“great place to stay,kids love it too!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #79 of 451 hotels in Houston
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
“great place to stay,kids love it too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We very much enjoy staying at the Crowne Plaza on Southwest freeway! The rooms are clean, big and cozy. Indoor pool for the kids, restaurant and bar have always been excellant. Olive Garden and Saltgrass right outside is an added bonus.
The staff and service are wonderful. We travel alot, and always come back to the Crowne Plaza. I have recommended this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. Its wonderful to hear that families with children have such a great time here. Especially coming from someone who travels often.
We hope you continue to stay with us time and time again and continue having such a great experience every time!

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just stayed at the Crowne Plaza and must say I was more then impressed. It was very clean, the staff was very accommodating and the room I stayed in was VERY comfortable. I slept like a baby and woke the next morning to their delicious breakfast. Hands down one of the best hotel stays I have ever encountered. Will definitely stay there again if I am in Houston again and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Treston D,

Thank you for your review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our awesome customer service during your stay.
We always try to exceed expectations and its great to hear that we did. So glad you got the opportunity to enjoy our delicious breakfast.
Next time you come back you should check out our extensive dinner menu.
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel near Sugar Land and it was great. The staff, rooms, food and service was outstanding. The room was clean and nothing was out of place. It was well stocked and very comfortable. We attended an event at the hotel and spent the night. We could not have asked for or received any better accommodations anywhere. Crowne Plaza is my hotel of choice when I am traveling. The hotel is an excellent value proving luxury without extravagant pricing is attainable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RSullivent,

Thank you for your great review!

This is one the best housekeeping that I have had the opportunity to work with. Your review says it all! We pride ourselves in customer service and clean rooms here! I am happy to see you decided to stay in a room during the event you attended here.
We hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently made a road trip from Washington State to Houston Texas. 40 hours straight and i needed somewhere nice to finally lay down my head! Luckily I was able to stay at this hotel and it was amazing. Very clean, amazing staff, great breakfast and the room was awesome! Recommend this to EVERYONE!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pankaj P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear shilo v,

Thank you for your recent review.

WOW! 40 hours from Washington to Texas?! You must have been exhausted. I am glad we were able to provide you with some rest and a nice breakfast to start your day.
We hope to see you again soon.
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got reservation to this hotel 1 months in advance knowing that it will be week of OTC convention and entire Houston is going to be booked. When I arrived I found that my reservation was miraculously got cancelled. I was redirected three times to different reservation reps which informed me that they don't know how cancellation happened and they are not able to help me. So I rate only service now which from my standpoint looks F-grade.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Boris_Crow,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Sam Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

What do you say when a place is perfect? I was amazed with the service this hotel offers. The service protocol and going above all my expectations from the time we arrived till we got there. I can't thank them enough for making my Anniversary one to remember. We are an Army family and to have me and my wife spend time together was amazing. We will always stay here if we visit houston again and another amazing thing was the mall less then 10mins. Wow !!!!! Huge!!!!! and one of a kind.

Room Tip: Go for the Executive Suite it is the best has a jacuzzi tub in it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gina A,

Thank you for that great review!
I am so glad you and your family were able to spend some time together here at our hotel.
Its great to hear that we go above and beyond for our guests here and to find out that we helped make a memory is even better. This is why most of us here got into hospitality in the first place!
Its a joy that you were able to celebrate your anniversary with us and I certainly hope you are able to do so again and again.
So what DO you say when something is so perfect?...I think you just did.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in an executive suite here for a few weeks on relocating to Houston. I was a great choice for a longer stay - a large spacious suite (with completely separate bedroom). We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and dinner options within the hotel. It is very conveniently located, just off a major highway, and with many shops nearby. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Summery1,

Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay here for a few weeks. With so many breakfast items its not difficult to find something new to eat there every day.
Definitely having a spacious suite like ours is much more comfortable. I hope your relocation to Houston is complete and went well.
Stop by and see us again sometime!

Been to Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land? Share your experiences!