“Great Service at the Crowne Plaza” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #41 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Rockville, Maryland
“Great Service at the Crowne Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My experience at this Crowne Plaza has been great. Very comfortable rooms with great service from the hotel staff. The concierge staff are very attentive, always making sure that your needs have been satisfied. The restaurant offers good quality plates at an affordable price. They have a nice indoor pool. They offer you free parking, free hot breakfast, free transportation within a 10 mile radius to the hotel, and free night snacks. Mr. Edgar Vasquez (night manager), Sarai Ramos (day manager) and Emily Zelada ( concierge executive services) have made my stay an excellent one. I will definitely stay again at this hotel when I re-visit the area. It is located in a good safe location close to restaurants within walking distance. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We're so proud of the glowing review you gave us and our team members. Thank you for taking the time to mention the hotel amenities that you enjoyed and for mentioning the staff members by name. It will truly make their day to know that they made a difference to you . We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon.

Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

When we travel we like to stay in Embassy Suites type rooms because we have a child and it works best for us. Well this hotel used to be an Embassy Suites but we did not have to pay Embassy Suites prices. It was in a good location for us. Easy to get to wherever we needed to go. The staff was very nice and attentive. Breakfast was good except for the waffle sticks which were awful. There were enough choices so it didn't matter to us. We had lunch at the hotel restaurant one day and it was really good. The beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. I love the fact that they don't have a bedspread that we would remove anyway. Just takes up more space. The indoor pool was really nice and clean.

Someone wrote in their review that they had a problem because they were told that breakfast was free but for them it wasn't since a box was not checked off. My suggestion is that you always bring a copy of your most recent e-mail confirmation as proof of what you expect.

I recommend this hotel VERY highly!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Traveler,

We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying with us and glad to hear that we were every bit as good as your preferred brand. Thank you for the heads up about the waffles and for the tip about bringing your confirmation with you. That's always a good idea! We hope that we've won you over as the best choice in Houston and that you'll be back soon.

Safe travels.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My Dad thought it would be fun to have a boys only weekend.
At first I thought it was going to be pretty boring with no video games or tv and some weird awkward camping trip where I would have to learn to be a man.
It was actually pretty cool and he suggested I let other people know how much fun a 15 year old and his Dad can have.
We went to Galveston for a day and had some fun but the really fun part of the weekend was when we stayed at this Crowne Plaza. We went swimming in their pool. Then ate a huge plate of ribs and got to lounge in the room, watch tv, even ordered a movie on pay per view.
Definitely a cool hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sulphur, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I always look forward to staying at this Crowne Plaza when I am in town. The rooms are amazing & the beds are extremely comfortable - which is the most important for a good nights sleep. The food is amazing and very affordable. I love the indoor pool, jacuzzi & the workout area. The staff is very friendly & helpful. If you stay here 1 time you will never stay any where else - GUARANTEED!!

Room Tip: Every room in this hotel is perfect!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your rave review! We're so happy that you enjoy all of the amenities (especially the cozy beds) that we have to offer! Our team takes guest service personally and they are the best in Houston! Thanks for choosing us when you're in Houston. We hope you'll be back soon.
Fort Myers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good Morning, They lied to me. They told me breakfast was FREE, then this morning they said that the price was the same but a box was not checked when I checked in and breakfast was now $9.95 each. They said the rate was the same either way but the box was not checked. The evening clerk told me that breakfast was free.
They need more training with respect to complaints. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.
Cost $139.00 plus tax of $25.46 for a total of $164.46.
my e-mail address is privatevaults@gmail.com

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

We're sorry to hear that we did not perform up to par during your visit. It sounds like there was a miscommunication but that we did not resolve it to your satisfaction. I offer my sincere apologies and hope that you might be back and let us make up for the unfortunate events of your stay. As you can see by the majority of comments, we do take guest service very seriously and go out of our way to make guests happy. If we made a mistake, we'll certainly make the effort to right our wrong.

Hope to see you again!
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 weeks and felt at home, part of the family.
Room big, clean and as cool as you wanted.
Breakfast was efficient and always the same standard...... Filling.
Meals and beer, after 6 weeks I still looked forward to sitting down in the evening.
Ribs were out of this world.
Staff are without a exception courteous friendly and receptive, made my stay easy.
I was shuttled each day to work ( company deal ) or took the free local shuttle to and from mall's or eateries at no cost.
Don't want to single anyone out it would not be fare but I congratulate Michael on running a feel friendly hotel, I will be back and request to stay here.

Stayed July 2012
Dear Traveler,

Let me start by saying WOW! You stayed here for 6 weeks and still have nothing but great things to say about the hotel. That is one of the finest compliments we could receive as we understand that being away from home for 6 weeks ( no matter where you are) can wear a person down. But as you mentioned, our staff is the best and they make it their duty to treat our guests like family and we take care of our hotel like it is our home. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell others about your pleasant experience with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at this location last weekend and I must say the staff was just wonderful. I was checked in Saturday around 2:30 and the young lady name was Darcell she was very nice and smiled when she checked me in. I appreciate great customer service and she was on top of it! The room was great and the bar guy was such a funny and prompt waiter!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land? Share your experiences!