“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is very well maintained. The rooms are spacious. There is a nice heated pool. The hot tub/sauna is very nice. There is a great workout room. It is kept very clean. The staff are very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The food at the restaurant inside the hotel is very good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Katie D,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share your comments to our entire hotel team. We hope to become your hotel of choice for any future travel needs. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kareem Settles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Hamilton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here for business, female, traveling alone in unfamiliar territory. I arrived at the hotel about 8:30 pm and there was no line for check-in. Before going in I had driven around the parking lot a couple of times and only had found parking in the back, or sides almost in back that was not lit very well. So, back to check-in, it was quick and easy and I was placed in a tower room. However, I felt like I was being rushed away even tho I had questions, specifically on the parking situation. All I got was a "it is what it is" response and he clearly wasn't interested in my concerns. So back out I went, circled some more and settled on a spot that was as close as I could get in the dark parking lot. I headed to my room and was pleasantly surprised, the room was quite large, with oversized furniture and the bed and all those looked comfy. I then headed off to check the hotel restaurant menu but then decided on eating at the bar (same menus by the way). My dinner was really good (steak, mashed, veggies and salad) but the Martini's weren't that great. Ordered a Cosmo after suggestion of the bartender and got a wine type glass of OJ and cran and vodka? After the long day I had, I just drank it and then ordered an apple martini, same wine glass and slightly better, but not great. After returning to my room, I needed to get ready for bed and used the bathroom. After walking in, I walked back out to see if it was a joke. The bathroom looks nothing like the rest of the room, the ceiling is super low with crummy ceiling tiles, it's about the size of a pantry closet and the only thing that is modern is the granite countertop and light fixtures. Talk about falling short when renovating! The stay, overall was fine, bed was comfy and that's what I needed!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barella3602,

We certainly thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We value each and every guest comment of our hotel. We will share your comments with our front desk team and bartenders. We know you have several options when traveling and hope you choose our hotel for any future travel needs.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed two nights on business travel. My corporate rate includes breakfast.

Rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly at check-in and out. I was given a goody bag of snacks and water at check-in. I've stayed at other nice suite hotels, and this one was right on track, especially for the price.

What stood out to me was breakfast. The had the usual, and more. As expected, there was fruit, bread, bagels, yogurt, etc. The choice of hot items was unusually good: bacon, sausage, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, potatoes, eggs. Each day there was also something more than the usual: pancakes; eggs with peppers onion and cheese; tamales; stir fry (yes, at breakfast!); chimichanga. Not enough!? You can also order waffles or omlettes with your choice of filling. A nice start before a long work day!

The hotel is near a noisy highway, and I could hear the traffic all night, even with curtains drawn. When the A/C kicked on, it was also pretty noisy.

Room Tip: The hotel is near a noisy highway, and I could hear the traffic all night, even with curtains drawn...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sondra G,

We thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. The Omeletes are indeed a big hit with all our guests. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Very modern and clean. Price was excellent. Loved the balcony. Bed was very comfortable. They even had big bottles of Pellegrino water available in the room. Will definetly be back when I return to Houston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nina V,

Our staff will certainly be proud of your kind comments about our hotel. Our goal is to exceed every guest expecations. We pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

On the weekend of September 13-15 of 2013 I stayed at the Crown Plaza in Sugarland for a state conference. The service was amazing. I was greeted with smiles. I experienced laughter shared by each employee I encountered. If you're in the area and need a nice place to relax or concentrate on work I highly recommend you choose this location for your stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear MicheleCQ,

Thank you for your kind comments of our hotel. We strive to exceed every guest's expectations. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our 2 day stay. A mature property that has been well maintained. Not fancy but nice. Easy access to major and secondary roads. Parking was convenient. We did not eat at the restaurant although it looked busy. There were ample choices in the vicinity. If you have a car, a good place to stay if visiting the museum district.

Stayed February 2013
Dear directedit,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to become your hotel for any future travel. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I am a road surveyor for the Department of transportation. I travel to different states 10 months out of the year. Every night we stay in a different hotel. When we find a favorite we go back as much as we can! The Crowne Plaza Houston/SugarLand is one of our favorites! Lets start with the staff, being on the road and not getting to see family a lot is hard! From the second my coworker and I walked in, we felt welcomed and at home! The staff here treated us as if we had been there everyday! They were very nice and extremely helpful! The manager on duty Sheldon, was amazing and informative of the things in the hotel and the restaurants around the area. He took extra time to make sure our check in went smoothly and that our rooms were exceptional. Next: the rooms, we were on the 8th floor which is the executive level and it was extravagant! First of all I love that I get to wake up to Starbucks coffee in my room every morning without having to leave my hotel! This is a big plus for me because Starbucks fuels me in the morning! The robes provided in the room are very comfortable and a nice amenity. I loved having a balcony where I could stand outside and look at the city! To my surprise you could not hear any traffic noise coming from the interstate that was right below. The beds are the best hotel beds that I have slept on since my assignment in Texas and the pillows are perfect! Last but not least, they have an amazing bartender and breakfast buffet at this hotel! I will always return to the Crowne!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Krysipoo,

We thank you for your kind comments. We will share your comments to Sheldon and our entire staff. This will be music to their ears. We hope to see you soon.

Kareem Settles

Been to Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land? Share your experiences!