isn't a good area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Upland, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from May 30-June 4th. We were given room #226. Even though the room faced the main street, at night we did not hear any traffic noise. The room was large and equiped with a microwave, small fridge and flat screen TV. The bathroom & room was extremely clean. The only negative thing was the pull out sofa bed. The mattress was extremely thin and uncomfortable! My son was unable to sleep on it at all.
I had read previous reviews where people complained about a smell in the elevator. At no time did I ever notice any odor at all. I am a stickler for cleanliness, and was very pleased with how clean the rooms and entire hotel was.
All the staff was pleasant, however I would like to give a special acknowledgement to the front desk clerk Tammy. I cant say enough good things about her! Tammy was always extremely cheerful and friendly. She always made it a point to say hello to us when we were going out for the day. She always talked with the kids when we were returning, asking if they had had a good time. ( Like when we had spent the day at NASA). She is definetely an asset to this hotel!
The next time we are in Houston I will definetely stay here and would highly recommend it to others!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very nice and quiet hotel at a competitive price. The rooms, service and staff are outstanding. I travel a lot and always stay at this hotel when in Houston. The rooms have plenty of space and are clean with very comfortable beds, Flat screen tv, free internet, breakfast and a nice pool. Easy access to the freeway and close to Hobby Airport.
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The breakfast was really good and the staff was very caring and helpful at check-in. The rooms were really cleaned and the hotel is Eco-friendly which is really good. I really enjoyed my stay and would be booking future reservations at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
eugene, Or
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked a stay here before our cruise, and the day after our cruise was over. The night we got there, some guy was at the front desk in shorts and a backwards hat stuffing his face with Chinese food. he ate the entire time he checked us in. The room was ok, air conditioner did NOT work, it was so hot and stuffy in our room! We told the front desk the next morning, and the response was "Oh, sorry'. The walls were super dirty! Especially by the garbage can. Patches on the walls were all different color paints. The shuttle in the early morning was driven by the maid, and just a dirty van. Also, there is NO food nearby except dennys, and I would not recommend walking this neighborhood at night. If they could just fix a few things and have someone more presentable at the front desk at all times, I think it would be much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Suites H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and providing us with feedback on your guest experience.

We take all feedback seriously and would like to provide some background information relative to the situation you described as well as some corrective actions we have already implemented. I certainly agree that the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide.

We had a thunder storm a couple of days before you arrived and the hotel got struck by lighting and almost half of the air conditioners at our hotel were affected. All our staff were called upon to help repair the A/C’s in a short period of time. Unfortunately some of the motherboards on the A/C’s were burned out and we had to work with what we had. We ordered the motherboards as soon as possible with expedited delivery. We even found a solution to bypass the thermostat and control the affected A/C’s on the unit itself.

We have many restaurants that deliver quality food to the hotel, please just ask our front desk staff for suggestions. We will continue to work to ensure all aspects of your stay are pleasant in the future.

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered in our Hotel when the front desk clerk checked you in. I have discussed your comments with the front desk clerk and corrective action is being taken to address the deficiencies that you noted in your review. We appreciate your bringing these matters to our attention so that we can improve the services we offer our guests. Incidents such as this are rare, and we are always concerned when they occur.

Been to Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston? Share your experiences!