“great value, surprising breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Jackson, Texas
“great value, surprising breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed two nights on business travel. My corporate rate includes breakfast.

Rooms were clean, modern and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly at check-in and out. I was given a goody bag of snacks and water at check-in. I've stayed at other nice suite hotels, and this one was right on track, especially for the price.

What stood out to me was breakfast. The had the usual, and more. As expected, there was fruit, bread, bagels, yogurt, etc. The choice of hot items was unusually good: bacon, sausage, turkey sausage, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, potatoes, eggs. Each day there was also something more than the usual: pancakes; eggs with peppers onion and cheese; tamales; stir fry (yes, at breakfast!); chimichanga. Not enough!? You can also order waffles or omlettes with your choice of filling. A nice start before a long work day!

The hotel is near a noisy highway, and I could hear the traffic all night, even with curtains drawn. When the A/C kicked on, it was also pretty noisy.

Room Tip: The hotel is near a noisy highway, and I could hear the traffic all night, even with curtains drawn...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Sondra G,

We thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. The Omeletes are indeed a big hit with all our guests. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you on your next visit.

Kareem Settles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this hotel. Very modern and clean. Price was excellent. Loved the balcony. Bed was very comfortable. They even had big bottles of Pellegrino water available in the room. Will definetly be back when I return to Houston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nina V,

Our staff will certainly be proud of your kind comments about our hotel. Our goal is to exceed every guest expecations. We pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

On the weekend of September 13-15 of 2013 I stayed at the Crown Plaza in Sugarland for a state conference. The service was amazing. I was greeted with smiles. I experienced laughter shared by each employee I encountered. If you're in the area and need a nice place to relax or concentrate on work I highly recommend you choose this location for your stay.

Dear MicheleCQ,

Thank you for your kind comments of our hotel. We strive to exceed every guest's expectations. We will share your comments with our entire staff. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our 2 day stay. A mature property that has been well maintained. Not fancy but nice. Easy access to major and secondary roads. Parking was convenient. We did not eat at the restaurant although it looked busy. There were ample choices in the vicinity. If you have a car, a good place to stay if visiting the museum district.

Stayed February 2013
Dear directedit,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to become your hotel for any future travel. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I am a road surveyor for the Department of transportation. I travel to different states 10 months out of the year. Every night we stay in a different hotel. When we find a favorite we go back as much as we can! The Crowne Plaza Houston/SugarLand is one of our favorites! Lets start with the staff, being on the road and not getting to see family a lot is hard! From the second my coworker and I walked in, we felt welcomed and at home! The staff here treated us as if we had been there everyday! They were very nice and extremely helpful! The manager on duty Sheldon, was amazing and informative of the things in the hotel and the restaurants around the area. He took extra time to make sure our check in went smoothly and that our rooms were exceptional. Next: the rooms, we were on the 8th floor which is the executive level and it was extravagant! First of all I love that I get to wake up to Starbucks coffee in my room every morning without having to leave my hotel! This is a big plus for me because Starbucks fuels me in the morning! The robes provided in the room are very comfortable and a nice amenity. I loved having a balcony where I could stand outside and look at the city! To my surprise you could not hear any traffic noise coming from the interstate that was right below. The beds are the best hotel beds that I have slept on since my assignment in Texas and the pillows are perfect! Last but not least, they have an amazing bartender and breakfast buffet at this hotel! I will always return to the Crowne!

Dear Krysipoo,

We thank you for your kind comments. We will share your comments to Sheldon and our entire staff. This will be music to their ears. We hope to see you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Starting from the second we walked in, this hotel shines above the rest. I stay in at least 200 hotels a year, and I am here to tell you, this place is exemplary in service and comfort.
Sheldon was amazing. He made us feel like we were family. We had the opportunity to go back on another day, and we were treated like long lost friends. It was great. Clean rooms, sparkling bathrooms, and comfortable bathrobes. Wonderful starbucks coffee. What an unexpected pleasure. Loved it.

Dear Scrowder 44,

Thank you for your kind comments. We will certainly share your comments with Sheldon and our entire staff. We hope to become your hotel of choice. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the perfect location for a last minute getaway. Free parking, Wi-Fi, spacious rooms, and breakfast buffet...what more can you ask for? My first impression upon entrance was WOW. The staff was very prompt in assisting with my early arrival by ensuring that a room was available for check-in. They explained where all the amenities were located throughout the hotel and made sure that I had no questions. Once in the room I was blown away with the space and layout. The room was clean and bright. The breakfast buffet was amazing...pancakes and waffles made to order by the cooks, sausage, bacon, fruit, and multiple juice choices.
I will definitely stay here again, no doubt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pankaj P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Glenda W,

We certainly thank you for your kind comments of our hotel. We understand that you have many options when traveling and thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Kareem Settles

Been to Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land? Share your experiences!